Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scrote crashed into the back of my car and drove off!

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2001, 08:55 PM
Web Guru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Some ****** crashed into my rear end ealier and then just drove off!!

Angry does not describe how I feel right now. Luckily I have witnesses who noted the reg so I guess I can only hope the driver was insured and the car wasn't stolen!

It was quite a hard hit in the left rear corner Ill try and get pic up does anyone know how easy it is to damage the chasis and general geometry?

Pete
Old 16 September 2001, 09:35 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

You'll be amazed how robust these Imprezas are!!

I got side-swiped and NO damage to the chassis at all, just the doors and sill.....

Best of luck m8

Dan
Old 17 September 2001, 10:21 AM
TopCat
Scooby Regular

Pete sorry to hear that m8, hope you catch the bastd!!!

see you around

Moe
Old 17 September 2001, 10:38 AM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Angry

You also want to hope that the car is actually registered at the address of the guy who owns it. If it is not then you have absolutely no chance of finding the person and the police won't try to find them for you.

Few months ago friend got knocked off his motorbike by a hit and run and got the reg number and had a witness. At first police did nothing and after lots of hassle from my friend sent the driver of the car a letter which he had 28 days to respond to. Police obviously got no reply and after lots more hassle from my friend finally sent an officer to the cars registered address (Nearly 3 months after the incident). Guy who answered the door said he had no knowledge of the car or the owner so that was case closed.

So if you want to get away with all speed camera/hit and run incidents/parking tickets/etc. all you need to do is buy a cheap car and either register it at a false address or just don't bother registering it in your name at all (give a false name and address to the person you are buying it from) then after a year or so when it is knackered leave it by the side of the road somewhere and just repeat the process.
Old 17 September 2001, 10:50 AM
Neil F
Scooby Regular

You have my utmost sympathy mate; samething happened to me a few months ago.
It leave you feeling gutted doesn't it?

Neil.
Old 17 September 2001, 03:37 PM
Octane Man
Scooby Regular

Red face

On a similar note, I waas unfortunate enough on Friday to reverse my Scooby into a Neighbours car. He parks directly opposite my driveway and sometimes it's a right pain getting out, I had a car full of people and was paying attention to a car coming down the hill. I reversed back and crunch, Ooops... I got out and was surprised what damage had been done.

My Scooby has got a bit of paint missing of the bumper and a broken lense which I've managed to replace without cost. The neighbours car (VW Polo) has had it's passenger door pushed in like a coke can. I apologised profusely whilst he swore quite a bit, understandable...

I was expecting a lot more damage to my car than what I actually saw, getting the bumper sprayed sometime next week.

O.M.

Old 17 September 2001, 06:21 PM
zoog
Scooby Regular

Wink

Teach the git to park selfishly near you driveway.
Old 17 September 2001, 07:01 PM
navigator
Scooby Regular

i have a gits girlfriend who does exactly the same .
last friday i hit her car fortunately minor scratch.So what does she do she doesn't move it up or down the road out the way.Oh no too much effort to walk 10 yds... she parks in almost the same place but on the pavement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So now people can walk into it in the dark or risk death by walking in a dark road around the car.
ignorant some people. So selfish and lazy.

Whilst i'm on a rant. the git himself never has to open the front door of his parents house he sits in the car and hoots his horn til mummy opens the front door for him and then he scuttles in. hence my nickname for him "the Scuttler"
unbelievable.