Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

STi8 big delays on ppp, wheels, sills .......

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2003, 11:50 AM
Dave-Battle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

There have already been postings about the delays with the PPP kit but, with my STi8 sitting at my local dealer and me being desperate to get my hands on it, I discover that there are also long delays on the FF7 wheels. These were ordered weeks ago and I understand they are going to be "at least" another 2 weeks. As I arranged a trade-in of the standard wheels for the Prodrive set, the dealer is understandably not keen for me to be driving around on the old set.

Also, no one seems to know quite when the PPP kit will arrive although I'm told it's now the downpipe rather than the ECU which is causing the delay.

The STi stainless sill trims have been on back order for months and there is no foreseeable delivery date.

Anyone else experiencing these problems or know when any of these things are likely to arrive?

Cheers

Dave
Old 24 June 2003, 12:05 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

Not being funny & I know the dealer is doing a wheel trade in but if Subaru / Prodrive can't supply on time surely if you want the car you should have it. Have you tried emailing Mike Wood for his thoughts? When I was told that my PPP (STI8) was 2/3 weeks away and my 1k service was due the follwing qweek (i had arranged for the PPP to go on then) a mail to Mike Wood who came straight back with there is no current supply problems and a call from the dealer to their PPP source of supply and the kit turned up for the 1k service .

Give it a try, nothing to loose.

cheers simon

Old 24 June 2003, 12:30 PM
smellyvag
Scooby Regular

Talking

Dave,

I was told 3 weeks for the PPP kit to arrive for my STi7 (exactly the same kit for Sti8 i beleive) but it turned up a week later.

Your dealer is most likely being cautious, because if he tells you 1 week and it takes 3 weeks, just how would you feel then.

Get the car and drive it for 3 weeks, that way you will notice the difference when it arrives.

Good luck
Smelly
Old 24 June 2003, 02:16 PM
Dave-Battle
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys, I'll email Mike Wood. I have tried phoning both Prodrive and Subaru Parts Division but each refers you back to the other and neither seem to want to handle enquiries from the end customer. Does anyone have Mike's email?

I'm not too concerned about the delay on the Performance Pack given that I've got the 1000 miles to do but it would be nice to have the wheels! On a positive note the dealer has suggested that he puts an "old" set of STi wheels on (although only 100 or so miles already classified as 2nd hand therefore no £ loss to them) to tide me over. So, once the PDI's complete, it's mine!

Dave
Old 24 June 2003, 02:27 PM
Andrewza
Scooby Regular

I've just ordered a PPP for my STi8 and been told there's a 5-6 week wait...
Old 24 June 2003, 03:39 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

Dave

edited to remove email address (good point Richard, was only trying to helo thou )

cheers simon

[Edited by simo - 6/24/2003 8:45:46 PM]
Old 24 June 2003, 03:42 PM
revitt
Scooby Regular

Cool

Just picked up my STI 8 with silver FF7 wheels. They were ordered just before I went on holiday 2 weeks ago and are on the car so there can't be too much of a delay.

They look awesome, I glad I didn't put the OZ wheels on as I think they look dated in comparison.
Old 24 June 2003, 03:52 PM
Re-Bitten Hero
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Hi Simon,

Just a thought - might be an idea to take it easy with Mike's e-mail address (i.e. don't post it all over the place!) - we're extremely lucky that he and the couple of other Prodrive guys on here take their time to help us. If Mike gets 100 e-mails from people ordering stuff through their dealer in the next few weeks, he might (understandably) become less willing to help in the future.

Better to post something on here with "Attention: Mike Wood" or something in the title . That way he will help if he can, and everyone benefits from the answer...

Just a thought .

Good luck getting it all sorted!

Cheers
Richard

[Edited by Re-Bitten Hero - 6/24/2003 3:53:26 PM]
Old 24 June 2003, 04:17 PM
Dave-Battle
Scooby Regular

Simon,

Thanks, email on it's way and Revitt, you're making me jealous. Still, I suppose that it's a bit like the running in oil only I'll be using running in tyres.

I managed to speak to Subaru Parts Dept this afternoon and the chap there, John, was actually very helpful. He says that there's been a big demand recently for FF7's and unless your dealer has them in stock they don't expect any more until mid-July at the earliest. He couldn't give me update on the Performance Pack but has given me a number to call. I'll let you know if I get any news.
Old 24 June 2003, 05:32 PM
towzer
Scooby Regular

Have you tried JW Racing for the wheels? He does them a bit cheaper than the dealerships, less than £2K including PZeros IIRC.

Phil
Old 24 June 2003, 08:48 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

Phil

the list for wheels & pzero neros' is £1800 on the subaru web site (a bit less than 2k) I paid considerably less than that from my dealer as well so there are deals to be had when buying a 8,PPP & wheels

cheers simon