Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New car!

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2003, 06:56 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am buying mine from Tri dangle because I couldnt get one before September from any more local dealers. So I have had to shop around. If they are a good garage then I'll take it back there for servicing....
Cheers STEVE..............

[Edited by r32 - 6/3/2003 6:57:20 AM]
Old 06 March 2003, 08:21 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

there's the infamous sidc FAQ although it wont cover the new models as it hasn't been updated for sum time but sum good general info on there
u can always kum a bit south this week for Cov area meet on the 8th if yer desperate to show off
ENJOY
Si

[Edited by scooby_si - 6/3/2003 8:21:42 AM]
Old 28 May 2003, 08:21 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Talking

I should be getting a new STI next week, cant wait, never had a Subaru before, I've been a Golf nut for the last twenty years.
Is there anything I need to know? Particularly running in, new to Scoobynet so any advice would really be appreciated...
Ta STEVE..........
Old 28 May 2003, 08:49 PM
Nick1
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Welcome to scoobynet Steve Good on you for getting a scooby and you will enjoy I have had various cars and my last was an Audi S3 and I much prefer the STI7. The community of Subaru owners is second to none IMHO.
Old 28 May 2003, 09:54 PM
Mikey Ace
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

welcome.... and what a fine choice you have made...

...och - suits you, Sir!!

warm her up - before you thrash her, cool her down after... do this and you will be spared ko'd turbos.. almost be paranoid about it... some people even fit turbo timers to leave the cars running for 2 mins after they stop - lock it and walk away,just to cool the turbo down.

that's about all really... by the way, don't be surprised if you nail a set of pads/discs/tyres and if you're a hooligan a clutch too inside 10K... we did... ho ho ho how we laaaaughed.. all those 'demonstration runs', you see? Now more than ever your entertainment level is directly proportional to the reduction in angle between your right foot and the floor.... oh my god what fun. Keep it safe, take it a bit at a time - and don't forget to recalibrate your senses each time you come home.........

nice one.

Mikey
Old 29 May 2003, 06:31 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice.
Do I need to run the car in? I normally take it easy for (up to 3000 rpm) for the first 500 then gradually increase until full bore at 1000 miles, with the odd burst on the way. Is this ok? I did see that one guy had oil consumption problems, dont want that. Not used to topping oil up.
Also are there any meets and things happening?
Thought with such a big forum I might get a few more responses.......!! Is Triangle at Chesterfield a good garage?
Thanks. STEVE.......
Old 29 May 2003, 08:14 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

yeh, once the 1K service has gone, it's "Fun Time Franky"!!!

The official lines where something like you've said, but I know a couple of dealers who've thrashed theirs from new (no, I didn't buy one!!), and they go like stink (although for how long, nobody knows!)

Enjoy, and welcome to the community - this site (and car) WILL take over your life!!! but it's worth it

Dan
Old 29 May 2003, 08:18 AM
TVR Gary
Scooby Regular

Nothing more than 4000 revs till 1000 miles .....and keep to it mate .... then do with it as you will
Old 29 May 2003, 08:24 AM
Baby Blue
Scooby Regular

Do I need to run the car in?
If it's new, it will need to be run in for 1000 miles, when it gets an oil change.

I normally take it easy for (up to 3000 rpm) for the first 500 then gradually increase until full bore at 1000 miles, with the odd burst on the way. Is this ok?
Not ideally mate, you shouldn't really be taking it above 4k on a regular basis before it has had the above oil change.

Do a search for running in, there have been no end of theads on this subject

Also are there any meets and things happening?
Loads mate assume your from somewhere near Chesterfield then? Check out the midlands forum, we meet regularly, next one is 29 June, I think

Thought with such a big forum I might get a few more responses.......!!
As above, there have been sooooooo many threads on this subject, you will find all you want to know by searching

Is Triangle at Chesterfield a good garage?
Don't know I'm affraid, but if they aren't, you can always go to Beechdale in Nottingham or Derby

BB
Old 02 June 2003, 10:38 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Many many thanks to all those with advice. I should pick the car up on thursday and really cant wait.
I live near Ashby/Coalville area, so am up for the meets.
I did notice on the Golf forums that three quarters of the topics are moans about the Cars, the Dealers and poor service, but that doesnt seem to be the case here. I have just had my money refunded on an R32 due to paint problems. So thought it time to leave VW behind (after 20 plus years) and try something entirely different.
See you all soon, Steve.........
Old 02 June 2003, 11:11 PM
forest172
Scooby Regular

Got my car from Triangle of Chesterfield, it`s the second STI8 I`ve had from their in 3 months. The wife wrote the other off.

How come your buying from their if you live in Coalville?
Old 03 June 2003, 07:17 AM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2
Thumbs up

Welcome aboard ..remember to wave at other Scooby drivers !