ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Classic Or BugEye with PPP

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2003, 09:17 PM
JonnyStell@
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Thought I would post this as I'm looking at a MY01 bug eye WRX with PPP tomorrow to replace my MY00 classic.

Any thoughts on the main differences between the 2.

My classic had blitz induction and DV and was very quick, I drove a MY01 WRX on sunday, didnt really like the sensitive steering and ride as much as the classic. I guess with PPP fitted the bug eye will make up for any weaknesses the classic had. Im to believe its had the suspension and lights done and its good for 245 bhp.

Will go for test drive tomorrow and give you my opinion.

What else is included in the PPP?

Any thoughts on

Old 03 June 2003, 09:22 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

Smile

re mapped ECU
re routed oil cooler ducting
decatted centre section and stainless Prodrive back box.
Choosing between the two all depends on what your prorities are mate.
Old 03 June 2003, 09:25 PM
met
Scooby Regular

had a classic then a bugeye then a classic, the two cars are should really be treated a genuinly different car & driving experience altogether, i dont want to open a can of worms for the classic v bugeye arguement they are both capable & superb looking imho, however it depends what you really want from your car, if your budget is around the 14k mark then you'l be looking at a mildly modded wrx poss a dutch import, after owning a farily heavily modded bugeye i would never own another not even an sti7 i'm afraid it just did not do it for me as a driver car, if you really want to own an impreza for all the reasons your heart tells yout to then it has got to be an RB5 or stretch to about 18k for a P1, if you are buying with your head then the bugeye is the better choice as an all round package, horses for courses etc. after owning both the classic is the impreza for me. nice predicament though mate enjoy the decsision
Old 03 June 2003, 09:44 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

I personally would stick with the MY00! the 01+ WRX is nice and more refined and is equally as good performance wise but I prefer the 99/2K version. As you already have an MY00 then with the money burning a hole in your pocket why not spend it on modding or upgrading the car you already have, there is more to life than the PPP! most MY00 cars are out of or nearly out of warrenty so there really is no need to PPP it just to stay in warrenty so why not buy the other performance bits on the market as and when you can afford them which will ultimately blow away a PPPd car anyway. Personaly I would not waste my money on a PPP.

Just my 2p worth
Old 04 June 2003, 12:13 AM
trugoy
Scooby Regular

Dear old Spenny, you mash your beatiful car and want advise, you know how the classic feels, even with suspension mods, you drove mine, what you should do is buy another classic (you know you prefer it's curves), not silver so we don't look so bad in Bolton and take a trip to TSL with a few grand in your skyrocket, get the right nips and tweaks and we'll have that test of spirit that is so long overdue!!!! A bugeye 2001 with headlamp convertion sounds ok though, let me know how it goes.
Old 04 June 2003, 02:43 AM
JonnyStell@
Scooby Regular

Cheers Phil, thought you might have something to say on the subject. Your right I do love the classic to much to mention, but unless I can find the right one I will have a brief look at the bug eye. A P1 is on offer aswell, now that would be awesome!!! But alot more expensive.

I will have a go in both, I will let you know what I think tomorrow.

Jonny.......

This is how my classic now looks:

Tears I know, but it wasnt my fault.....

Some tw@t in an MX5 didnt want to let me past, he will pay the price for writing off my pride and joy. I hope he is suffering!!
Thank god the scoob is one of the safest cars on the road, its a prime example of smashing into someone at 70mph, and jumping out of the car alive...What a fabulous car it is...
Old 04 June 2003, 02:48 AM
JonnyStell@
Scooby Regular

Angry

Old 04 June 2003, 10:14 PM
JonnyStell@
Scooby Regular

Drove the MY01 with PPP. Was impressed so much I bought it!!

Similar power to classic, more torque though and a nice sweet sounding exhaust note. Looks diamond in black with headlamp conversion, handles really well, chassis feels alot stiffer than on classic and is very smooth. It kinda feels more refined in both handling and through the gears. Back end is still ugly but i can live with that.