Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a bit miffed

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2003, 10:30 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...I couldn't park the car outside my house when I got home from work tonight, as we have had the builders in, and their car was where I would normally park mine. So, I parked mine at the end of our street, close to the junction with the adjoining cul-de-sac in view so I could see it from home.

Anyway - I was due to pop out in the car, so I got in and prepared to set off. I happen to look up and see a small kid (who I know, as he lives more or less opposite me) come hurtling round the corner on his bike, looking over his shoulder, shouting at his mates back in the direction of my house.

He's heading straight for the car.

He looks around, and panics as he sees my stationary car getting closer and closer - he swerves, and glances off my front offside wing. He pulls up close to the car.

I immediately jump out and inspect the damage. He's scratched the front of the o/s wing, and the splitter (I assume with his pedal)

So... I storm around to his dad's and tell him what's happened. He joins me at my car, and asks me to get the work priced up for it fixing.

Not that much of a problem, I suppose.

what p's me off, though, is that if I hadn't been sat in the car, I'd have come to it and found the scratch and would only have had a suspicion of who had done it.

He's only a 5 year old kid, so I suppose you can't blame him too much. He's got too much freedom from his parents. I have a 7 year old .. and I wrap him in cotton wool, compared to this kid. He'll more than likely end up under a car if he carries on like he is doing, and will dwell on some pour soul's conscience for the rest of their life.

This all might not make much sense. I'm typing it as it comes out of my head, and don't intend to proof read it. Thanks for listening... I suppose I just needed to get this off my chest.

I'll check the damage properly tomorrow, and work out where I go from here.
Old 15 September 2003, 10:31 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Unlucky mate Hope it gets sorted quickly and to your satisfaction...

Andy
Old 15 September 2003, 10:33 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It never ceases to amaze me, what the hells a five year old doing out on his own, cul-de-sac or not, do people not watch the news?????
Old 15 September 2003, 10:51 PM
phoenix1
Scooby Regular

at least by the sound of it the dad is going to pay for the damagebut as you say if you hadn't of been in the car you probably wouldn't have known who done it, which i think you would have felt even worse mate.
Old 15 September 2003, 11:22 PM
met
Scooby Regular

had the exact same happen at me mums house, little **** on a bike bombing round the corner didnt see her car parked up on the kerb, she has a disabled bay before you say shouldnt be parked on the kerb, & he smacked right into the door, had to march him round his parents house too, paid out in full though, but what if i never saw the little git, trouble was he'd ridden some distance so had a good 15min march, there & back, could of nicked his bike of him i guess to ride home on
Old 15 September 2003, 11:52 PM
yoza
BANNED

Having a nice car that you cherish is a ballache!

You worry where you park it, when you should take it out, can I got to the pictures in it, can I go the gym in it, is it safe in work, is it safe at home, etc, etc.

Im lucky I have two, well three including hers. My nice one, her nice one, and a station car shed. I tend to use the shed more than the scoob.

You may remember my scoob got shot! saw the little **** take aim then the ping of the pellet bouncing off the front wing. This damage I have never had fixed because I feel that its not worth it. Its enevitable that it will happen again.

If it didnt owe me so much money I would sell it! Cant be bothered any more. Its not just the vandals and thieves it attracts, but it attracts attention from all unwanted walks off life.

A good percentage of people see you in a "performance" car and they dont think "I bet he works hard for that". No they think "oh look theres the local dealer".

My station car(nissan sunny) is invisable, and when Im driving it Im invisable! Begining to like the idea.
Old 16 September 2003, 12:05 AM
RRH
Scooby Regular

a stealth car eh yoza not surprising i missed u at ellesmere port vauxhall meet the other day- were u avoiding radar in the sunny?

getting back to the thread, understand and sympathise. kid will be kids, and, hopefully, if they take the (questionably) responsible attitude of the parents they should be ok. understand what you say about 'what if they hadn't been seen'.

having said that, my lad has had a great upbringing and he's still a little turd

simon
Old 16 September 2003, 12:13 AM
yoza
BANNED

I was there, hanging around with CW42, RedWRX, Sonic, and NotRev.

Im going to put the Nissan to the test....and see if I can stealth through the tunnel without payin.
Old 16 September 2003, 07:52 AM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

Cheers, guys. Thanks for the support. Going to take a good look at the damage today, and I'll report back to those that are interested.

Yoza - can you check 5ive-o for a pm?
Old 16 September 2003, 12:44 PM
LC Geezer
Scooby Regular

At least the parents are prepared to pay up. It doesn't always happen like that though. One little **** in our street (Scooby K - you there? you know which little angel I'm talking about) caused some damage. When he was frog marched to his parents, he denied everything. The parents took his side and told the "victim" that their child wouldn't lie and to **** off and move somewhere else. The parents then said that even if their little angel had caused the damage, that wasn't their problem. Their child was just "expressing himself". My reaction would have been to express myelf on their doorstep late one night.

LCG