ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Theving toe rags !

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2003, 08:43 PM
Dazza012
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

This mostly applies to those living round Notts/Derby area,but it may happen near you.. on way home from work this morning came off M1 at J25 and onto A52 was pulled over by a couple of traffic cops interested to know why i was out at 3 in the morning, needless to say at 1st i thought some one wanting a race, untill i noticed the bar of lights on top, anyway it appears that a scooby was nicked recently and used in a robberey and they just pulled me over for a routine check, which of course i didn't mind. But the officers told me that they follow the owner home then later at night break in and nick the keys, cos most of the time there kept in the door or the kitchen some where.
so when u lock down ur pride and joy for the night take ur keys to bed, well put them upsatirs in the draw anyway outta the way just in case.
Old 04 June 2003, 10:30 PM
Gooner
Scooby Regular

Don't take the keys to bed, leave them downstairs, somewhere safe and fit a burglar alarm.
At night set the alarm, and anyone attempting to get in will f**k off out of it.
If you have no alarm and they do get in, be assured that they will have your P & J and won't care what happens to you in them getting it.
Sleep tight!
Old 05 June 2003, 08:04 AM
bigJoe
Scooby Regular

Wink

How about ending your trip home with a short detour down some B roads every time

That way you’ll never be followed - well only by the police

Ok just kidding – It’s a serous problem really
Old 05 June 2003, 08:46 AM
LB4
Scooby Regular

Maybe i am over paranoid but i am always aware if anyone is behind me as i get near to home, i have to take a few turns down residential roads and if i am followed after 2 turns i then don't continue straight home.
Its not hard to just be aware of whats happening around you.

Gary
Old 05 June 2003, 08:58 AM
pblakeway
Scooby Regular

To be honest if someone breaks into my house, they can have the keys off the kitchen table and leave. I would prefer that to them coming upstairs looking for them while we sleep..
If all they are after is the car let them have it its not worth risking anything over.
Old 05 June 2003, 09:00 AM
danny-boy
Scooby Regular

Its a sad state of affaris.

But on a lighter note of being paranoid about being followed, I was followed from Newbury to my home (Poole), thats a good 80 miles, I was cacking by the time we got to the end of my street, I was trying to remember all my actions in case i'd cut him up and he was coming to kick my ***, so I drove past my turning and he turns into my road, so I drive down the road a bit and then turn around and come back, its only my bloody neighbours Dad who has come down to visit. LOL!

Cheers

Dan
Old 05 June 2003, 09:30 AM
Cheeky Jim
Scooby Regular

It is sad but true - a friend's neighbour up here in Yorkshire, was woken up last Thursday at 4.30am with the sound of the front door being kicked in. What's more scary is

1) The door is a proper wooden external door - pretty tough and
they kicked the bottom panels in.
2) There were 3 of them.
3) It's 4.30am and it's broad daylight at that time.

The police said they were after his car keys, he has a Merc CLK 230 Konpressor - it's not even a new one either. He managed to disturb them and they ran off with his laptop and that was it.

So - don't think it won't or can't happen - unfortunately, security is our own responsibility in these times.

Stay safe.

Jim
Old 05 June 2003, 09:49 AM
matt5cott
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the heads up Dazza, I drive a real s*** box round at the mo, getting a "decent" car next month, will keep my eyes pealed...
Old 05 June 2003, 09:55 AM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

there was an attempted carjack sometime last year in the Nottingham area as well.
And Costco in derby was ram raided a few months back and the get away vehicles were a Scooby and an EVO.
Old 05 June 2003, 11:38 AM
jimr
Scooby Regular

A mate of mine who lives up in Yorkshire, went to bed one night and some little thieving little pykies used a 12 ft piece of garden cane, feed it through the letter box and hooked his car keys off the sideboard and took off in his RS4. lucky enough he'd had a tracker fitted and the five-0 found it the next morning. But from what people have said on this subject so far I do think it's a good idea not to keep your keys down stairs.
Old 05 June 2003, 12:13 PM
wrrjones
Scooby Regular

i have a rather large dog as an alarm if they want to come in they are welcom the dog will love em as it sleeps in the hallway........................ chris