Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

North Leeds owners take care

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2002, 03:35 AM
KenG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2am this morning I disturbed someone downstairs who had broken into the house. They'd had time to go through the downstairs drawers looking for my STI and garage keys. They failed to find them and escaped when disturbed by me with Maglite in hand, and the alarm going off. My neighbour arrived in 30 seconds and the police in less than 10 minutes.

Without giving too much away (you never know who reads this board) my garage is very secure and alarmed, so it would have been a very noisy affair even if they had got the keys. They had tried all the keys they could find, leaving them on the ground near the garage door, and even left my wife's purse outside (intact) when they scarpered.

By the method of entry to the deadlocked door these were not casual amateurs, so beware, you could be next on their list. Total loss is a mobile phone, repairs to the door and a night without sleep.

Ken
Old 30 October 2002, 05:05 AM
knuckledragger
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a lucky escape.
With Xmas approaching, the ram raider will be looking for his chariot of choice. Expect more similar tales over the coming weeks. (Maglite- nice choice!)
Old 30 October 2002, 07:31 AM
cwal1
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about that Ken - were you able to give good descriptions to the police, did the police manage to get any prints ?

BTW where abouts in Leeds did it happen ?

Chris.
Old 30 October 2002, 12:01 PM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

why do they bother when they know 99% of scoobys have trackers fitted???
Old 30 October 2002, 12:14 PM
Road-rash
Scooby Regular

Because all crooks are ******* thick a good mate of mine got done on saturday watched him go out disconected the alarm and cleared him out left a mess b@stards
Old 30 October 2002, 12:16 PM
Jerry*
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Glad everything's okay Ken (well as okay as it can be !!)..

Did the police say they knew anything about these scum...other incidents recently etc... ??

Seems to have been a few incidents in the Leeds area recently mentioned on here...

Can't understand why the police aren't taking bigger steps to tackle this kind of crime. These aren't opportunists or kids with nothing better to do... These are professional theives who know exactly what they want and how to get it.

...and the other day the papers were full of the new proposals to install more cameras/catch more speeders etc... just great isn't it !?!

John
S.I.B.
Old 30 October 2002, 12:18 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what area are you in?? mail me offline if you prefer.

David
Old 30 October 2002, 12:36 PM
Bal
Scooby Regular

Mail me offline to.
cos I live in North Leeds too.

Bal
Old 30 October 2002, 03:58 PM
Muncher
Scooby Regular

You're lucky you didn't wake up with one of them standing over you with a large piece of 4 by 2 wood like they did when my Impreza was stolen from Leeds (Cookridge) a few weeks ago. These *!**ers need locking up and having their ***locks cut off. Hopefully the police will have more luck with finger prints than they did with the prints they took from my friends house.

They still haven't found my car yet
and I still don't sleep that well.

Giles
Old 30 October 2002, 08:16 PM
KenG
Scooby Regular

Hi guys, with only 2 hours sleep and a full days work I am a bit ragged at the edges to say the least.

I live in the Moortown area of Leeds which normally has a low(ish) crime rate. As the car is garaged, and they knew exactly what they were after (20+ cars in the avenue on their drives that night, some quite tasty) I can only assume that this has been planned and is a steal to order.

The police were quick on the scene and did a good job of handling the incident. As the car wasn't stolen and I wasn't attacked, it will be recorded as a burglary with theft of a mobile phone!

My insurance company were great and I had everything sorted before lunch today.

The tw@ts were running before I got close enough to see them. Me semi-naked with a Maglite is probably enough to scare anyone.

Thanks for your support guys.

Ken