Brand New Scoobynetter...

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2003, 11:28 AM
SUB VERT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi everyone

Got to say how impressed I am with your BB. Very friendly indeed you all are. With a bit of luck I will pick up my first scooby in about a week (MY03 WRX) and I can't wait but I have some questions after reading your BB for the past couple of weeks...

There has been some worrying talk about dealers delivering new cars with dodgy geometry and I'm getting paranoid. Should I be?

Also, the MY03 runs on normal unleaded. Should I stick to Optimax and if so why?

Finally, do dealers usually buy registration numbers in batches? If they do I'm wondering whether they will let me choose from a list?

PS - I'm not sure I've done the right thing buying a new one - some of the older ones look fantastic!
Old 18 May 2003, 11:42 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome

If you're worried about the geometry then just keep a close eye on your tyres. If they start wearing un-evenly then have it back to the dealer.
If the MY03 is anything like the older Impreza then SUL or Optimax is the way forward. My car runs alot better at tickover and feels a little more alert.
Either way it makes no difference to running costs as i gained 2 mpg running super, so the extra cost for using it is offset.

Old 18 May 2003, 11:46 AM
SUB VERT
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks Brun

I'd heard about better performance but wasn't sure whether I would notice it myself. But if it increases economy, I might as well give it a go.

Cheers again
Old 18 May 2003, 11:48 AM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

Hi sub,

Had my 03 for 6 weeks with no aparent signs of the set-up being out.
Tyre wear seams to be pretty even.

Have to agree with brun regards to optimax, I'M waiting on my ppp being fitted and have been told that optimax/sul is a must to gain the max performance.

Hi again Brun.
Old 18 May 2003, 11:49 AM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

There has been some worrying talk about dealers delivering new cars with dodgy geometry and I'm getting paranoid. Should I be?
They are normally within a tolerance its just that the tolerances are wide so a geometry set would help but I would run it in and see how you go for a few thousand miles.

Also, the MY03 runs on normal unleaded. Should I stick to Optimax and if so why?
They have an adaptive ECU which senses the fuel you use and advances and retards the ignition accordingly. Higher RON, more advance, more power. I would put Optimax in if I were you.

Finally, do dealers usually buy registration numbers in batches? If they do I'm wondering whether they will let me choose from a list?
Depends on the dealer size and the number of new cars they sell a lot do though.

You can, of course, get a private plate for as little as £250 all in off the DVLA

www.dvla-som.co.uk

PS - I'm not sure I've done the right thing buying a new one - some of the older ones look fantastic!
No comment, as I am a classic shape impreza driver
Old 18 May 2003, 11:55 AM
SUB VERT
Scooby Regular

Yep - Optimax it is then.

I hadn't planned on going for the PPP at first because I thought the performance on the standard demo was fantastic. However, I know from experience that you do get accustomed to performance so I'm thinking of having it done a few months down the line.

Judging from 90% of the posts on here though, this might be the beginning of the slippery mod slope!!
AdrianB
Scooby Regular

I have W2 WRX on retention if you are interested. I'm not selling really but could be persuaded at the right money.
SUB VERT
Scooby Regular

chrisp

thanks

nuff said!
Old 18 May 2003, 12:17 PM
Little Miss WRX

Cool

Welcome to Scoobynet.
Old 18 May 2003, 05:33 PM
yoza
BANNED

See you flying around,West Kirby,Thurstaston,or Parkgate then,you will know its me 01WRX with silly spoiler extentions,and an even sillier plate

Later Yoza
Old 19 May 2003, 07:08 AM
Davestamf
Scooby Regular

Sub Vert

Since you're new here, you will have missed a series of posts regarding problems with the PPP upgrade, which has evidently been admitted by Prodrive. Like me, it may be best to wait a little longer to hear if they find a cure. Blip has vowed to keep is informed on these pages.
Old 19 May 2003, 11:28 PM
SUB VERT
Scooby Regular

Smile

yoza

I'll be looking out for you!

Dave

I was going to wait a while before I PPP'd it anyway but I'll definitely wait now and see what develops. Thanks for the info!

Thanks all

What a great welcome!

SUB