Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

£2139 on Friday Evening

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2000, 12:35 AM
JohnS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Well I'd just like to thank everyone who came along on Friday night for making it such a successful evening.

I've just added up all the cash and cheques, and we raised a total of 2139 pounds for Children 1st, taking in 1357 pounds on the night, and the rest by prize draw tickets sales by mail order and from colleagues at work. My employer has agreed to match pound for pound the money raised at the event, meaning a total of 4278 pounds will go to a very worthy cause from our fun activities on the night.

Behaviour on the track was superb, and I believe we only had one person spin off during the whole event, closing the track for a mere 5 minutes during the two hours. Everyone I spoke to, said that that the track didn't appear to be busy at any time, and it was almost like they had the track to themselves for most of the time they were out.

The passenger laps in exchange for donations to charity proved a tremendous success, and I'm sure this will be repeated at future events run by the SIDC.

Duke Video were there during the evening, and did quite a bit of filming, including in-car footage from Colin Tinto's 22B, and we can look forward to it appearing on an Impreza video later this year. I think Bruce from Duke said that he would be returning to Knockhill for our next event in July

The prize draw was very successful (especially for the Lotus Elise owners who sat in the corner and seemed to win every 2nd or 3rd prize, especially if your name is N Rossi - Mind you, they did contribute almost 1/3 of all prize draw ticket sales, and I just hope they wear those Subaru T shirts and baseball caps with pride

Quite a few people from the IWOC and I-Chat mailing lists have also won prizes, and I'll be contacting you individually later today to tell you what your prize is, and I'll either get the supplier to send it out to you directly, or I'll post it out myself.

Knockhill said that we had such a high turn out of good cars and people, that they donated the money raised from passenger laps in the Westfield to the charity fund as well

Cameron Leask had a huge smile on his face, having driven the Delfino Feroce (
Old 01 May 2000, 01:17 PM
leaskc
Scooby Regular

still smiling, John

Thanks to you and Debbie for all the hard work on Friday

Cameron
(waiting for my P1 so I can use all that lovely new Wax Wizard on it )

Old 01 May 2000, 02:19 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Me too Cameron although i see what you mean about the seats

I had the double pleasure of having Subie Gal in the passenger seat for the journey down though
Old 02 May 2000, 09:35 PM
rsquire
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Johns

Thanks for all the work that you put into this event. It was a really fantastic evening..

i don't think that I've ever been happier ( or prouder) than when after a lap and a half you turned to me and said "you don't need me sitting here".

Knockhill is a great circuit. I am totally in lurrve with Duffus and Taylors. Oh yeah and the kerbs through the chicane

Give my thanks to Colin for his hospitality. I'm not sure which was better the fantastic track time, the Scottish hospitality or following the Delfino through the centre of Edinburgh on the saturday morning..

lots of very happy memories..

I'll be back..

Richard
Old 02 May 2000, 10:16 PM
ChrisG
Scooby Regular

JohnS,
Really enjoyed the evening, I was one of the lucky few Scoob owners to win a raffle prize, unlike some of the Elise owners who seemed to very well

When is the next event?

Chris
Old 03 May 2000, 08:36 PM
Subie Gal
Scooby Regular

Smile

B U R N S Y..... drool....

I got my piccy!!! can't wait to see it!!!

Ian - thank you SOOOO much for the ride in the Delfino... I'll never forget it!! What a blast!! Even in the rain!!

Colin - thank YOU for your great hospitality!! you're too kind & a great host! be sure to ring when the theater is up and running!

John S - what a blast!!! I have to come back!!! Thank you for a simply WONDERFUL event...!

wish i lived here... but REALLY did enjoy my day at the track.... driving it wasn't nearly as difficult as i thought!!! The gang back home are gonna just HATE ME! hahahahaha!

Old 03 May 2000, 08:41 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

The pleasure was all mine Jamie made the discomfort of the rather small seat a bit more bearable.
Old 07 May 2000, 12:23 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

JohnS

Thanks for a great evening. My son really was thrilled with his ride. Well worthwhile travelling up from Plymouth for. Well done and thanks again.
WoW