Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what a night!

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2002, 12:29 AM
scoobypete
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just got back from seeing a uk scoob keeping up with and once beating a evo 6! this thing was popping every time it changed gear the owner reconed it was around 300bhp but the scooby keeped up with it all the way down the mile!

saw a couple of other impreza's go by a rb5 and 2000 turbo out for a play as well!

pete a.
Old 16 November 2002, 12:51 AM
Steve Fort
Scooby Regular

Whereabouts was all this going on?
Old 16 November 2002, 11:36 AM
skeletor2
Scooby Newbie

"just got back from seeing a uk scoob keeping up with and once beating a evo 6! this thing was popping every time it changed gear the owner reckoned it was around 300bhp but the scooby keeped up with it all the way down the mile!"

It makes me laugh when I read things like this.

I was the one in the EVO 6.

I don’t know what you where watching but there was a few things you missed out in your comments.

Not once did the scooby beat me. We where driving down the mad mile and at approximately a ton I was pulling away quite convincingly. I had four people in the car and he had only one. If you remember I also showed you my boot, which was full with work equipment such as drills and a toolbox. I was also not going to drive like an idiot coming up to and driving around the roundabout because I had my two boys in the car.

How the hell can you see who was winning when we where nearly a mile down the road and you where standing at the edge of the road. Maybe you had some binoculars. I might suggest that you bring some next time so that you can see the truth and not listen to someone clearly filling your head with dreams.

Not once did I quote on BHP figures. You where the ones that where guessing. Who was the one that reckoned that because I have an aftermarket down pipe I must have an extra 20bhp. Must have been the same person that managed to estimate how fast an M3 was going 400meters down the road just by watching him pull away from the lights.

The scooby I was racing also stated that he reached approx 140mph. Rubbish, when I overtook him I was doing between 110- 120mph and then I slowed down.

The funny thing about this is that I stopped to have a play with some like-minded car enthusiasts and then have to read this crap. I suggest you grow up or maybe tell the truth.

I have owned various high performance cars including a WRX STI Version 6 Type R which was a wicked car and will not get in to an argument about my car is quicker or even better than yours. It was just a bit of fun and that should be how it stays.

I am not saying that I thrashed his BUT because I didn’t. Up to about 90-100mph we where neck and neck but after that it was another storey. Both times he went around the roundabout he was approx 20 meters ahead of me, which on both occasions I caught him up. FACT.

Due to the silly comments that have been made I will be at the next meet on my own just to prove a point.

Skeletor
Old 16 November 2002, 11:52 AM
ChrisB

Road racing? Let's not even go here hey?