Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cat and mouse on the motorway

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2003, 09:59 PM
STI @ 21
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went for a day trip up to uni to get my results for the second year (which I have passed), a nice 550 miles or so round trip London to Preston. On the way up had a nice trip up with not to much traffic, and on the way back **** loads of bad stuff, took me just over three hours to get up and just over 5 to get back. Still its the most fun to just sit in the middle lane in sixth and then accelerate of in front of anything that trys to go past. Great fun, was taking on everything from company car drivers to little boy racers, and everytime I won (nothing really that fast came past, except a high powered merc but took car of that). All in all a good day out with the car, and to top it all off the car is now feeling nice and loose ready for some more meets. See you all soon. O saw a blue and black STI8 going the other ways to me did wave but wasn't seen, so hi to anyone who was in them, I was in the silver one going flying down the other side.

Chris
Old 27 June 2003, 10:44 PM
class_A
Scooby Regular

You wouldn't have a silver STI 8 with gold wheels by any chance??
Old 27 June 2003, 10:54 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

Good style of driving there mate, someone overtakes, cant see you because you may be in their blind spot and pulls in , just as you are steaming up the inside - hey presto, high speed motorway accident.

are you for real?, or is this some stupid wind up?

Old 27 June 2003, 11:07 PM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

Yep sounds pretty stupid to me too, people like you give Scooby drivers a bad name.
Old 27 June 2003, 11:45 PM
SJobson
Scooby Regular

Looked at the Highway Code recently?

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/15.shtml#144
Old 27 June 2003, 11:49 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

21 Yr old students don't have 20K+ for a new STI.

Did daddy buy it for you?, perhaps some driving lessons would have been a better choice.
Old 27 June 2003, 11:53 PM
ramdor
Scooby Regular

Still its the most fun to just sit in the middle lane in sixth and then accelerate of in front of anything that trys to go past.

Richie.
Old 28 June 2003, 04:26 AM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

sti@21,i think you did sort of ask for that ,it sounds like fun but you/we have to resist some urges on safety grounds and it looks like you didn't spot the danger this time (but you are [only] 21) and many people act 'young' when ,well, young(ish), as i did...
ps ...presuming you let them get slightly past first...blah...blah

[Edited by matty01 - 6/28/2003 4:28:15 AM]
Old 28 June 2003, 08:22 AM
saucy-scooby
Scooby Regular

you know...its absolutely amazing what kelloggs give away free inside a cereal packet these days...driving licences

dozy ***** like you should get a lifetime ban...preferably before you happen to wipe out an entire family while having your 'fun' on a motorway
Old 28 June 2003, 08:26 AM
scoobieblue
Scooby Regular

perhaps st@21 drives the black and blue one
if he doesnt,,it sounds like he will be soon
andy
Old 28 June 2003, 08:30 AM
saucy-scooby
Scooby Regular

strange how sti@21 has suddenly kept his mouth shut...maybe he realised after printing such juvenile twaddle that he really is a total waste of space and a lousy driver and is now in the process of giving daddy back his car and going back to his skateboard...we live in hope
Old 28 June 2003, 09:35 AM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Seemed like a good idea at the time, huh STI@21????

You have published your ****-wit behaviour on the net, and everyone responible has sleted you for it.

Personally, I think you are a ******* idiot.

Any ***** who baits "company car" drivers and "boy racers" into high speed jousting should be banned for life.

If you in fact own an STI8, does it make you feel good to beat all these Mondeos, Vectras and Corsas??? Mister Big Man?!

Plonker.
Old 28 June 2003, 10:13 AM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Talking

i dont think its right that you slate all 21 year old drivers. i'm 21 with a uk turbo (my00 bought myself) and i dont drive like a to$$er. i leave the quicker driving for my meets with the south manchester mob

gav..
Old 28 June 2003, 10:33 AM
mj
Scooby Regular

gav555,

nobody's slating all 21 yr olds - just Mr Shcumacher up there for driving like a tool and then boasting about it.

STI@21, like someone mentioned before, how would you fell if you caused a death due to your idiotic driving - chances are, In your 4 star euro crash test STI you would walk away - a young couple in their tinpot fiat might not be so lucky.

If theres one thing that makes my blood boil it's people howling up the inside - motorway driving is bad enough anyway without people like you to look out for.

I know this is my third post on the subject, but your attitude to driving ******* stinks.
Old 28 June 2003, 10:41 AM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

It cases like this that lead to cases of road rage and accidents. As already been mentioned, its no wonder scooby drivers are starting to get a bad name, and its nothing to do with the age of the driver, its about responsibility.

We all make mistakes while driving, but it is unacceptable to deliberatly drive like that, and no doubt other drivers have thought I've been driving like a t*@t occasionally, but don't come on here and boast about driving like a t*@t !!

