disopointing first visit to local dealer

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2002, 08:29 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Hi there

I have just stopped at my local dealer on the way home for the first time, as i brought the car elsewhere, the dealer being THREEWAYS, SUBARU, ABERGELE, NORTH WALES and was amazed at their lack of intrest in serving me, i went in to get some of the side protection strips for the doors (which they had) and found in the end. I asked if i could have my 10% discount for being a SIDC member, as they have an advertisment in true grip offering this, they said they hadn,t heard of SIDC and don't give 10% discount and would like to see the ad. Anyway that was that i then asked if they fitted PPP and how much they were fitted they looked blank and said they don't know how much and dealers don't fit them anyway you have to go to Prodrive direct. I said the Subaru website says contact your dealer they said they always do.So i left a bit dissapointed thinking i have to start handing my cash to them soon for servicing. Has anyone else on here dealt with them.

Thanks for reading,

James
Old 30 October 2002, 08:39 PM
Steve Fort
Scooby Regular

Some of the staff in dealers can be right *****. I've noticed that if i go into a dealers with my work clothes on (jeans and dirty t-shirt......i'm a rail engineer) with my shaved head, i get totally ignored, or they speak to me like i'm a piece of ****, whereas if someone walks in suited and booted, they're all over 'em like a rash.
Old 30 October 2002, 08:39 PM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Dont worry mate, most car dealers I find are totally disinterested!
Old 30 October 2002, 08:46 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi steve

I went in with work clothes on i'm a tree surgeon for electric company and been flat out after the storms we just had. Good point me first visit and i walk in wet and f*****g filthy. Guess i have meself to blame not.

Cheers jacey.

James