Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

gunpoint

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2003, 08:36 PM
ecotech
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
last night in wrexham, north wales, a friend who i know, who has a 98 wrx jdm in white. he was sitting on the burger king car park talking to a few people when 2 young lads came over and pulled out a gun and ordered him outta the car like {get outta the freeking car now} but just as this happened a car screeched on the car park and they ran off. just goes to show ya what some people will do for a scoob. i have a 94 wrx jdm last time i park anywhere round there.
Old 26 July 2003, 08:58 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

OMG!I go to work in Wrexham everyday!I better be more careful!!!
Old 27 July 2003, 01:34 AM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

Ah, well you have Richard Brunstrom to thank for that

He is the the Chief Constable for North Wales, and his magnificent force only managed to solve 41 out of a total of 693 vehicle crimes in April of this year. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Looking at burglaries, North Wales had a target to reduce them by 21%, but in April they increased by 24%, in May they increased by 18.9%, and in June they increased by 10.6%. Thus, for example, out of 296 burglaries in April, a mere 18 (6.1%) were solved

Still, we can all get that warm, comfortable feeling knowing that there are 4,200 speeding tickets being issued every month - in North Wales alone . This means that Richard's plan (he is head of Road Policing for ACPO, the Association of Chief Police Officers) to catch three million speeding motorists a year by 2004 will easily be achieved. No doubt this will be helped by extending the use of unmarked police vehicles to trap drivers in North Wales at weekends

Cheerypops!!

mb
Old 27 July 2003, 01:48 AM
Mr.M
Scooby Regular

I think chief insepctors, like mp's should be voted on after 2 years in service. That way they work for the public and not some crusade to make momey!
Old 27 July 2003, 11:20 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Ecotech,where exactly did the incident take place?Which car park was that?I wasn't sure if the Burgerking in Wrexham has a carpark.It could have been another car park around.Did your friend report it to the cops?Please tell me more!
Old 27 July 2003, 11:33 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Boomer,thanks for the figures,mate.I had house burglary in April.I was sleeping upstairs when the Scums got in through the window.Did find the crooklock key,but Scoob keys were hidden.They took our Mobiles.One scum was using my mobile so,I got the list of calls from O2 he made.The scums left their fingermarks etc too.But police???Did they work on any of the clues? NO!Did they find the scums? NO!They were too busy giving me speeding tickets!!!!
I told them to look into this burglary seriously.They said,they had BIGGER crimes to deal with.I said,it could have turned fatal with them being inside my house when I was asleep.So,I would have had to be seriously hurt/killed for them to take this seriously!Ridiculous!!
Old 27 July 2003, 01:46 PM
ecotech
Scooby Regular

its was on the staples car park which has a drive through bk on there,near tesco, and yes he reported it straight away.
Old 27 July 2003, 02:19 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Ok! I got told recently that 12 and a half percent of crimes of N.Wales get committed in Wrexham.One has to watch it there!
Thanks for info!
Old 27 July 2003, 02:36 PM
stellaFella
Scooby Regular

worked there for 17 years and the place never ceases to amaze me its more like an inner city slum than a N.Wales town.The Arrive Alive campaign is becoming a national joke they were out every day last week on my drive to work.
Old 27 July 2003, 04:39 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Yep!That's where they did me twice and many more pensioners etc got done there with 50 yrs clean record of driving!
Just seen one undercover van on A494 to Ruthin(outside Gwernymynydd).F**k all reason to be there for them!Oh,I forgot,they have to achieve their target!What about Paul Savage Murder?They still are clueless about it!
They have BIGGER crimes too deal with!e.g.give speeding tickets!
*diots!!!