[Edited by GarethE - 6/28/2003 10:47:03 AM]
Old 28 June 2003, 10:56 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

"Went for a day trip up to uni to get my results for the second year (which I have passed)"

Exams on how to be a ****? what will they think of next.
Old 28 June 2003, 11:08 AM
STI @ 21
Scooby Regular

STI@21 kept his mouth shut cause he went to bed and has now only just woken up. Firstly you don't let them go past, you speed up so your level and then go off in front of them, so there is no chance of them not seeing you. Secondly you only do it when both lanes are clear for a long way. No daddy didn't buy the car I did, and I only got it through a lot of hard work, and I am still sacrificing things to pay the insurance. I am not a bad driver, have had no accidents in the last four years of my driving, and have done numerous driving courses with both pass plus driving instructors and police, and before anyone suggests its not because of dangerous driving courses or other silly replies. So there think that answers all the bitching about me, trust me I am not about to do something stupid and lose my Scooby, after sacrificing so much, and I class myself as a good driver, just need something to keep myself occupied on the motorway, and this usually cheers me up after huge queues.

Chris
Old 28 June 2003, 11:10 AM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how on earth can you afford an STI and be a student??!
Old 28 June 2003, 11:13 AM
STI @ 21
Scooby Regular

And yes it does have gold wheels, and one more thing I have never ever taken anyone up the inside, I always wait for them to pull in, and if they are being ***** and sitting in the fast lane for ages, I might give them a flash to get over. You guys talk about me boasting on here, what about all the stories of racing bmws and other cars on normal roads, hitting 100 mph in national speed limits, what happens if an animal pulls out in front, your gone, and you will probably take the person your racing with you.
Old 28 June 2003, 11:15 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Again it amazes me that based on a few sentences some guy writes on an internet BBS we have people saying he's, a moron, immature, can't drive, crap driver, unsafe, crap in bed etc, etc. You are making all these judgements on one post simply because he's 21 and has an STI and made 1 ill concieved post Its not like he's got a posting history (not that I'm aware of) of doing silly things all the time! We all have our strange moments/moods!

Just a bit harsh IMHO
Old 28 June 2003, 11:33 AM
class_A
Scooby Regular

STI@21, think I might have spotted you parked up yesterday in Preston. Silver STI7/8 parked near Greenbank/Vernon Buildings at UCLAN? Nice motor if it was you. Just finished my 2nd year here, off to do a placement for this year.
Old 28 June 2003, 12:02 PM
MGJohn
Scooby Regular

WOW! Never knew there was sooo many "Holier than thou" Subaru drivers/car enthusiasts about .....

To all those concerned, hands up all those who have NEVER done, even once, something similar to what our 21 year old has been tried and found guilty of? No 21 year old has sufficient nouse to see the whole picture all the time. I certainly didn't at his age (120 mph on north circular - two wheels and NO HELMET - all perfectly legal 40 years ago).

Forty years on I still don't know it all and neither do YOU! That's why Motor Insurance is compulsory.....

WARNING: SOME drivers of certain Nipponese and Germanic Wheels do NOT like to have their or their cars performance limitations shown for what it is by so called inferior British product. Despite the huge mileage on my personal clock, this is something I have only recently learned and road rage is unfortunately an everyday occurrance of late.

Apparently if some plonker ties up 20K or more in a set of alien wheels they don't expect inferior product to be superior. So, don't you dare outperform them with your loose change old banger. Can be a bit iffy! I speak from experience.

Current means of getting about: R220 T16 Turbo Coupe, Montego and Maestro Turbos. Quite nippy "shoestring" motors ...
Old 28 June 2003, 12:04 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, what can i say
Its the comments like "i even took on the little boy racers" that get me, and also the likes of "and then accelerate of in front of anything that trys to go past". Its just ashame that they never taught you to spell at university, tries is spelt like this btw, also taking london (i take it you mean croydon?) to preston in just over 3 hours..... hey, ive driven that road more times than you ever will and 3 hours is not viable, unless your doing 120+ all the way as its nearly 300 miles (plus your going to have to stop for fuel etc) and no doubt you spotted those specs cameras and i take it there are still roadworks on the M6?? (more specs cameras) so id give it 2 weeks before you see yourself banned
Myself, i think that this one is a wind up as no idiot is silly enough to say he did london to preston in 3 hours with the ammount of cameras and police cars out there.

Tony

Old 28 June 2003, 12:07 PM
MGJohn
Scooby Regular

Wink

STI @ 21 :

>> and one more thing I have never ever taken anyone up the inside <<

Oh Matron!! ..... and I don't believe you ...

