New Believer -

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2003, 01:27 PM
ste7euk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hi,

I am thinking of getting a MY03 Impreza Wagon with a PPP conversion. I have a test drive booked at the weekend. I can’t wait!
The reason for this post is to basically get some feed back from other Impreza Wagon drivers and ask for their initial opinion on the car?
Things I should ask the dealer? Any good freebees I should be angling for if I place an order? How much can I expect to pay for servicing? What's is the true everyday Miles per gallon?

So many questions, sorry I am a bit excited!
Thanks

Great Forum by the way…
Old 17 April 2003, 01:31 PM
St Andy
Scooby Regular

Superb performance and reliability, what more can I say! Go for it mate you'll be well chuffed.

Can't really tell you much to look for because nothing's ever gone wrong with my car.
Old 17 April 2003, 01:47 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I'd be interested in what you think of the PPP 03 wagon, as there isn't an STi8 wagon. If you're impressed, just do it - very few people have serious issues with their Scoobs. Realistic mpg is 25. Big services around £600, interims about £400, tiddlers about £200.
Old 17 April 2003, 01:48 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Got an MY02 wagon - great car, looks good (with Morettes ), goes well - PPP even better.

Excellent handling and grip, surprisingly comfortable on long journeys, good motorway cruiser (although that's not the reason for buying it!)

Economy - err..... Next question
Old 17 April 2003, 02:09 PM
met
Scooby Regular

theres a write up in this months evo mag, give it 5stars too!
Old 17 April 2003, 02:22 PM
blip
Scooby Regular

Had my MY03 WRX wagon with PPP for about three weeks now, up to about 1300 miles so far. It's the first Impreza I have owned (previously had a 306 gti-6 which I loved). Basically this is the most awesome car I have ever driven!!! I'm 34 now so I've driven a few.

I used to dream about Integrales when I was younger, and then moved on to wanting a Scoob. I started researching them over a year ago, came onto ScoobyNet, very nearly bought a classic and then didn't, and finally made the decision to do it this year after seeing, test driving and reading up on the MY03 - oh and deciding you only live once and should just do these things.

Best decision I ever made - at least that's how I feel after three weeks of ownership. Hopefully that feeling won't change.

Bearing in mind that I am still taking it a bit steady until she's loosened up a bit more, it is simply incredible how easy it is to dial up huge cross-country pace, without breaking a sweat. It manages to combine stunning grip/traction/speed with real composure and refinement.

My 306 had an incredible chassis, with great poise and handling and I was genuinely worried that I wouldn't notice enough of a difference with the WRX to justify the extra expense, BUT this thing just soaks up the worst our roads can serve up with utter confidence.

As a newbie to scoob ownership I know that I have much to learn and I know it will take me a while to get properly dialled into the performance, but the feeling you get the first time you put your foot down and it hooks up off a tight bend or roundabout is simply fantastic. Serious grin factor.

I got a good deal from my dealer, he lopped a bit off the basic price and threw in proper WRX mats too. I had the side sills colour coded and opted for the side protection strips too (also colour coded) to prevent inevitable car park dings. I think the car looks great now.

I also had the proper detachable Subaru towbar fitted (for towing the jetski ) which is really smart and discreet.

Had a problem getting the Tracker activated after collecting the car, but this was just down to a ***** up rather than anything technical.

Only other gripe is a slight buzz around the NSR door and an occasional rattle in the dash, both of which will get sorted soon.

Only had the PPP on the car since the 1000 mile service, so am still easing it in a bit, but it is soooo fast now. Deceptively so! I think more than anything that's the thing I notice with the WRX is that I keep checking the speedo to know how fast I'm shifting as the speed just seems to build rapidly with no effort, drama or fuss. Incredible!!!!!!! I'm even learning to deal with the bazooka-size exhaust too It sounds the business, not intrusive just mean and purposeful.

All I want to do at the moment is go out driving all the time. If I was you I'd be excited too. You'll love it
Old 17 April 2003, 02:38 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Blip - You happy with it then..

Trending Topics

Old 17 April 2003, 03:30 PM
blip
Scooby Regular

It's alright
Old 17 April 2003, 04:37 PM
ste7euk
Scooby Regular

thanks to all for your replys,

Blip: you have just made my day.........