Bit of buying advice, plz

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2003, 08:10 PM
Wrath
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi all,
I just joined this forum, been reading it for a week or so though & alot of my questions have been answered.

Anyhow, i'm just about to stump up the readies for my first Scooby (been a peugeot man for the last 5 years) but am undecided as to which one to get. I have a limit of about 16-17k atm, my choices are:

MY01 WRX (bugeye) from a local garage (8k miles, UK car, mint) £16k
or
MY03 WRX (bugeye) bran new euro import £16.5k local importer cars in stock now.
or
MY03 WRX (Blobeye) bran new euro import £16.5k quite a few months wait though.

Am i best sticking with the UK car although it is a tad more expensive and older, or get one of the euro imports? They say they have 3 year warranty but i'm not sure how that would be implemented by UK dealers and then there is the 2nd hand value of an import? Or am i best stearing clear of euro imports.
Or am i better getting something different than i have listed?

Any buying advice apprechiated!!

Regards,

Andy.
Old 08 January 2003, 08:21 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

There isnt anything wrong with euro imports as alot of people can and will tell you
For the money you would be best buying the MY03 euro import, depending of where you get it from (ie watch out for the car supermarkets as some of the cars they have are from non EU countries and so invalidates your warranty, subaru uk can confirm if you have the chassis number whether or not its EU or non EU).
These cars will all come with a 3 year warranty, the hardest part will be if anything does go wrong with your car as they then have to go back to the country of origin to get subaru xxxx to confirm to subaru uk that work can be carried out.
Apart from the registration of your car to International Motors for servicing requirements etc (they run subaru uk) then there isnt any real difference, especially if you are keeping the car for 3 years or more.

Tony
Old 08 January 2003, 08:32 PM
Vanker
Scooby Regular

MY03 Euro import its brand new it will come with 3 year warrenty & you will love it. The is not that bad honest, had mine nearly a year now & have not regretted it 1 bit.
Old 08 January 2003, 10:16 PM
Turkish1
Scooby Regular

Cool

MY 03 import mate, as said above its the newest, and I think it looks the best IMHO. Wait a little and get one.

Turkish1
Old 09 January 2003, 01:46 AM
Wrath
Scooby Newbie

Cheers for the replys folks. Something more to think about, but looking at the specs again a MY03 blobeye does look the best bet, just unsure about trusting the importers with cash months in advance.

On the topic of Euro importers has anyone had any dealings with the 2 that are mentioned in the Scoobynet shop? (Emperor & Eusacar)
Or know any other good importers you have used?

Regards,

Andy.
Old 09 January 2003, 10:12 AM
glen4
Scooby Regular

Go direct to the dealer, I used Subaru Vilvoorde in brussels (right next to the airport conveniently) to source my 00 MY turbo and would recommend them to anyone. They also happen to be the importer for the Benelux countries, so you can see they are a reputable source. The man to speak to is Ludwig Mahieu, his number is 0032 22547560. This was the number I used, you may find more details on their website www.subaru.be
Old 10 January 2003, 01:02 AM
NicholasO
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Wrath,

I took delivery of MY02 WRX just before Christmas. I used jamjar.com the service was very good.

They used a Dutch Dealer, who I have spoken to several times, he was very good. I can dig out his details if you like?

Turkish1,

Are you driving around the Llanelli area, what are you driving?

Glen4,

Was it much hassle import yourself, what admin did you have to complete?
Old 01 August 2003, 10:21 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Option 1 is way over priced. You can pick them up private for 12k, or for a bit more, you can get a MY00 classic

MB

[Edited by Dark Blue Mark - 1/8/2003 10:27:29 PM]