Sponsored by:

Tileys?

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2001, 07:48 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

I'm off to Tileys on Saturday for my car's first annual service. Quick question: anybody had any dealings with them at all? Good/bad/indifferent?
I'm sure I'll find out on Sat anyway but forewarned is forearmed....
Old 13 September 2001, 08:22 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had 3 cars from Tiley’s MY98-00 & P1 obviously I am very happy with them. Tiley’s have also offered SIDC members 10% discount. They also give us the use of there grounds if required for SIDC meets or events. Most of the SW mob have purchased their Impreza’s from Tiley’s and most use Tiley’s for servicing.
Give them all my regards they know me very well.
Old 13 September 2001, 08:28 PM
Tracey
Scooby Regular

Hi Simon,

I bought mine from Tiley's and I have had it serviced there too. Agree with Bob, I have had no problems with them.

P.S. Ask them if they are missing a pair of very long nose pliers which are bent at the end. If so, I have got them.

And yes don't forget to ask for your 10% discount, if your an SIDC member.

Tracey
Old 13 September 2001, 08:32 PM
ad
Scooby Regular

Wink

I have used Tiley's (but not exclusively) for the last three years.
They have always rectified problems and their service manager Phil Taylor comes across as a helpful, good bloke.
But make sure you are very clear about anything you have a query with.
If the underbody service is due make sure they know about it in advance (on one occasion it looked as though it had been rushed and they had to repeat it when the underseal fell off).
I was disapponted when I found that the car security upgrade that I had done by them (which they subbed out) was held in place in the dash by part of the box it came in!!
Actual prices always seem to be a few quid more than quotes.
Now my car is out of warranty I will probably use DHC in Malmesbury as the service I had there onone occasion was a notch up in quality.
Old 13 September 2001, 09:31 PM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Bought my car (MY01 WRX) from another main dealer but when i asked them to fit PIAA spot lights they said they were not avaiable for the MY01 yet so i called the next nearest dealer - Tileys, they had allready done one with no problems and had a set in stock, since then they have fitted my PPP (which they sorted out for me very quickly)and will be doing all servicing and other work.
All the staff i have dealt with are truly enthusiatic and allways make you feel welcome

simon.
Old 13 September 2001, 09:44 PM
JFB
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I agree with Bob and Tracey as I have had my Euro import serviced at Tileys. I've had a couple of major problems that they are helping me sort out under warranty (I hope) eg clutch and now gearbox . I have found their bills quite reasonable and Phil Taylor is an extremely helpful manager with Dave showing real commitment with the mechanical side of things. Highly recommended.

Jerome
Old 13 September 2001, 09:44 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Red face

Cheers guys!
Ad - I'd thought of DHC but aren't they a bit pricey?
Old 13 September 2001, 10:04 PM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

Talking

...and I'm the sucker who's getting their last P1, either tomorrow night or Sat morning. If it's the latter, you're there and I'm there (I'll be the one with the "Oh my god, what have I done with all my hard earned" look ), then say hello.

It was fair but hard work negotiating the deal...

PS anyone got any guesses how many P1's there are with **51*** number plates? - apart from mine, of course
Old 13 September 2001, 10:11 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Smile

Martin, if you're there Sat early am then I'll be the one with the red scoob trying to explain to his wife that what he really needs is a nice blue subaru. With only 2 doors.
Old 14 September 2001, 08:48 AM
nigel s
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Tracey:
<B>Hi Simon,

I bought mine from Tiley's and I have had it serviced there too. Agree with Bob, I have had no problems with them.

P.S. Ask them if they are missing a pair of very long nose pliers which are bent at the end. If so, I have got them.

And yes don't forget to ask for your 10% discount, if your an SIDC member.

Tracey [/quote]

Very interesting, I have my WRX booked in at Tiley's next week for PPP. Can I claim 10% SIDC discount on PPP. I bought my car from them and found them very helpfull, more so than other non subaru car dealers have used in the past.

Old 14 September 2001, 09:10 AM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Wink

nigel s,
i could not get 10% Sidc discount because PPP is not a stock item. Remember to take your spare key and get them to re-program it.

simon
Old 14 September 2001, 09:43 AM
Tracey
Scooby Regular

Nigel,

I don't know whether you get 10% discount on servicing only, perhaps this is the case.

I was buying something from the parts dept a while back and asked if I would get discount, they said that they couldn't really do it on parts as they don't have a big profit margin on parts.

Anyway, you can only ask, coz if you don't ask you never know.

Tracey
Old 14 September 2001, 10:00 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I got my MY00 from Tileys. Excellent service so far. Had the Pro-drive cambers done there too.

Taken my car back many times with minor problems, and have been dealt with straight away. Side windows not sealing

Phoned Phil up one morning at 8:30 am with a knocking sound from the rear left hand side of the car. I thought it was something bad. Phill said bring it in now.

Half hour later the car was on ramps with suspension removed. Eventually they found it was an inverter that I put in the jack cupboard, moving around knocking on the jack. Whoops!!!

They are currently being a bit difficult with my clutch judder, but that's down to Subaru UK, and not them.

They sometimes answer the phone and recognise your voice, this is nice.....

