Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2003, 03:58 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Answer me this, Please

Trackers
Trackstar is GPS only, no radio tracking all tracking done through control room operators.
Tracker Horizon GPS tracking + Radio tracking done by control room but police cars and helicopter can track using radio, especially useful when the car is put into shelter and can’t be picked up via GPS.
Seems to me Tracker Horizon is the best, is this correct or have I missed something?

Zorst
If I put a Magnex back box on for sound and de-cat the centre section will my MY03 WRX pass its mot in three years time?
Should I just stick with the rear box sound and be happy?

Motion Lotion
If I use un-leaded petrol do I need to use a petrol octain booster additive, and will this make it the same as super unleaded
If I use super un-leaded and use an additive will an octain booster make it better in anyway?

Imports
Will imports come into the country before or after UK cars?
Any Ideas where Imprezas are made in Japan or how they get here?

Just wondering if the car I have ordered for end of March early April has been made yet?

Can I buy a mesh guard to stop small birds and animals flying up the turbo scoop on the bonnet
Old 04 January 2003, 05:14 PM
undecided
Scooby Newbie

With regard to TRACKER's, yes you are right, TRACKER Horizon combines the best of both worlds - GPS to aid police in tracking the vehicle to a specific location and the standard radio based functionality if GPS becomes compromised.

I should say at this point that I can't comment on the other product you refer to, but I do have good knowledge of TRACKER and its products as I work for them (but not on the SVRS - Stolen Vehicle Recovery Service bit, I work on the fleet tracking product which is GPS only)
Old 04 January 2003, 07:22 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Undecided: thanks for the reply.
TRACKER Horizon does look a better product BUT
Subaru insurance brokers give a discount through Zurich insurance for RAC Trackstar and also it is fitted as standard on the sti

Still would like any views on RAC Trackstar. Anyone??
---------------------------------------------------
chrisp: thanks for the reply
Motion Lotion, well the figures add up then, so will it make my car go faster, and if so which booster should i buy?

Eur/parallel imports
Mine is a Parallel import from Well Lane Turbo Centre
Promiced for end of April beginning of March
So you think it will be later than they say?

I will be looking out for a mesh cover for my intercooler then!
--------------------------------------------------

Anybody
Zorst
The answer to the question about will it pass the MOT without the centre cat??
Old 04 January 2003, 07:28 PM
Guinness
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Why worry about the zorst now, i would and have ripped all cats off,only time to worry is in 3 years ..Alan
Old 04 January 2003, 07:33 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Guinness: thanks for the reply
I take that as a NO then.
Old 04 January 2003, 07:55 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Red face

chrisp:
Thanks for the definitive answer to Octane boosters.
I have saved and pasted it into my handy things to know about impreza's scrap folder

Sorry to be a dope, but I take it that PPP is a standard of making the car more powerful, does this keep it within the warrantee and is it worth it? (Not really sure what it is)
Old 04 January 2003, 08:27 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

PPP is the prodrive perfromance pack.

Available for UK WRXs and STIs. Developed by prodrive to give the car a bit more noise and performance both torque and bhp. On the WRX its about 1600 and consists of a a remapped ecu, some under bonnet intercooler pipe work and two exhaust sections a decat centre with resonator and a prodrive back box. As for value, it keep the warranty intact and woudl add value to the car come resale. The only doubt I have is that from the other thread you are buying a dutch import and this may sound funny but I arent sure if it affects the warranty as its only Subaru UK which promote the PPP kit and cover warranty claims resulting from it.

Worth checking with Subaru UK the position before purchasing. Also not sure if the MY02 PPP fits an MY03 as the power is upped slightly due to exhaust mods so it may need a different PPP to be developed.

The UK STI also has a PPP which is 2K and includes a hiflow sports cat and different ECU remap.
Old 04 January 2003, 08:39 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

chrisp: thanks for that it is now clear to me now
And obvious what PPP stands for now I know.

Would a garage invalidate the warrantee over a Magnex back box and or centre section, seems a bit harsh if they do.

Or do I whip the old one back on and take it somewhere else if the engine blows up
Old 04 January 2003, 08:56 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

chrisp

I will do that and thanks again.
Old 01 April 2003, 05:02 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Trackers

No Idea think the guy before answered that one

Zorst
Yep you are doing what part of the WRX PPP kit does. Remove teh centre cat. If you keep the cat its easy to refit if you want to.

Motion Lotion
Depends on which booster you use. Some of them will give you 2 octane points plus.

So NUL is 95 + 2 = 97
Most SUL is 97 + 2 = 99

So yes with the right booster with NUL you can get the same RON as most SUL.

If you bang Shells SUL in known as optimax that marketed as 98+ RON and suppose to be around 98.6 RON.

Imports
Will imports come into the country before or after UK cars?
Any Ideas where Imprezas are made in Japan or how they get here?

I assume you mean grey imports not parallel imports.
They all come in by boat UK and import from Japan. The rumour has it the first UK MY03 will arrive at the end of January. Imports will technically be second hand as they must have been registered in Japan but my guess is they will put the car out in their own market first. So yes grey imports will probably appear first followed by full UK spec cars. There might be only a few weeks in it though.

Eur/parallel imports will be delivered tio the coutnry orderign them and then probably come into the Uk via boat or chunnel. I think these will be later on in the year and you may have to wait a little longer for a euro if you ordered on now.

Just wondering if the car I have ordered for end of March early April has been made yet?

It will be part of a batch and allocated by IM when it arrives in the UK.

Can I buy a mesh guard to stop small birds and animals flying up the turbo scoop on the bonnet

Yep think so but you have to be careful not to restrict air flow. Must say I have have 2 imprezas over 4.5 years and never had this happen though. IMHO you are better buying an mesh cover for the intercooler so the fins dont get broken or bent by stones, wasps and bees etc.

[Edited by chrisp - 1/4/2003 6:06:35 PM]
Old 01 April 2003, 06:39 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

chrisp: thanks for the reply
Motion Lotion, well the figures add up then, so will it make my car go faster, and if so which booster should i buy?

Eur/parallel imports
Mine is a Parallel import from Well Lane Turbo Centre
Promiced for end of April beginning of March
So you think it will be later than they say?

I will be looking out for a mesh cover for my intercooler then!
--------------------------------------------------

Anybody
Zorst
The answer to the question about will it pass the MOT without the centre cat??
There are three main players octane booster wise :

Millers Octane plus - can be got from Scoobymania and is cat friendly (NOTE the CVL stuff isnt cat friendly)

Silkolene pro boost - can be got from TSL and Scoobysport (I think) not too sure on cat friendlyness but I think its ok as well (worth checking though)

Nitrous Formula - number of outlets but best talking to CraigH and Dingy (steve) also cat friendly IIRC.

If UK deliveries come through in Jan then April sounds do able for a euro import I would have thought.

A PPP car goes through an MOT without a centre cat so I dont see you having a problem to be honest.

[Edited by chrisp - 1/4/2003 7:41:21 PM]
Old 01 April 2003, 07:43 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

They would be within their rights to invalidate you warranty as you have modified the car. The only grey area is that I remember in my old 1998 Impreza handbook it said parts put on the car must be the same quality or better than original equipment parts. Its worth talking to your local Subaru agent who are going to service your car and get their take on things.

[Edited by chrisp - 1/4/2003 8:45:13 PM]