Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2000, 01:56 PM
BladeRnnr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

WEBMASTER AND ALL.........

I propose that a meet take place from sea to shining sea

(well Blackpool to Scarboro actually!!......it being a central line for most of the u.k.) with one sole purpose that of collecting money for a worthy charity.....also this meet should gain maximum exposure from the press ,say by having civic and charity leaders at departure and arrival points(local and national)to highlight that motorists are not as bad as made out(by Hm Govt. and environmentalists).

Owing to press exposure it should be strictly layed down that the loud pedal should not be engaged in 'Millenium Falcon' type use....Sorry but thats what its got to be.
On a note about route well after the first 10 -20 miles this should diversify into 3 routes with a proposed meeting point......say at the top of whitstone cliffe north yorks (excellent views) for a brief BBQ before arrival in Scarboro.

If this proposal be agreed upon.....
(now doing best o.antonio samaranche impersonation)

I CALL UPON ALL SCOOBYNEERS TO GATHER IN THE NAME OF CHARITY AT BLACKPOOL ,LANCS AT A TIME TO BE DECIDED FOR THE PURPOSE OF HELPING THE LESS FORTUNATE.......

OHH .....forgot one thing.......

codename...............

C A N N O N B A L L .
Old 01 October 2000, 05:55 PM
Mojo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

What a great idea!
MTR fancy planning the route? You appear to be a resident Northern expert in these things. Chance to get yer Dad to take you to the seaside too .

Like you say not too much load pedal, a chance to meet more ScoobyNet users and do a little for charity.

Count me in.

How about in the new year? May take some organising and you need to give plenty of notice to ensure maximum turn out and sponsership.

Cheers

Mojo
Old 01 October 2000, 08:54 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Great idea Mike

Old 01 October 2000, 11:51 PM
Mr Leigh
Scooby Regular

Ball, Cannonball Yeeehhaa. 25 pounds on me to win
Old 03 October 2000, 07:13 PM
BladeRnnr
Scooby Regular

Cool

How about £25 NOT TO RACE.............

its about......... CHARITY

Ta.
m.
but we can use the name to Gain interest.....

Besides the proper cannonball has One rule....

THAT SPEED LIMITS ARE STUCK TO LIKE GLUE.....AND THE PROPER WINNER IS NOT THE FASTEST BUT THE ONE WHO COMPLETES THE ROUTE IN THE CORRECT TIME.......I.E. THE TIME IT SHOULD TAKE WHEN ADHERING TO THE SPEED LIMITS.
Old 03 October 2000, 11:20 PM
Steve Lawson
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

If you were to end up in Scarborough you could do paid rides round Oliver's Mount.Remember going to watch some bike racing there once absolutely awesome.Maybe a bit tight for a car tho.

Regards

Steve

[This message has been edited by Steve Lawson (edited 03 October 2000).]
Old 04 October 2000, 06:53 AM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Question

This is just an idea but what if everyone was to start off with a full/half tank of petrol and see the farthest you could travel without filling up?

There could be prizes for travelling the farthest, also for guessing the closest to what distance would be achieved.

All the drivers and co-drivers could be sponsored for the amount of miles that they could possibly travel.

As an incentive to take part or to sponsor an individual/team there could be various prizes offered for the following

The team of drivers who complete the most miles.

The team who estimates the closest to what mileage they will travel.

The sponsor who is closet in there estimate to there team's distance actually travelled.

The team that get's the most sponsorship.

As this would be a distance travelled rather than speed of completion event there would be no incentive to boot it!

If the Scoobyaid event was run over a weekend you could have the distance competition taking place on the Saturday with all the relavent prizes being awarded at a reception in the evening, being a ticketed event with a charge for the evening meal and entertainment perhaps, with all the profits going to Scoobyaid and with some high profile names in motorsport attending.

All the winners would be annoucned from the day and would then receive their prize's from a well known figure in the world of motorsport, with some of the prizes being a ride the next day in a car by a top driver.

Do any of you guys know if this would be achievable or is it to ambitious?

Old 04 October 2000, 10:13 AM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sounds good to me.

P.
Old 07 October 2000, 05:16 PM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Another thought on the Cannonball theme.

If everyone who took part was to wear fancy dress lol and with the possibility of looking silly in a Scoob.
I am sure some mags would be interested in a great photo oppertunity and so maybe it would be possible to get some sort of sponsorship of the event to cover the costs of the track/rally stage etc?
Old 08 October 2000, 11:28 AM
Steve_Yeowart
Scooby Regular

Wink

An alternative would beto go to France with an 18 wheeler fill it full of bootleg booze then drive it back to the UK with scoobies running shotgun of course we'd need the obligatory runaway bride and stupid looking slavering dog, see if we can get it back within say 48 hours and trash some police cars on the way!!! Now where have I heard of that before!!!!
Old 08 October 2000, 02:21 PM
BladeRnnr
Scooby Regular

Cool

Steve ........

i got the slavering labrador.......

and will kindly 'have' the runaway bride (as long as she's gorgeous 5'8" long legs etc.)

m.
Old 09 October 2000, 11:00 PM
leigh wicks
Scooby Regular

Sounds very good to me,
count me in for sure
Old 10 October 2000, 06:28 PM
DAVE-W
Scooby Regular

Smile

I'm in-just ordered some of that wash off paint for the scoob and some chrome sidepipes...

LOL

David
Old 31 October 2000, 02:25 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Smile

Any news on this??

Whats happening???

Cheers, Alex