As everyone has said top dealers with a top service. I think the Ford garages could learn at lot from them

Cheers Phill C

PS The open days are brilliant fun.

Old 14 September 2001, 10:15 AM
rsquire
Scooby Regular

Talking

Simon.. Simon...

You sure you're off to Tileys

Richard
Old 14 September 2001, 08:14 PM
ad
Scooby Regular

Simon,

When I had my 24 month service carried out at DHC it was cheaper than quotes from Lancaster Reading, Simpsons or Tileys.
You may be aware that DHC are not main dealers, however they use Subaru parts. When I picked the car up it was absolutely spotless (unlike when I left it with them).
By the way even though my car has SIDC stickers I was not offered a discount for service at either of the two main dealers I have used.
Old 14 September 2001, 10:34 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Wink

ad

I've been to DHC a couple of times to look around their showroom - lots of nice STis etc When I rang, they were booking nearly a month ahead....I'm giving Tileys a try as I'm almost exactly halfway between them and Simpsons. As regards SIDC discount Simpsons have been very good and always given it on any work I've had done (parts anyway).

Richard
Fairly confident I'll make Tileys tomorrow early a.m. - after that....hmmm. All I know is today was spent trawling through cupboards trying to find all that clobber that only usually gets used for the annual gasing and aircrew comedy range visit
Old 14 September 2001, 11:53 PM
blf21
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Tileys are cool. They must be, I'm travelling from Cambridge to Bristol next friday to get my Scoob serviced and an excuse to get back to the west country for a w/e...

I bought my Sport at an undeniably bargain price from them just over a year ago

They do seem a bit sketchy at times, but hey, they're only human.

[edited for spelling from the world of cabbages]

[This message has been edited by blf21 (edited 14 September 2001).]
Old 15 September 2001, 02:47 AM
rsquire
Scooby Regular

Simon..

Thoughts are with you on the comedy range mate

Richard
Old 15 September 2001, 08:31 PM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Smile

What a nice bunch of folks! Got the service + the underbody service and they also fitted a set of secondhand Cibies for me too All very knowledgeable and friendly; nothing seems too difficult for them! Loan car also sorted for me no problem - only a Justy but hey, I was only going shopping in it!

I'll be going back to get my heatshields refitted (SS D/P) and also the Eibachs I've got sitting in the garage!

Sorry I missed you bob - they said you'd popped in: I was being dragged around Ikea by she who must be obeyed!

richard - cheers!
Old 15 September 2001, 09:07 PM
Tracey
Scooby Regular

Gosh Bob, have you been down there again. I'm surprised you haven't got your own personal chair there by now.

Glad you were pleased with the service you got Simon. I always get the Justy too, a bit of a laugh driving it really, but nice to get back into my car after driving that.

Tracey
Old 18 September 2001, 08:48 PM
nigel s
Scooby Regular

Question

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by PCB:
<B>nigel s,
i could not get 10% Sidc discount because PPP is not a stock item. Remember to take your spare key and get them to re-program it.

simon[/quote]
Being fairly new, please forgive me for being slow, but why do I need to take my spare key? Tiley's haven't said about this.

Old 18 September 2001, 09:44 PM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Wink

Nigel,
Your ignition key deactivates the immobiliser, which is controlled by the ECU, when you have the PPP fitted the new ECU will have different codes for the immobiliser so both keys need to be re-programmed to work with the new ECU.

simon.
Old 18 September 2001, 09:46 PM
nigel s
Scooby Regular

Thanks Simon,
I was only thinking of the alarm module.
Old 19 September 2001, 08:48 AM
wilf
Scooby Regular

To Martin with the new plate P1

It wasnt you I saw driving through Backwell on Sunday morning proudly displyaing the new plates?

Nice motor - I was hoping it would grow roots in the showroom so I could steal in with a low offer at the last minute.
Old 19 September 2001, 09:18 AM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

Wilf

Probably - around 12.00 and again at 12.45'ish. I popped in to the Star at Congresbury to meet some other Scoobs, but had to leave early.

Were you the silver scoob coming down past the traffic lights at the roadworks by the lake? If so, thx for the wave!

Yes, it was growing roots in the showroom, but Steve Montacute still wouldn't come up with an absolutely astounding deal. But, hey, you can't take your debts with you ...

BTW, I'm as happy as a happy man in Happyland with it so far - despite the price!
Old 19 September 2001, 09:46 AM
wilf
Scooby Regular

Martin,

Yes was me in the silver MY00. I was actually on my way to the Star as well but turned up too late. I hadn't bothered to tell anyone I was going anyway.

Have to catch up with the Bristol crowd at the next meet. I bet a fair few of them (like me) have spent several happy moments daydreaming over your P1 whilst it was sat in the showroom at Tileys.

Old 19 September 2001, 01:09 PM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

Wilf...are you sure you turned up too late? - they were only just going into the bar when I left them

We park right round the back of the car park, behind the pub, where no one else goes and you can't see any of the cars from the road ..that's part of the reason we go there I believe. There two other P1's and two other silver saloons - 98 and 00 (I think)when I left.

Cya around. Martin