Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

FAO Gosport / fareham scoobynetters: Been followed, very suspicious!

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2003, 12:04 AM
EvilKyote
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Just got in! went for a drive, Gosport drivers will know the route!

Went through lee and went down the country road by hill head and noticed a car behind me, thought nothing of it, came out in locks heath area, drove through there, same car still following me, headed down titchfield hill (near where that speed camera used to be) and took the left at the bottom and followed the country road to wickham, same car still following me, so booted it down that road until you get to the nursery where got stuck behing other vehicles doing 40mph so I couldn't loose the ****** behind, got to the end of the road and took a right into wickham, through to the round about with the shell garage on the corner, as I has a clear road booted it to the roundabout, breaked hard, took the roundabout pretty quick (My poor tyres!) and then booted it up the hill heading into fareham, Car still following, however he almost lost it trying to follow me round that roundabout as saw him in the mirror as he lost the back end but managed to keep it together! Got a reasonale look at the car, looked like a dark blue or black vauxhall cavalier, two occupants i think, anyway, floored it up the hill towards fareham (So glad i had a clear road) straight accross that newish roundabout then back the floor with the right foot, got down to the roundabout just after going under the motorway (those who know the road will know you can see pretty far back as it's a long straight! what do i see! Nothing! then in the very very far distance headlights coming round the bend, so wasted no time and drove pretty quick through fareham to the police station and drove straight into their private carpark, (Yes, I ignored the 'Police vehicle access only' sign and stopped in front to 3 rather suprised coppers! Explained to them what happened while letting the engine cool, then went in and gave some better details!

So, Be on the look out for a dark blue or black Vauxhall cavalier thats following you and looking suspicious!

Right, time for a stiff drink!!!

EK
Old 26 July 2003, 01:10 AM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Nicely done chap. Did the Feds show any interest in what had happened or were they a bit ticked off you'd interrupted their chat?
Old 26 July 2003, 01:20 AM
Dazza012
Scooby Regular

Cool

Pity they didn't wrap the cav, u could have doubled back and really taken the pi$$ then...lol
Old 26 July 2003, 03:07 AM
Project ST
Scooby Regular

If you have any more information I'd be interested - a black vaux cav with peco exhaust has been parked at the end of my road for a couple of days.
Old 26 July 2003, 07:07 AM
scoobydevil1
Scooby Regular

thanks m8 visit family in gosport once a month will look out for them.
still you showed why we love awd in the wet and twistys.

gaz
Old 26 July 2003, 09:32 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I was followed a few months ago in Totton, but it was a pale car, and only one guy in it Followed me from the Chinesse to the end of my road (which I drove past and headed out onto the bypass ) despite going hte extra long way and doing two U-turns(but then I guess it was good it wasn't hte same one really )

Glad you managed to get rid of them - keep your eyes out guys - I'll put a warning on the website.

Jen
Old 26 July 2003, 09:48 AM
Tony1
Scooby Regular

Often get followed - always have - always had nice cars - people just like to admire yer motor, or see how it goes. Usually, I just let them look by driving slowly, until I deliberately come to a twisty country lane I know well.
Then, along I go slowly until I start coming to the first corner, then it's flick it 2nd - floor it, and give him one minute to find out what he's got - bhp or ability!!!
Usually it's like watching a film in reverse.
The best way to get away from anyone - even PLOD - is a country lane!!!
Old 26 July 2003, 10:32 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

he was probably after a race or just admireing the car

people can be to paranoid
last nite on the way home from work i noticed a car coming up fast behind me with fogs on, turns out it was a scooby with 2 blokes, took him on ickle journey to see what he had under the bonnet, ater showing him up a good few times i slowed down to let him past and as he went past he gave me a wave, he was just after a bit of a larfff
Old 26 July 2003, 11:45 AM
EvilKyote
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the comments guys!

Stickymicky, Know what your saying, but follwing me for about 30 miles round local roads? thats tretching credability too far for someone just admiring the car!

unfortunatly don't have a better description of the car

Police took my details and info I could give them, said they would keep an eye out for suspicious cars matching the descrip I gave them

EK
Old 26 July 2003, 11:15 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Evil, know the route know the feeling!!!!

if you are followed and stopped... on possible thing to try...
last case resort

reverse hard into the following car..

if you have a tow bar all the better...

cars dont go far with fckud rads...!!!

Mart
Old 27 July 2003, 01:22 AM
On-The-Wagon
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the warning EK; I'm just visiting for the w/e and I'll be extra-vigilant...
Old 27 July 2003, 11:14 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i would have said that i had done about 30ish miles as well tho although its likely he was going in my direction anyways as he turned off to goto the coastline where i turned around to go back to our town

i was followed from newcastle to the coastline and had sum nice detours

i must ad mit tho, when im coming back towards my estate i always check my mirrors and make detours if i see headlights, but ive always done this scince i started driving
Old 27 July 2003, 12:15 PM
McScooby
Scooby Regular

...is this where the Police get criticised for not doing enough to find a blue vauxhall cavalier acting suspiciously?
Old 28 July 2003, 02:47 PM
EvilKyote
Scooby Regular

heh,

No, If they do then all the better, but I know it'll be unlikely, at least they have something to go on!