ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Anyone used Spring Park motors.....

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2000, 01:41 PM
JamesS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

.....in West Wickham before. Any feedback good / bad?

I`ve booked my car in for the BIG one; 45K service.....have always used Lancaster Sevenoaks - excellent service but 80quid more expensive!
Old 13 March 2000, 11:58 PM
lee_m
Scooby Regular

Not yet. In for 1st annual & body this Saturday so I'll let you know how I get on. Hopefully better than B&C and yep they've gotta be cheaper than Lancaster.

Lee
Old 14 March 2000, 08:53 AM
JamesS
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Lee_m,

Top man! I appreciate any feedback....as for Lancaster I`m glad I`m not the only one who thinks they charge over the odds......!
Old 14 March 2000, 01:55 PM
SteveC
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

I've used Spring Park for 2 years+, and they've been v.good. They're a smallish, family-run firm who have always been enthusiastic about the cars and very helpful to me. They made a good job of my warranty short engine (again, most helpful in getting it sorted, particularly since I didn't buy the car from them), and also of my Prodrive suspension installation - happy to fine tune the geometry to suit me (and I'm an obsessional perfectionist!).

I've no connection with them except as a customer, and I'm happy to recommend them.

Steve.
Old 15 March 2000, 09:00 AM
JamesS
Scooby Regular

Talking

Steve,

Thanks for the info - thats made me feel a bit better. The 45K, as your short engine, involves the cam belts and I believe its easy to re-fit incorrectly (timing wise)......

Any more comments from anyone?
Old 18 March 2000, 10:56 PM
lee_m
Scooby Regular

James S

True to my word here's my experience with Spring Park Motors.

I booked in well in advance (like most dealers this is probably wise). They were ready for me, polite & courteous.

Get this, car was completed when they said it would be (in fact 1/2 hour earlier) and for the price they quoted over the phone!

I am pleasantly surprised to pay what I had been quoted (£226 all in for 15K & body). I normally expect a host of "consumables" and extras to bump up the price.

In the event, my car is woefully under-used (6.5K miles) and garaged so I would worry if extra work was required!

Anyway, I'll be going back again instead of Lancaster & B&C.

Oh - they don't wash the car or clean interior. So maybe that's where the extra for Lancaster goes????

SPM is MUCH closer for me anyhow.

Hope you're 45K goes as smoothly!

Lee

Old 19 March 2000, 12:03 AM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Angry

A friend of mine had purchased a MY99 from Spring Park and has several annoying rattles & some electrical faults and Spring Park have consistently fobbed him off ever since and failed to sort anything.

Oh well, i put B&C and Spring Park in the same dustbin. I much prefer Cheam Subaru.
Old 19 March 2000, 05:24 AM
Darren Soothill
Scooby Regular

Intersting comments about Spring Park I had my car serviced there once although that was some time ago and they where not very curteous too me and the sales staff tried to tell me that there would be more than enough performance from a sport and I didnt want a Turbo when I was looking to get my original 97 car.

When I had a UK car I found Cheam motors to be much better friendlier and able to do services whilst you wait.

I should qualify this by saying that this was some time ago.

Darren
Old 19 March 2000, 07:08 AM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

When I had my STI IV, SGT In Taplow did my 22.5k for £90 all in, did a good job in the time and to cost stated allso very courtious and helpfull.
Old 19 March 2000, 10:08 PM
Danny Fisher
Scooby Regular

I meant to do this two weeks ago, but been a little busy (even working weekends, Doh) I had my MY97 serviced by Cheam and when I returned to pick it up they appologised. I thought what wrong... They was sorry about not CLEANING the bloody thing nothing else.

The guys on the service desk was very polite and willing to spend time having a chat about different problems. I would recommend these people to anybody.

Dan
Old 20 March 2000, 08:50 AM
sonu
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I had my car serviced there on Saturday and they were polite and punctual.

I saved £50 by using them over Lancaster 7Oakes. £50 extra seems a lot for washing the car.

Thanks

Sonu
Old 20 March 2000, 02:33 PM
Graeme
Scooby Regular

I bought my MY97 and have had it serviced by Spring Park. I also had the turbo wastegate done under warranty (no problem) and the Cobra alarm reset for free because it was too sensitive. I have found them very helpful and courteous, although they may come across a bit snooty at first (until you buy something!). My last service was the 45K one (cost £380). They don't wash or valet the car though, which I think is a shame when you've just spent that amount of money.

They are also very genuine dealers. On my last service I asked for the tracking on my wheels to be checked and reset, but when I picked up the car they apologised because they hadn't had enough time to do it. It would have been easy to have said they'd done it and charged me for it - I doubt I would have been any wiser.

I've heard very good stuff about Cheam Motors as well but the reason I use Spring Park in preference is because I live 5 minutes away. When I had the alarm re-set they were happy to deliver the car back to my home while I was at work, which I regard as top quality customer service.

Graeme

[This message has been edited by Graeme (edited 20-03-2000).]