Sponsored by:

What a night!.........what a pleb!

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2002, 12:26 PM
Steve Fort
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Regarding scoobypetes post about a scooby and an EVO street racing.
I'd like to have thought that these cruises/street races were just for RS turbo owners..etc.., the usual Max Power brigade, but it really pi55es me off when you find that Scooby and EVO owners a sinking so low.
I spose its inevitable when the prices are dropping, and come within reach of the boyracers. Just a shame, thats all, and it will start to give us scooby owners a reputation!

I suppose the same happened to Cosworths once upon a time, and look at the reputation that they have now.

Rant over, now wheres that pipe and slippers

Old 16 November 2002, 12:42 PM
NOS nova
Scooby Regular

don't worry too much, i was at a cruise a few weeks ago and there was a young guy (around 19) in a 348 TS doing doughnuts so its not just scoobs and evos that are suffering.(bet his dad strung him up when he got home!)
Old 16 November 2002, 01:11 PM
grabber
Scooby Regular

Smile

you saying you've never raced on the road ? if you ain't you must be angel , what's the point of owning that type of car , if every now and then you don't have a little play.don't get me wrong i'm not saying go out and race every chance you get , but there's a time and a place for everything and it's not always on a track!
Old 16 November 2002, 01:13 PM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

where was this??

isn't there a jap meet tomorrow as well with similar sort of antics?
Old 16 November 2002, 01:25 PM
grabber
Scooby Regular

yes there is a jap meet 2morrow and no the only doughnuts there will be with jam in the middle and sugar on the outside
Old 16 November 2002, 02:12 PM
sti4
Scooby Regular

where is this Jap Meet
Old 16 November 2002, 02:12 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Worse thing is that the evo tosser was "only" doing 100mph...with his 2 lads in the back...what a complete tosser.People like that deserve to have their licences revoked, and given skateboards to race on.

Trending Topics

Old 16 November 2002, 02:37 PM
skeletor2
Scooby Newbie

turboman786

You dick head. It was carrying that speed on a well know dual carriageway with no side roads or crossings, over a mile long and safer than a motorway. You telling me you have never done over 100mph on a motorway with passengers, which is more dangerous in my opinion with the amount of cars on the road. I don’t think so.

You just carry on. You are just confirming my initial thoughts.

If you read my thread it was me that slowed down when I approached a roundabout due to the fact I did have passengers in the car and it was the scooby driver that continued at speed around the roundabout that was the only reason the scooby was ahead of me for a short period of time.

I am not saying that I wouldn't have given it more if I was on my own because I would have but the safety of my passengers is always paramount.

The scooby guys seemed to be a good bunch and we had a good chat afterwards but why talk a load of crap, which was not true.

Skeletor

[Edited by skeletor2 - 11/16/2002 2:43:58 PM]
Old 16 November 2002, 02:54 PM
scoobypete
Scooby Regular

what a c*&k if ur gona call me a pleb at least say it to me not over the net u coward!

why did u buy a scooby then for its good fuel economy!!!!

pete a.
Old 16 November 2002, 03:26 PM
Steve Fort
Scooby Regular

If you read it properly, i was calling the blokes racing the scoobs plebs. I think that i explained why i think that aswell.

PS, i bought my scoob mainly for having fun down 'B' roads, not for racing some kids up and down public main roads.

Old 16 November 2002, 03:46 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

I love these posts, making out all Jap car owners to be angels, then you go to places where they all meet up and its like the fast and the bleedin furious out on the roads.
We all do it, we all know its wrong, we all still carry on doing it.
"life is either a daring adventure, or nothing"
Helen Keller.

astraboy.
Old 16 November 2002, 04:45 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Angry

I bought my car to have fun and kick *** in, not to do the shopping!

I have also got a diesel for going to work in, because thats the best car for that kind of thing.I think alot of do gooder Scooby owners on this BBS should have bought one too!

Your all so full of your own self-righteousness, your telling me you`ve never done anything illegal simply for fun??

Rich.
Old 16 November 2002, 04:51 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

oh, and whats this about giving all you Scooby drivers a reputation.... you`ve had one for years, did you never realise??

Why would anyone buy a 4wd car with well over 200bhp and stiff suspension/sharp handling for anyother reason??

Rich.
Old 16 November 2002, 05:04 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

I'd like to have thought that these cruises/street races were just for RS turbo owners

Why would you like to have thought this then? Also WTF do you mean by this........I suppose the same happened to Cosworths once upon a time, and look at the reputation that they have now

You need to get your head outta your *** if this is your attitude [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[Edited by Redkop - 11/16/2002 5:07:03 PM]
Old 16 November 2002, 05:17 PM
St3v3_C
Scooby Newbie

Hi,

Redkop makes a good point...

Anyway, your maximum speed should suit the conditions - be that above or below the speed limit - as FAST as 30mph past a school at 3:30 - probably not, as slow as 70mph on the motorway at 3 in the morning - probably not.

I wasn't at the place mentioned above, so I won't comment on it - just wish others would do the same...

CheeRS

Steve.
Old 16 November 2002, 05:28 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

A few observations.

1. I'm sorry, but doing a ton on a clear motorway/dual carriageway is one thing, street racing is another. I'm not angel, but I wouldn't dream of racing with my kids in the car.

2. Most of the longer standing members bought Imprezas to enjoy them on B roads, and use them as such.

3. Redkop, I'm afraid that cossies owners do have a dubious reputation, whether you like it or not. When new, they were owned by similar types of people to those who now own Scoobs, but as they became cheaper some were bought but morons who spend the night street racing and doing doughnuts. Other owners have simply been tarred with the same brush.

4. Scoobypete. I suggest you look up the term 'Pleb' before getting too excited. It's hardly an earth-shattering insult.

5. This thread should be locked and/or deleted as quickly as the ones they refer to.

Josh