No future for you

thanks john (lydon that is)

[Edited by jjones - 12/10/2002 3:21:23 PM]
Old 12 October 2002, 03:36 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hear Hear John!

Ian - I know! that's why I posted and asked for clarification of the comment, as it does seem to be a blanket comment aimed at all impreza owners and not just those in the SIDC.

Would be a shame if it was aimed at all of us. As many know, I've not tracked the car (yes, I'm a wuss! ) but if I WAS to do it, there's 2 places I'd choose, Brands Hatch, due it being my local track, or Bedford, as I've been there and seen the excellent track, and in my eyes ideal for newbies. Without clarification of the comment it would seem that I will not be able to track the car at BA, which is a shame.

[Edited by Markus - 12/10/2002 3:40:26 PM]
Old 12 October 2002, 03:54 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

If it is just SIDC, then so be it, I'm sure there's no problem with us using another club/track day organiser for a BA trackday.

If it DOES apply to ALL impreza owners, well, in one fell swoop that has alienated a lot of people, which in my eyes, is not a clever thing to do.

Oh, and anyone know if any other clubs have faced this type of situation at BA? eg; RSOC, GTR, MLR? Just wondering, as I would have thought there would have been a similar vocal outcry from them as well if the same happened.

[Edited by Markus - 12/10/2002 3:55:33 PM]
Old 12 October 2002, 05:36 PM
igratton
Scooby Regular

Jonathan,

I am really disapointed that you have made a decision to not allow SIDC events at your facility in future.

Our Westfield XTR2 has been prepared to be mainly a track car - but with noise limits and emmisions in mind. As it stands are car does actually pass the noise limits clearly outlined in the Questions and Answers section of your informative website. The car has 2 large silencers and a Catalyst in place - they rob the car of power but fortunatly keep us within the noise regulations of your own facility and other tracks throughout the country. I'm sure you also keep a record of all dB readings taken by your staff at such events. I'm sure if you look back through the readings you will see our car is cleanly within your published limits.

We we not allowed on track because you chose to reduce the limits on the day.

Imagine the following hyperthetical scenaro:

1. Craig and I join the RMA to open up access to other restricted tracks within the country (we do lots of trackdays so the discount incentive offered by the RMA makes sense)
2. We book a trackday thru RMA to attend an event at your circuit.
3. We arrive at your facility with our car prepared and silenced in such a way we will pass the noise limits outlined on your site.
4. Your staff then inform atendees that the noise limit has been reduced from the advertised figures for the event
5. Our car fails noise testing and we are sent home.
6. We start a constructive debate with RMA members over what hapens.
7. People post non-relavant information into the discussion that can be easily and obviously disgarded.
8. You think about it for a few days.
9. You get upset
10. You ban the RMA from your facility.

repeat the above steps replacing RMA with any car/track association of your choice until there no more clubs left to ban.

I've attended your motorsport experience and enjoyed it very much, I've attended your trackdays and enjoyed them very much.

Even though your decision is final could please acknowledge you should have given the SIDC notice prior to the event so that people could have at least made an informed decision before wasting time and effort only to be sent home.

I am upset it has come to this.

Ian.

[Edited by igratton - 12/10/2002 5:47:25 PM]
Old 12 October 2002, 06:30 PM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

It's not a competition Mark... just doing a post count in Drivetrain would do it.
LOL. I've never posted in Drivetrain. I never will. When I joined SN, 'Drivetrain' didn't even exist - it's only been around as a forum for 2-3 years. And besides, I know very little about the technical aspects of Imprezas (relative to jf) and don't pretend to. My interest in Imprezas is/was about driving them, not the stuff under the bonnet.

OK, that's a cheap shot... hmmm... yes I remember your pages/website etc, you were here way before me, same for Deano etc. I remember your pic with the red nose etc...
Damn, I hoped everyone had forgotten that pic.
However: I still maintain you are shooting at the wrong target.
Maintain all you like. I wasn't shooting at jf or craig at all, as I've explained - my original comment was aimed at the other more stupid people who've dragged this entire incident to it's current position. But if the cap fits, wear it.
And may I also suggest reading up on European law: no company has any rights whatsoever on refusing customers based on their skin, sexual preferences, or the car they drive in.
Rubbish. That law doesn't count for private clubs/companies (hence the reason male-only golf clubs are not illegal yet, as long as they're private). Palmersport provides a trackday service, and as such can refuse that service to anyone without necessarily giving a reason. Check with a lawyer.

