ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2003, 07:26 PM
rb5tfh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Does anybody else have recurring problems or irritations that always disappear just before you're about to go to the dealer? A few weeks ago I complained about a chirruping noise from the engine bay and lo and behold it disappears the day its due to be looked at. Later, my AWD seemed to be playing up . . . the front wheels never seeming to have any power and the steering felt really light (lock to lock with one finger?). Booked it in for Thursday this week. Lo and behold on the way to work this morning, there was a huge judder and the front right wheel felt fine. the steering improved slightly but still felt loose when turning left. The left wheel felt sloppy and without grip compared with the right. A bit further down the road, another judder and the left wheel was fine too. Now I have to phone my dealer and tell them that my "dangerous fault" doesn't exist anymore. I am a bit concerned though that if it can come back just like that, it could go just as easily . . . hopefully not when I am relying on it on a tight bend though.
Old 03 June 2003, 08:29 PM
korky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would still take it in - just in case!

Korky