Had a play with a Porche 911 turbo 1995 in the P1

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2003, 10:19 AM
CTRnutter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

tried this already with this lot, mr 1.6 GL impreza driver can't comprehend,

albeit the other day tried it with a new age 911 turbo and it went like a fec train and i was left in the dust,

not for long though:
http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadid=224006

[Edited by CTRnutter - 7/1/2003 10:29:31 AM]
Old 01 July 2003, 06:49 AM
ScoobyKev
Scooby Regular

Hi list.

This is the first time I've commented on having a play with a car. Well cleaned the P1 on Sunday and decided to take her out for a spin. The looks I get when taking the P1 out each time makes me want to drive her more.

In the distance I noticed the rear end of a Porche and decided to catch up to see if they wanted to play, noticed it was a Turbo "OH no". Well the first roundabout said it all, here we go. I kept the car at around 4k rpm, so if he did decide to have a go the power was there to lay on. As I expected he floored the mota round the roundabout and then onto a long dual carriadge way (going up hill). A Merc decided to get involved aswell as a Lotus Elise, but both were blown away in the attempt. I was expecting the Porche to pull away very hard but kept the revs high and was right up his backside, I wasn't going to leave him. Gear changes were easy under pressure, looked at the clock and was amazed the Porche did not pull away. At ?45 mph I did start to notice the Porche pulling a way just slightly, but what do expect for a 3.6 Turbo. Reached the next roundabout and to my amazement the Porche did not want to play anymore. Followed him into town and pulled over. Had a chat with him and it was a LHD Porche 911 Turbo pushing out a standard 414 bhp on tap. He was trying very hard and explained nearly red lining in every gear. He had just paid £40K for the mota and told me to wait till he has had the car chipped, then I can try again. I explained how much the standard P1 costed me and how much bhp it had. Why can't people praise the scooby rather than "wait till its been chipped and try again". If he wants to have another play then I'll be choosing the back roads. Not nocking the Porche at all but for that sort of money I know what I'd choose.

Regards

Kev

Old 01 July 2003, 08:25 AM
ScoobyKev
Scooby Regular

He was pi$$ed off and suggested to try again when its been chipped. Can understand how he feels spending all that money. It definately was a turbo cus I heard the turbo spooling. Mate told me that if it was driven correctly then it would of pi$$ed all over me..

Kev
Old 01 July 2003, 08:40 AM
image doctor
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Chipped or not, if he was trying you would have been toast.
Old 01 July 2003, 09:46 AM
Breath Monster
Scooby Newbie

Smile

Iv'e got a STI Type R (V5), a friend of mine had a Porsche turbo and whilst we never raced them, the Porsche was much faster, it ate Ferrari's for breakfast and **** lightning, it was a complete mad man of a car. I can not imagine how ANY scooby could keep up with a Porsche turbo.
I had a play with a standard 911 (new) and we were neck and neck up to 70 or 80 he then started to pull away.
Scooby's seem to do thier best work up to a ton, after that you just can't expect to keep up with 3 and 4 litre super cars, I don't care what mods you've had done, it aint' hapnin!
Old 01 July 2003, 10:04 AM
ScoobyKev
Scooby Regular

I'm not saying that my P1 is faster....thats just how it happened.

Kev
Old 01 July 2003, 10:12 AM
Breath Monster
Scooby Newbie

Cool

I'm sure your not lying. I remember trying to convince everyone that I kept up with a scooby (wrx estate) in my 325 BMW. Call me a drug adict if you like, but it happened. So I know how you feel!
Old 01 July 2003, 02:22 PM
djy
Scooby Newbie

it's partly down to driver skill. so it's all fair play. but next time when he gets his 911 chipped, there's nothing stopping you getting your P1 tuned.

I never play above the national speed limit (far too much attention drawing), so I make sure my technique is good... (smooth gear changing, right selection of gears for a corner, balancing wheelspin, etc)... jumping between cars can be a bugger for getting things right tho

This is all on my private test track, mind
Old 01 July 2003, 02:42 PM
TREG
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Had my **** kicked by a 911 turbo,around a year ago-on the twisties to! 3.6L TURBO AND 4WD.I would be amazed to see any scooby,keep up with the guy I raced.