Oh, and edited to say: Palmersport haven't said they are going to ban Imprezas, anyway. They have said they are not going to host future SIDC trackdays. I suggest that before you start accusing me of mis-reading posts, you get your eyes tested yourself.

[Edited by MarkO - 12/10/2002 6:35:57 PM]
Old 12 October 2002, 06:49 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

ironic Poignantly contrary to what was expected or intended

Some names in the threads berating SIDC for Lack of/Cancellation/admission rules with regards to track days appear in the thread which has caused the SIDC to be banned from 1 circuit and will no doubt add to the calls for the SIDC to retire from Trackdays altogether

Now what the hell is a drivetrain - and do I need one

Deano

[Edited by dsmith - 12/10/2002 6:55:06 PM]
Old 12 October 2002, 09:22 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Allright then Mark.
So I got the bit between the SIDC and Palmers all wrong..........I do appologise.
As for the refund........yes I am VERY entitled as I and many others see it.
I HAD NO FECKING CAR YOU NORTHERN MONKEY!!!!
I wonder how you would see it if you had forked out the dosh as I have for **** all.
Suppose you would say its ok as you were supporting the club.
To55er.
Look if I had organised the day a full refund would have been in the post a long time ago.
I even contacted Palmers and told them the scenario and they agreed that it was beyond my control that I could not attend so a full refund would be necessary.
Wish I had got one on the day instead of leaving it to the SIDC to sort.
Still out of pocket.
I just must be stupid to expect it tho I keep forgetting.
If it hadnt been a direct moan from the likes of me and many more the day would not have gone ahead in the first place.
As it was it was a sell out.
So bo11ox.
Dont suppose you even went.

[Edited by ARRON BIRD - 12/10/2002 9:26:50 PM]
Old 12 October 2002, 09:31 PM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Angry

As for the refund........yes I am VERY entitled as I and many others see it. I don't see why. I gather you're probably going to get a refund, but IMO if you can't come to a track day (for any reason) then that's your fault and not the event organisers. If you booked cinema tickets, but couldn't go because you lost your glasses, would you expect a refund?

I HAD NO FECKING CAR YOU NORTHERN MONKEY!!!! See. It's this sad, childish and pathetic attitude that makes you the laughing stock of Scoobynet, and Scoobynet the laughing stock of the performance car community. Oh, and in case you were wondering, I was born in Surrey - I just happen to live in Scotland. So if you're going to insult me, at least try and be accurate, you idiot.

Shouls really ahve turned up on my bike that would have failed the noise test no worries then I would be ok then yeah????? No. You should have bitten the bullet and accepted the loss. Exactly the way I did when I'd booked a space at Brands a couple of years ago but had to go to a funeral.

Look if I had organised the day a full refund would have been in the post a long time ago. Good. Since you're such an expert, I suggest you organise the next track day. Then, when you've paid the track for the places, but people drop out and expect full refunds (despite the fact that you, as the organiser, won't get one yourself) I imagine you'll realise how these things work.

I just must be stupid then. Must resist.....it's just too easy.

If it hadnt been a direct moan from the likes of me and many more the day would not have gone ahead in the first place. Erm, no. If it hadn't been for Lee/Lisa re-negotiating special terms with Palmersport it wouldn't have gone ahead.

Dont suppose you even wet. No (assuming you meant to type 'went). But what, exactly, does that have to do with anything?

[Edited by MarkO - 12/10/2002 9:35:13 PM]
Old 12 October 2002, 09:38 PM
ice man
Scooby Regular

How exactly am I being melodramatic?

Edited cos if I am going to defend myself I should at least spell everything correctly

[Edited by ice man - 12/10/2002 9:41:05 PM]
Old 12 October 2002, 09:42 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

You are not banned from Bedford, the SIDC is.

Why would Oulton ban you? Bedford has lower noise limits.

My understanding of the word means you make a big deal of things - which you appear to have done.

