Sponsored by:

How much is my P1 worth?

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2002, 10:08 AM
Mickle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

What month, year is it? Have you seen the P1 (No 1000) for sale, Dec 2001 for £23000. Another one's in the for sale section for £18k that's 2 years old

I'm going to go off and cry now cause I've got one as well
Old 12 November 2002, 10:35 AM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Before some of the usual morons leap in, even given the depeciation of the P1, I don't think a value of 60%ish of the original cost after 2-21/2 years is that bad when you compare it to other cars.

In fact that's probably about what I got for my '98, before prices tumbled. It's just that 40% is of a higher amount that makes it sound bad.

Back to the matter in hand. IMHO I think you'd be better getting the car mint yourself, as the cost you've mentioned is likely to be a sticking point that will probably result in a £2k reduction in negotiations.

P1's of a similar age and mileage are being sold by dealer for around £22-23k, although what they buy them in for is a different matter. There are a few on the market at the moment, but a dealer I was talking to last week doesn't seem to be having any problems selling them.

Best of luck

Josh
Old 12 November 2002, 02:14 PM
fusioneer
Scooby Regular

thanks Josh

Your advice seems to make a lot of sense I dont suppose anyone can recommend a place for parts and repairs in central London as there is no longer a dealer here!!! grrr
Old 12 November 2002, 03:17 PM
pramrace
Scooby Regular

In my local autotrader they have been up for 17k,so stuff it i'll keep mine till the bloody thing falls apart.Its just cost me £750 for a new clutch.
Old 12 November 2002, 10:19 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Ive just been speaking to my uncle at his bodyshop and it should be cheaper than £1500! Mad prices!! If you drop me an email, ill send you all the details of address and phone numbers. Its in Park Royal and they do some nice cars (just saw Lennox Lewis Aston Martin - well nice!)

You can easily just ring them up and get a quote. Dont sell it though!
Old 12 November 2002, 10:31 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Fusioneer and Pramrace,

If it makes you feel any better, I've been offered a few grand more than that for mine today (PX mind you). However, I'll probably hang onto it until my STi8 arrives.

Josh
Old 13 November 2002, 08:00 AM
wilf
Scooby Regular

Wink

IMHO the best thing to do with a P1 at the moment is keep it. For the money there is still v little if anything that can touch it. STI 8 PPP - maybe, but thats not going to be out till next summer.

The £900 you pay a month on the P1 you'll still pay on another car if you buy on credit and more if you buy a new or nearly new car on depreciation.

There are some doommongers on this BBS always harping on about low P1 values. I had a trade in quote on mine a month ago against a non scoob and without negotiation it would have lost the same in a year (from what I bought it for) as my old MY98 and MY00 both of which I traded from buying new. So its not quite as bad as some would have you think.
Old 13 November 2002, 11:24 AM
fusioneer
Scooby Regular

Thanks Guys!

Money can you send me those details for the guys at parkroyal!!

Also good news have restructured my finance so that I can keep the baby and bring my payments down to under £500 a month, IM Finance had already refused to do this, my credit is a bit dodgy see, but thankfully there are some other finance companies that are more pragmatic than just paying attention to Experian
Old 13 November 2002, 11:56 AM
P1 Enthusiast
Scooby Regular

Fusioneer,

If you are prepared to bring the car to Birmingham i can get you amazing quote's on the repair, my friend is a body shop professional and he uses his shop and his full booth in his garage to repair cars in his spare time. His work is of the highest standard possible and amazing price.

E.g. Two repairs he did recently for friends of mine;

Quote from 2 shops; 1100 quid (both said new panel needed)

His price; 400 quid all in (no panel needed in end)

E.g.2 Shop quotes 800 quid

His price ; 300 quid

You have to remember that shops charge about 15 quid an hour for labour and that they always bump the labour hours up and generally over charge for paint also.

Its near Xmas and i am sure Paul would do it for a song for you to pay a few extra pressies for his family, might be worth a chat to him
Old 13 November 2002, 01:34 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

sent you the email mate
Old 11 December 2002, 10:04 AM
fusioneer
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

In the Halycon days of IT contracting, I bought a P1 a couple of years ago but I have come to the conclusion is has to go has £900 a month is something I can no longer afford even though I only have another year to pay. So its time to let the baby go! I think!!!

I was hoping some of you could give me some idea of what it is worth as I know prices have come down a lot, but I dont want to let it go for a song.

The car is basically sound but does need some slight attention as follows:

Damaged front spoiler and headlights estimated at around £700 to repair as new. Needs new brake pads (Prodrive upgrade) around £160 and new boots all round are needed and a scuff on the back spoiler grr car parks! And the alloys could do with a polish So including the tyres its probably looking at £1500 to get it mint.

Other than that everything is fine and is going like a dream at 23000 miles on the clock.

Its totally standard barring:
brake upgrade - braided all round
bump steer mod
anti lift kit
scooby sport full system - (have old exhaust)
£500 - CD player
£300 - Speakers

I havent actually decided its definetely going to go just yet but it looks likely.

Edited to say it is an X reg. It was first registered November 2000 so basically exactly 2 years old!

Pete

[Edited by fusioneer - 11/12/2002 10:25:50 AM]