Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Dealings with Tiley's of Bristol

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2003, 02:01 PM
little miss fire
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

All

has anyone had any dealings with Tiley's of Bristrol?

They sold us a UK car, which actullay turns out to be a dutch import!

Not happy!

[Edited by little miss fire - 9/22/2003 2:01:55 PM]
Old 22 September 2003, 06:48 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

[inappropriate post removed - libel/slander etc...]

[Edited by chiark - 9/23/2003 8:31:19 AM]
Old 22 September 2003, 09:04 PM
gnome
Scooby Regular

I have brought 3 cars from them and have had work done on them and i am very happy. Van Buxton sales man all ways helpfull and i think machanics name is Dave Ball is helpfull.
Old 22 September 2003, 09:18 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Have you approached them yet?

IF so what was thier response?

If not shouldn't you give them a chance to explain

deleted as the post has now been removed

[Edited by phil_stephens - 9/22/2003 9:19:32 PM]

[Edited by phil_stephens - 9/23/2003 9:44:41 AM]
Old 23 September 2003, 10:54 AM
little miss fire
Scooby Regular

I have contacted them about this. And have not had a reply or an explaination from them.
Old 23 September 2003, 11:04 AM
little miss fire
Scooby Regular

The worst thing is that the car now needs some warranty work carring out (only bought the car 3 weeks ago!) which will not be covered by warranty (as the car has none!. Had it have been a UK car as it was sold, warranty would have been valid.

I'm sure now you can all understand why I'm not too happy.
Old 23 September 2003, 06:52 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

we had an isuzu tf pick up in last week sold by tileys first service done by tileys and we had it because the gearbox could only get 1st and 2nd. upon draining the oil it was found to be still the running in oil. the problem being it had done 34,000 mls and the selectors had picked up in the casing and stuck fast. the oil should have been changed at 1000 mls along with the diffs and transfer box. make of that what you will.

im sure its tileys that have some sort of p***y background. they are well known for it all of the P***ys we get in all have tileys plates on them and speedo sensor faulted in the memory!!!!
Old 23 September 2003, 07:17 PM
Ian D
Scooby Regular

If the car is a Dutch import, dealers of all descriptions would value it at 10 to 15% less than a UK supplied car, so I would be after a refund of 10 to 15% of the purchase price plus some compensation for inconvenience. In the eyes of the law you may have a case to get a refund, if you can prove (ideally through what was in the written contract) that you have bought a maldescribed car.
Old 23 September 2003, 07:30 PM
Pro Boy
Scooby Regular

Was it sold as a subaru proven car if so believe you can claim under that.
Old 24 September 2003, 09:01 AM
little miss fire
Scooby Regular

It was sold as a Subaru approved car. What channels do I need to go down to claim under that?
Old 24 September 2003, 09:09 AM
little miss fire
Scooby Regular

Scooby Boy, YHM
Old 03 February 2009, 07:10 PM
Rallyline
Scooby Newbie

Default My dealings with Tiley's Subaru of Bristol

I used to take my Subaru's there to be serviced etc, but stopped going there after the following happened to me.

I had a P1 and they had looked after it for just over 2 years. I had spent a small fortune with them, including buying extended warranty etc. On the last occasion that I took it in for a service, I asked Kelly (the girl who works on service reception) to get them to look at the central locking, because although the car would lock on the key, using the fob it made a 'clunk' but wouldn't lock the drivers door.

She warned me things like that could be expensive to fault find, so I said well if they find anything, give me a ring before repairing.

When I went to collect my car I asked Kelly if they had found the problem. She told me "The mechanics looked at it but couldn't find anything".

I was a little surprised at this response considering all the diagnostics and expertise they were supposed to have.

Anyway, a few weeks later the continuing problem annoyed me so much I decided to try and find out myself. I managed to get the door card off using a screwdriver and was then surprised to see that the plastic sheet underneath had not ever been touched. For someone to 'look' at the problem, at the very minimum this would have needed to be disturbed. I peeled a little of this back and immediately could see the problem. A small screw had come loose which secured the locking actuator rod to the locking mechanism. It took me about 30 secs to rectify.

However, I was furious. It was obvious that someone at Tiley had lied.

Either Kelly had lied to me (as I suspect) or the mechanic she asked to look at it (if indeed she did) lied to her.

I wrote to the dealer principal detailing my complaint, but didn't even receive the courtesy of a reply. This kind of arrogance I find hard to stomach, especially when so much of my hard earned cash ended up in their pockets.

Its a shame, because there are some good guys working there and the parts department was always very helpful.

Mind you - perhaps the lies are just the tip of the iceberg. Tiley's Subaru have just been convicted of fly tipping and fined £3000, which I have to say is a joke considering the size of the dealership. Link to news article here:

Tiley of Bristol fined for fly tipping | Bristol News | This Is Bristol

I haven't taken my car there to be serviced since. If someone is prepared to lie about something small like that instead of apologising for forgetting, then what about more serious things.

In my book people are either reputable and honest or they are not.

Unfortunately Tiley's of Bristol fall into the dishonest and disreputable group.

Last edited by Rallyline; 03 February 2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05 February 2009, 11:54 AM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

I bought my car from Tileys last year and they have carried out all the work on my car, I have to say that I have ony ever recieved top quality service
Old 06 February 2009, 03:22 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Holy dead thread Batman,the thread is still alive!
Old 06 February 2009, 03:33 PM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

yeah right - I didn't read the dates of the original posts !!
Old 10 August 2014, 06:27 PM
Volvomanc70
Scooby Newbie

Default Tileys August 2014

We recently bought two cars from Tileys and before even buying, we were informed that they didn't take cards. We have since found out that the company is heading for liquidation. This could well explain why they prefer cash payments reflecting their honesty with the Tax Man. Maybe that same lack of honesty could well explain why they sold two vehicles to us with steering and brake faults. They obviously do not bother to inspect their cars before letting members of the public drive them on the road regardless if the warranty covers these issues or not.

We took our cars to a trusted local garage to be fixed as the warranties were clearly not worth the paper they were printed on.

STAY CLEAR!