[Edited by davyboy - 12/10/2002 9:44:00 PM]
Old 12 October 2002, 10:05 PM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Cool

RedKop:
MarkO are you just trying to take centre stage here? No. Just enjoying the discussion...

Aaron:
Mark yo are a stereo typical Subaru driver thats if you actually have one and dont just like spending all your hopeless hours typing pathetic comments such as the last post. Whoa - you're the person who started insulting me. Oh, and for the record, I no longer own an Impreza - I had two, for about 6 years, but haven't owned one since the summer. And yes, a small part of the reason I moved away from Imprezas was because I dislike the childish, pathetic max-power type attitude that's associated with them these days.

I actually did still go you muppet. You wernt there so what gives you the right to comment. The fact that my friends (Lee, Lisa, Pete etc) are being attacked left, right and centre for this, and that all their hard work in organising this day has been ruined by the actions of a few pathetic individuals.

The board...........yes thats the members and true enthusiast not pretend Colin McRae`s like yourself I'll pretty much rise above that comment, but suffice to say that there are many people on this board who will confirm that I have been a staunch Impreza enthusiast for nearly 7 years, and have been actively involved in IWOC, SN, the SIDC and the community in general for nearly that long.

PS I could have gone to the cinema a feckin lot for £175 and would have known a lot longer than the day before if I was going to a concert and would have a chance to sell my tickets on. Why didn't you just sell your place on at Bedford then?

****! Takes one to know one.

Its to55ers like Owen that ruin this board. LOL. Me? Mark Owen? I Take That as an insult.

[Edited by MarkO - 12/10/2002 10:07:10 PM]
Old 12 October 2002, 10:27 PM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Smile

Would you please point me to exactly WHO is blaming SIDC for this? Please?
Erm, unless I'm misunderstanding the first post in this thread, Jonathan Palmer is. The actions of the idiots on SN have therefore caused damage to the reputation of the SIDC by a major motorsport event organiser/circuit.
Personally I think the way Bedford has handled this and the onus placed on SIDC is disgusting - and yes I have made this point as well.
I totally agree.
You haven't answered my post about whether you do actually, actively participate in trackdays?
Sorry, didn't see it. But yes, I've attended 3 trackdays as a spectator/passenger. Unfortunately, I've not driven on the track (well, not in the Impreza) - I had 2 SIDC trackdays booked in the summer 2 years ago, but had to cancel because of not one but two funerals (one on each day). I lost my money for one of the days, and managed to sell my place for the other. A third trackday I intended to participate in had to go by the wayside because of work committments (I'm a contractor, so taking the day off for a trackday costs me more in lost earnings than the trackday itself). I also missed the Nov 2000 brands trackday because we moved our wedding to two weeks after it. My intention is to get a proper trackday car (I don't have the STI any more) once we're settled in Scotland (only been there 3 weeks) and then start attending the Knockhill sessions.

I've been closely involved with SIDC since its early days, and personally organised one of the largest early meets (at Chiddingfold). I attended many others, and also contributed heavily to IWOC and the original Scoobynet, and started/ran the Impreza Owners page for 4 years.

But regardless of all that, I fail to see what relevance it has to this discussion.

You weren't there. Pete was only there till about 11. Didn't see Lee or Lisa so how on earth can you constructively comment on what did and didn't go on and what the attitudes of Bedford staff etc were like? and what the reasons were for the day being such a mess. The real reasons that is, not defensive flippant versions. You can't.
I'm not disputing that the rules/regs on the day may have been daft or ill-applied. However, it seems to me that the place for people to complain would be to Palmersport, the SIDC, or even on the SIDC BBS (where things like this rarely get quite so out of hand).

What galls me here is that the egotistical slagging matches that pervade Scoobynet have yet again got out of hand, and this time caused real damage to the SIDC - despite being a completely unaffiliated organisation. I'm seeing people insulting my friends (and now me) and frankly it p*sses me off. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

But whatever. As usual, I've managed to get myself wound up into a debate which is likely to continue forever, with no likelihood of the people who have caused this problem (of which you and jf are not two, IMO) ever actually realising why it's happened.

So I'll bow out gracefully - since it's time for me to leave work anyway. However, Aaron, I'll be popping back into the thread tomorrow to have a read, so any further insults won't be wasted.

