ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Smoking jacket on.....

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2003, 01:49 PM
Wilster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

To those who like the odd tab in their Scoob, when you ash out the winder does much of it go into the back? If you drop the burning butt out when the window is adjar say at about 40mph might it fly back into the car and torch the back seat? Has anyone had this happen? I always release over the roof just in case. Once, in my Focus I hit the back seat, and another time it landed on my collar...then went down my back Oucheeeeeeee!
Old 25 April 2003, 01:55 PM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

A pub i used to frequent some years back, a guy there flicked his ciggie out the window, it come back in landed on the backseat, car had had a petrol leak that he couldnt of been aware of, BANG !!! needless to say, smoking killed him. nice bloke too.
Old 25 April 2003, 02:51 PM
GU5
Scooby Regular

Doesn't your car have an ash tray then?
Old 25 April 2003, 04:30 PM
Vtec virgin
Scooby Newbie

Dont want to seem like an old fart, but i hope you look right before you chuck the cig. but out the window.....

I've had two land in my visor from people just chucking them out the window and not looking, it hurts.... a lot & not least is fekking dangerous as said biker loses concentration whilst they try to fish the fekker of there face.

But yeah my dad also has about five burns on hi back seat from the same thing !!

Keep it kool,

Phill
Old 25 April 2003, 05:15 PM
Mungo
Scooby Regular

Angry

What is wrong with using the ashtray and emptying that out in the bin at home rather than chucking them on the street for someone else to clear up?
Old 25 April 2003, 05:26 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

I had a mate killed at Uni when someone chucked a ciggie out and it went through a gap in his visor.. he left the road and hit a tree - (un)fortunately he was killed instantly

I launched a ciggie out of my old VeeDub Golf once, about 30secs later I had a searing pain on my shoulder - it had burnt through the harness pad and a hundred quid Ted Baker shirt

I'm a bit more careful now!!
Old 25 April 2003, 05:54 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

I'm a smoker myself but never use the ashtray (cos that's where the Snooper S6-R lives now ) I find that if you open the window any more than about 50mm the ash flies back in. I try not to smoke at high speeds on the motorway obviously, but I've never had a tab end fly back into the cabin yet - though I did drop one and burnt a hole through my floormat - doh !
The most amusing cigarette incident I can recall was when I was working as a labourer on a building site in my yoof. I was six floors up and flicked a tab end off the scaffolding. It went straight through a guy's sunroof below and straight down the collar of his shirt.

Old 25 April 2003, 06:44 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Me and my missus went on our hols last July in some very hot weather. All the windows we're down and the tunes were up
We both smoke so there was one or two smoked that morning in the car.
It was only two days later when i moved some stuff off the back seat when i found four holes, complete with four menthol tab ends. With me being a B&H smoker, there was only one person to blame.
You should have seen the terror on her face
I blame it on the fact she chucks like a girl
Anyway Grade A sorted me out with a new rear seat and guess who paid???????????

Me
Old 25 April 2003, 08:55 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

A person I know is a Biker. He was heading towards traffic when some horace chucks out his ciggy, lands in the leathers of the biker, he turns his bike round, cycles past said car and drops the still alight butt back through the window.
Old 25 April 2003, 09:21 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Angry

LOL @ Sith

Thats what should happen to all who chuck the butts out of the window

How would you like a load of butts on you doorstep I think not
just have a think b4 you lob it out the window.

Anyway I thought it was against the law to bung them out the window?
Old 26 April 2003, 10:39 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

We bikers really love guys like you! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 26 April 2003, 03:28 PM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

People who do this really annoy me.

Most of you wouldnt consider throwing an empty crisp-packet out the window would you? Yet it is ok to throw half a dozen ***-butts out the window on a journey is it?

hmm.
Old 26 April 2003, 04:25 PM
Dunc20
Scooby Regular

Angry

It should be a illegal to smoke when you drive and all the people who throw *** butts out their windows are c*nts!!!!

Dunc.
Old 26 April 2003, 04:43 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

yeah, it's just littering. don't do it FFS!!!

just keep them in the ashtray (what it is for - duh!) and empty them out at home.
Old 26 April 2003, 05:38 PM
WISHING
Scooby Regular

Be careful whos behind you when you next throw out your dog ends cos if they hit my car or me when im on the bike i will wait for you to stop at the next junction i will then get out and smash ya face in !

Been there done it and will do it again !!!
Old 26 April 2003, 05:42 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Unhappy

one of my pet hates is smokers who throw *** out of window, esp over roof, as it means it going to come in my direction. Cant think of many things that are as rude as doing that. Have some brains and use your ashtray in car if you really have to smoke when driving (IMHO which is very dangerous)
Old 26 April 2003, 05:51 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

God almighty calm down you lot,want a ***?

Butts out the window (do check behind though),sod using the ash tray,the car stinks enough as it is!

SEE,JESUS LOVES TO SEE THEM BUTTS GO OUT
Old 26 April 2003, 06:46 PM
Scooby_Loo
Scooby Regular

Cool

We were on the dales run earlier this year, I went to flick me cig out the window and it flew back in and landed somewhere in the back. I turned round and hung over the seat to try and find it whilst cursing all sorts of ungodly words under my breath. I eventually found it, disposed of it, turned round and sat down again, only to realise that when Rik in his Lotus looked in his rear view mirror he would have had an excellent view of my backside .

(I was sat in the passenger side of course )

I have also put two small burns on one of the door panels (which happened to be on the same day as my moonie), CEL wasnt impressed , but its not my fault, do you know how hard it is to navigate, drink a can of coke and smoke a *** all at the same time as taking corners at ridiculous speeds???

Old 26 April 2003, 07:28 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

Angry

there are laws against littering but they arent enforced. what pisses me off is when you see coucil workers doing it! cos they have to come back later and clean it up anyway so why not save them selves some time! lazy *******s.
Old 26 April 2003, 07:45 PM
Scooby_Loo
Scooby Regular

I can actually see where you all are coming from, I hate to see folk chucking away their wrappers, half eaten bits of food etc on the ground. I have never really thought chucking away *** ends is like that. And your right, I wouldn't like them all over my doorstep. The authorities should take more notice of litter bugs, prosecute them and use them as examples. Then maybe people will think twice about about chucking their sh!te on the ground and facing a £2000 fine.
Old 27 April 2003, 09:23 AM
me julie
Scooby Regular

BOING

CORNER

now where did that *** go