Can't Wait !! - New WRX !

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2003, 02:14 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

hi !

99% certain I'm picking up my new WRX either today or tomorrow. Initially chose a BMW 318ci but felt like I was missing out on the Scooby too much so now I'm back !

Its a MY01 Impreza WRX in Dark Blue as standard and what I want to know is the mods I can make relatively cheapily ! Preferably, in order of 'necessity' ie, something which will make the car handle better or faster ! If it's cosmetic and performance enhancing at the same time then even better !

I think the first thing to do is to lower the car - what do u think ? I think the car sits fairly high as standard. Or would it be worthwhile selling the standard wheels and changing for some new ones with little money !

Please please help ! I love the Impreza but I'm sure like most cars it can be improved.

Finally, whats the expected MPG I can expect with sensible driving with the odd burst ? [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] The handling on it is brilliant but I've seen various posts in the past with extras I can have done to improve this more.

Can't wait to flash some fellow scoobynetters and show a few others the back end of my machine !

Jai
Old 09 June 2003, 02:19 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

MPG? Try about 250 miles on a tank of Optimax, Mate. That's 13 gallons by the way!
Old 09 June 2003, 02:21 PM
Scooby Brother
Scooby Regular

Jai

De-Cat system is your first mod, then brakes and then Ecutek re-map. A full de-cat (i.e. Scoobysport system will cost about £700 includes the downpipe, centre section and b/box), brakes will cost anything from £400 for discs upto £1500 for a set of AP's and a Ecutek Re-map is approx £700

I get between 20-22 mpg for general driving use.

Get the visa card out and have fun!!!

Old 09 June 2003, 02:29 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

forgot to ask :

what difference will a PPP make and how much will it set me back ? ANy cheaper options ?

thanks !
Old 09 June 2003, 04:21 PM
Daz WRX
Scooby Regular

You can check Prodrives website for the PPP figures, its 1600 and basically decat and ECU remap. You can get both for a lot cheaper just down to you if you want to keep the warranty active.

Definately get at least a BB to hear the boxer how it should sound. Styling wise de tango is the first mod by far, then get rid of those bug eyes.

Daz.