'Night.

[Edited by MarkO - 12/10/2002 10:31:11 PM]
Old 12 November 2002, 04:43 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

MarkO:

Heh heh. Most amusing. The Scoobynet muppet collective manage to spoil the party for everyone. Frankly, the words "just" and "desserts" springs to mind.

I hope that any of the non-Scoobynet SIDC members who now lose out because of this <scoobynet>take a baseball bat to the idiots who let things go this far</usual rubbish
Thats rich coming from one of the biggest muppets after claudius and chip_butty. Youv'e personally reduced this whole thread into something straight out of a schoolground. You seem to get off on riling people up and picking holes in other peoples posts and then have the nerve to accuse others (whom were actually affected) of over reacting.

No doubt my post will get the same treatment but to be honest I havent got the time or inclination to feed your ego trip with another reply.

Simon.

[Edited by P1Fanatic - 12/11/2002 4:44:47 AM]
Old 12 November 2002, 01:43 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Most people spouting off on here didn't even come to bedford [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I was there but not as a driver so at least I saw what happened. 3 Imprezas weren't allowed on track if I remember and thats it. Why has everyone else got the ****? It didn't affect anyone on here hardly

Paul

[Edited by paulpalmer - 12/11/2002 1:44:07 PM]
Old 12 November 2002, 01:48 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, I think this has gone far enough.

Pi55ed off as I was about being one of the subaru drivers asked to leave ( although I did wangle a solution that only wasted 3 hours of my day and hence I'm not one of the 3 or 4 ? mentioned)I think it's time to move on. Wrong though his initial actions were IMHO, it is JP's right to refuse any cars and drivers that he wants and we can either choose never to visit there again or to go with a different car or something.

In light of the latter, I had already been developing a new track weapon for myself that will address issues that are a growing factor these days, such as noise etc and now will just bring it forward so that I can use it on one of the forthcoming MLR or RSOC Bedford days (as long as they get out of my way when I'm coming through), but I am having a few issues with it that someone on here might be able to help me with (Mods, perhaps this should go in technical?) See below

The thing is I don't understand why this oversteer keeps happening(I'm the bloke in red)because I have taken this corner many times before at much higher speeds and I'm a pretty good skateboarder, even if I say so myself.

Maybe I should switch from my sugar free chewing gum to a full fat one as someone mentioned that my bloodsugar levels could be low, which, with all the G forces in the faster corners, could be leading to a momentary loss of brain power. Any ideas or suggestions?

[Edited by Fat Boy - 12/11/2002 1:50:34 PM]
Old 12 November 2002, 02:26 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Edited because it wasn't a clever thing to post

[Edited by DavidLewis - 12/11/2002 3:59:08 PM]
Old 12 November 2002, 03:44 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
no need for the original stuff now

your problem, fat boy, is all down to aerodynamic lift, you need an STi5 wing on the back.

[Edited by johnfelstead - 12/11/2002 5:05:31 PM]
Old 12 November 2002, 04:21 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Edited bit: AND its all YOUR fault

[Edited by DavidLewis - 12/11/2002 4:22:42 PM]
Old 12 November 2002, 05:17 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

The BB has never actually been noise tested, as it's never been on track! However it was loudish with the Apexi and standard downpipe, got a bit bassier with the twindump downpipe, and is now just downright rude with the downpipe, and Blitz Nur Spec R!

Maybe one day I will get it noise tested, just for a laff!

Oh and as for the little darlings, nope never got them, and the council started playing silly buggers, but a new bonnet will be sorted at some point! prob by this time next year! lol

[Edited by Markus - 12/11/2002 5:20:02 PM]
Old 12 November 2002, 11:35 PM
simes
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

To be honest Gossy your driving looked like an accident waiting to happen. Twice when I was driving and once when I was a passenger you left the track and re-joined right in front of the car not looking in control, resulting in us having to drop back to stay out of your way. I am in no way surprised you were black flagged.

You were just as aggressive on the day with the officials as you were in your post.

It doesn't surprise me the behaviour displayed on the day and on this BBS has resulted in JP pulling the plug.

