ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Blown Fuses

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2003, 09:07 AM
A4MHU
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Have got a MY01 WRX and 4 times in the last week the fuses to the indicators and hazards have blown. My local dealer has had the car for the last 4 days trying to find the fault but because its intermittent can't, they are not keen to return the car until they have fixed it, but I'm getting very bored or the bottom spec legacy I have in place.
Has anybody else experianced a similar problem, fuses blow while the indicators are going - normally on a left hand turn ....
Any suggestions very welcome.
Old 27 August 2003, 11:43 AM
Franko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its happened to me on a few cars (non subaru) and its always been a loose wire... rusty connection at the indicator lamps etc and on one occasion cat or dog or Something had chewed threw the wiring at the indicator. causing the fuses to blow whenever the car whent over a jump and made the wires touch..

Its most likely a loose wire somewhere.. maybe your car stereo wires been moved around etc.. or alarm wires have connection to indicators..

Hope you get it sorted

Franko
Old 27 August 2003, 11:50 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
A possible source of the fault is if the car has had an aftermarket alarm fitted, or a tow kit.

I've spent a good number of years fitting Alarms and seen the pathetic so-called thatcham installations that seem to be common. In which case it could be an insecure poorly insulated solder joint or connector that's earthing on the body.

Faviourite place for the alarm control box is usually behind the glove-box, and the indicator connections will be tapped off somewhere by the steering column.