Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Please Help a US member.

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2000, 01:13 AM
NYRS
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm new to this board so please excuse me if i'm in the wrong section. I am looking to install a rear windshield wiper in my MY99. As you all know, there isnt a US model Impreza that comes with this option so i'm searching overseas for any info I can get to install this. I'm aware of most of the parts I will need but I do not know where I can obtain them and i'm probably forgetting alot of the smaller parts to make this work. If anyone can help me out with this or point me in the right direction I would appreciate it very much. Thanks very much. BTW, you guys have a great board here.
Old 14 March 2000, 02:54 AM
Paul Wilson
Scooby Regular

NYRS,
Have you alrady seen the pics I posted to the US board? and do you want a wash as well as a wipe? You don't by any chance know "wac" from the US board do you? as he is coming over this week and could have a close up look at mine for you. I'll try and ask at importers/stockists of Jap cars what parts you will need, but my suggestion would be to just fit the wiper and route it to spare switch plate on the dash, as the stalk swap would be v.complex. If you wanted wash as well just use a timed relay to give you say 2 secs of wash every time you press the switch. Otherwise your looking at major wiring loom stuff, uless the same loom is fitted (do you have any spare plugs in the trink?)
FYI the standard Jap stalk offers
off - switch in neutral position
wiper on - turn one way
wiper on - turn other way
wiper + wash turn further sprung back to on position
Old 14 March 2000, 11:45 PM
NYRS
Scooby Newbie

Paul, Thanks very much for the reply. I wasnt aware that anyone in the US had done this before to there Impreza and I also did not see any pics of it on the US board. I would really like the same setup as the European models including the wash and wipe. I really dont even know where the control for this is located on your models. I am a full time mechanic and I like to think that I am very good at automotive electrical systems so I wouldnt mind the challenge of trying to wire up the correct application. Thanks again for the info and I wouldnt mind some pics or any other info you have if its not too much trouble. BTW, you wouldnt know of any dealers which can get these parts for me would you?
Old 15 March 2000, 12:09 PM
Paul Wilson
Scooby Regular

You might try Graham Goode, the page for grey import parts is