Shame, as I would love to track day there again with the SIDC peeps, but at the end of the day I don't have an Impreza any more so I'm sure I'll get to play there again with some new friends

Simon

[Edited by simes - 12/11/2002 11:36:24 PM]
Old 10 December 2002, 02:30 PM
Jonathan Palmer
Scooby Newbie

I spent considerable time addressing the circumstances of the noise problems from the SIDC event on Saturday 30 November on another thread on this forum, and then responded a second time. From the range of comments in the postings that followed, I am disappointed to subsequently see many which were unreasonably critical of my circuit, my staff and me personally.

I feel too many people on this public forum have been insensitive to the both the importance of complying with the principle, as well as the letter, of our noise limits, and the fact that as creator, owner and operator of Bedford Autodrome I am obviously at liberty to choose which customers I wish to have.

As a result of the above, I have decided that I no longer wish to have any further events at Bedford Autodrome for the SIDC. I am sorry for those who have enjoyed our circuit in the past, but the dominance of critical, emotional and often ignorant posts has lead to my decision.

I have no intention of being accused of defrauding anyone. Those who failed noise tests at any level will receive refunds. On the subject of financial goodwill, members may be interested to know that when the SIDC had two track hire bookings for the same 30 November day, Oulton Park refused to permit cancellation, but we were sympathetic and allowed the contract to be changed so that the SIDC just paid for a minimum of 36 cars, plus a per car cost thereafter.

I am sure you will continue to enjoy your Imprezas elsewhere.
Old 10 December 2002, 02:42 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Under the assumption that the above is a genuine post from JP, I can't help but agree with his position.
Old 10 December 2002, 02:44 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

JP

Thank you very much for advising us of your very clear decision, and also the genuine and correct offer of refund.

I'm sure us SIDC members are as dissapointed as yourself at these unfortunate events and their conclusion - all we wanted to do was enjoy a great trackday as we had done many time before with you. However we all know where we stand now, and thank you for making this crystal clear.

I wish you and BA the best of luck in the future.

D

Old 10 December 2002, 02:45 PM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

His loss.
Old 10 December 2002, 02:53 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Red face

First of all, scoobynet is not the SIDC and has no afiliation with the club whatsoever.

I feel too many people on this public forum have been insensitive to the both the importance of complying with the principle, as well as the letter, of our noise limits
Jonathan, with respect. People attended your circuit and met your published noise limits, both static and drive past. You then chose to lower the noise limit on the day, causing many to fail this new test.

You are the person who did not respect your own noise limits, and this is the only area people are concerned about. We all accept the principle and aplication of noise limits, it's part of modern life. However, it is imposible for people to comply with a limit that you change on a whim, after people have prepared themselves for the days activities. You havent accepted that as a basic principle, which i find astonishing.

Old 10 December 2002, 02:53 PM
ice man
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

After reading the Bedford thread I saw this coming a mile off
Old 10 December 2002, 02:54 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy

Me too.

So, the actions of the few potentially spoil it for the majority.....surely not!

NOTE - I wasn't there, I don't do trackdays in my Impreza at the moment, so I don't have an axe to grind, and aren't pointing the finger at *anyone* - and as such can make an IMHO and impartial comment.....

This reminds me of (and is not totally unconnected to) the trackdays/heavily modded cars/warranties issue.......ultimately the people that do not try to abuse their warranties will suffer there too....
Old 10 December 2002, 02:56 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I personally think thats appalling behaviour, whatever happened to the customer always being right? I wish I had a business that was so profitable I could tell awkward (or in this case, vocal) customers to **** off.

This is simply a cop out. I wonder what the reaction will be from the many members of this board who drive other vehicles and are members of other car clubs?

I hope this isn't a genuine post from JP, if it is, it seriously diminishes my regard for him (not that he'll be that bothered ).
Old 10 December 2002, 02:59 PM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Angry

Oh and another point:-

Do the RX-7's that failed the noise test get banned or just us nasty Scooby owners [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Ian
Old 10 December 2002, 02:59 PM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

Apart from the fact that it seems I have just got banned from Bedford for having an Impreza and being a member of Scoobynet not the SIDC!

I would view this post with a great deal of suspicion as there is no website or e-mail address showing.

Quick Reply: Future at Bedford Autodrome