Old 28 June 2003, 12:55 PM
STI @ 21
Scooby Regular

My house to Preston is 245 miles according to the trip on the car, the STI 8 managed each way on just under a tank of fuel. Therefore if you work it out its averaging about 80 miles an hour all the way up. Yes the road works and cameras do slow you down, but at about five in the morning there is no traffic, and I am quite happy to coast along at 90 or so. I hardly go over about 95 cause I know you will get banned if caught, at least if your doing under you should only really get 3 points and a fine. I have done this trip loads of times in my Pug 206,(as my girlfriend use to go to uni in Canterbury, graduated this year) and I use to go down to see her once every two weeks or so, and this only took me about 4 1/2 hours driving down on Friday afternoon. Therefore no I am not a mad driver who is about to get banned for excessive speed, just one who times his journeys right and doesn't drive at the speed limit, cause he has so many points he might get banned if caught again. Thanks for the support given by some, it nice to know your not all against, and yes that was me parked up at Greenbank on friday, have just finished my 2nd year in Multimedia Systems and Design, and have one more year to go. You might have seen my black modded Pug 206 parked up there for the last two years or so.

Chris
Old 28 June 2003, 01:22 PM
rb5037
Scooby Regular

The comments STI@21 made were all read wrong.
For people to judge someone for a post they wrote is a bit childish espessionaly (sp opps) when they don't know the person.

STI@21 is a new scooby owner and the point i think he was tring to put across was "I love my STI 8 and there's not much that can touch it"
Calm down ladies and put your handbags away. If i posted something like that and people read what i was tring to say wrong i would be a bit upset and think that scooby owners were all a bunch of *****.
At this point i would like to say that the comments made to STI@21 do not relate to my driving manor, as some of you know.

STI@21 made a mistake posting the way he did and i feel that we should forget what was said, if you witness STI@21's driving and then want to comment then i feel that is a better manor of doing things, unlike the way it has happened here.

Hope i do not get a slating due to the words if have chossen to use.

Adam

Ps i did meet STI@21 at the mini surrey meet and he seemed a nice bloke, also say him drive off when there were a few of us still in the carpark and he did so in a normal manor when most of the other scooby owners foored it.
Old 28 June 2003, 02:13 PM
class_A
Scooby Regular

STI@21, it's a small world. Yes, seen the pug parked up a few times, that was a tidy motor too. I've just finished 2nd year Computing, but unfortunatley don't drive anything remotely exotic Good luck with your final year in the new building.
Old 28 June 2003, 02:15 PM
STI @ 21
Scooby Regular

Hopefully you won't get a slating and thanks for your comments, I never judge people till I meet them, but then again I can see where people can think it might have been dangerous. Still everyone does these things and boast about them just look at STI8 vs M3 muhhaaa or whatever it is. We buy these cars to have fun and drive them, some people are stupid and use these cars when they shouldn't be used, such as around residential areas (not pointing fingers before anyone says I am) and others more sensibly on national speed limits and motorways. How people choose to use their car is up to them, and if they wish to post here talking about them let them, I have and I am quite happy to recieve all the slating back because of it. I think the main problem with this post is how I explained everyone seems to think I was undertaking in the middle lane and slow lane all the way up when this isn't true. I was merely saying it was fun to pull over for anything trying to come past at more than 80, and then speed up as they were overtaking drawing level, and then if there was room to move off in front of them if I needed to get out to over take. I don't make a habbit of this, but its fun just to surprise some people like that, and there was never any chance of an accident, as the roads were dead. People on here need to lighten up, if we didn't want to have fun in our cars or show them off to other people then we probably would have brought something less flashy, and joined say the jaguar club.
Old 28 June 2003, 02:17 PM
STI @ 21
Scooby Regular

Cheers class A you to in your gap year perhaps one day we will meet, probably seen you out loads of times. I am the Rugby Union secretary both last and this year and am always out on Wednesday night having fun.
Old 28 June 2003, 02:38 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

Hmmmmmm...... it use to take me over 4 hours to do manchester to croydon in the van (its white so extremely quick ) and that is at 2am in the morning, getting back around 6ish, including a stop for refreshments so 3 hours...... (and i use do to just under 90) so ill let you work that one out.
That average speed your going on about, the 80mph.... well let me put it this way, if you went around the M25 at 90mph your on specs camera, if you go though the centre part of the M6 in Birmingham your on spec's camera, your average speed would have meant you doing atleast 100+ in most parts to reach your target in just over 3 hours, and as you dont know where all the specs are..... i think your looking at a ban personally.
Also for those who havnt travelled along the M6 between the hours of 10pm and 6am..... the ammount of roadworks i use to encounter between these times (and most of the traffic at this time are trucks of a HGV1 nature) is quite amazing, you should see how much they repair, and not once have i been down the M6 and not found repairs going on at night, and traffic down to 1 or 2 lanes.
So, with all these courses that you have done etc, and the 4 yrs you have been driving, you still havnt learnt anything??
No doubt you will end up like the last 21 yr old around here who though his car was the bees knees (hes rather dead) as fun you can have but trying to race everying is stupidity.
Your car shines too much for you and flatters your driving (even flatters my driving) and your still VERY inexperienced, courses or no (as you seem to have taken no notice of them) you will kill yourself and someone else if you think your gods gift and have the fastest car out there (as nothing touched you ) but you can just ask a paramedic/fireman or policeman what its like to scrape someone off the road, you could be one of them

Tony

Quick Reply: Cat and mouse on the motorway