Sponsored by:

Evo vs. Scoob

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2001, 08:01 PM
Si James
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

All Scoobie owners will by now be aware that some non-Scoobie owners are trying to to draw us into a purile debate over Evos vs Scoobs.

I strongly recommend that you do not reply to these threads, and that you ignore them completely.

I would ask the moderator to peranently ban the persons posting such obviously provocative and pointless posts, so saving us from terminal boredom.

This post also applies to those sad Nova and Calibra etc persons who post to provoke, and not share in the enjoyment of Subaru ownsership.

Si
Old 06 October 2001, 08:31 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

I'm with Si on this one. This muppet invasion is getting *extremely* tedious.

Old 06 October 2001, 08:39 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Cool

definitely agree here.

to many total idiots who join with zero posts and then start a totally ridiculous thread. not always an evo vs scoobie one either....anyone for a cavalier ?

like that idiot who began one on Top Gear and Weep U Losers ? saw it but there was no point at all replying to the inane drivel of a 15 yr old.

get their ip's or summat and ban them ?

dont mind people with other cars posting on here, as we all enjoy cars at the end of the day and its nice to hear reasonable views / questions from other owners.

still i would say that we should just ignore such threads and no one should post a single reply................

steve
who is contemplating buy an Evo !!
Old 06 October 2001, 08:42 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Miles:
<B>I'm with Si on this one. This muppet invasion is getting *extremely* tedious.

[/quote]

Oi !!! dont stick em in the Muppet category !

They are tedious and boring though !
Old 06 October 2001, 10:33 PM
jon44w
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

PLEASE DO NOT HOLD THIS `BATING` AGAINST GENUINE EVO OWNERS!

The tossers that start these slagging matches probably own a 997cc Fiat Panda or some other rust bucket. ( or one of these fecking annoying 50cc scooter things that buzz around like demented bumbble bees trying to hang on to your rear spoiler! )

Genuine Evo owners have loads of respect for Scooby drivers and vice versa.

Moderators get your fingers out and ban these gimps!
Old 07 October 2001, 12:52 AM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Cool

No 9 - its not just that one thread. recently it seems to be the case that newbies join and immediately post a thread like the one i mentioned.

they are not interested in a decent discussion about cars just make stoopid claims. hence y i said if no one replies they might go back to wherever they came from.

well i did have a rover - sold it when i bought the scoob, does that count

steve
Old 07 October 2001, 10:54 AM
CharliePsycho
Scooby Regular

I hate to say it, it doesn't bother me. Laugh at the poor trolls, but don't join in
...©
Old 07 October 2001, 11:11 AM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Wink

I am not to bothered by them, in fact sometimes its quite funny . Scoobynet has always been the home for the petrolhead no matter what you drive. I agree, a lot of the posts are meant to get a reaction but some have had strange endings. Anyone remember the RSOC thread with about 10000 posts . It was a classic with Mr Rainbird defending his cossie honour. Judgements are normally pretty good by the moderators, ie which ones provoke debate and which ones are purely pointless and going nowhere .

cheers

chrisp
Old 07 October 2001, 11:37 AM
No_9
Scooby Regular

Well I don't know if I am one of these "idiots" you'r reffering to, but I did mention EVO's, though you lot are quick to assume that I did it purely to incite arguments and confrontation.

If I remember correctly I stated that I would rather have an EVO (an opinion I believe, I am allowed them on here yes??) cause they look more agressive, I stated that in Impreza's I liked the P1, the WRX STi etc cause they looked the part more than the average Subaru. But that I still liked the EVO better, and then theres the fact that as far as I can see the EVO is faster as well. Nop intent to incite trouble, just a point of view, but if you lot can't handle that, then that's your problem. And no I dont own a Vauxhall, though I am friendly with a lot of the people you are referring to.
Old 07 October 2001, 11:43 AM
No_9
Scooby Regular

I see now that some tosser with a Jet Ski has in fact caused this thread to come about, therefore, apologies for my comments just made if they upset anyone, just making sure I wasn't getting slated for having an opinion, cause that would be a bad day.

Now, no-one else on here got a Rover???

Anyone reckon their Scooby will take me new car in a straight sprint??-lol, just kiddin peeps.
Old 07 October 2001, 06:05 PM
evo kid
Scooby Regular

any one notice the 'rouge' posters has been a little more active in the last month .

any relation to scoobynet beeing in a couple of car mags lately ?????????