Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a few clarifications on the terrorist chrisis

Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2001, 11:16 AM
wall
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just returned to Scoobynet to find a bit of hobbie-related relief after a few tense days spent working on the US crisis due to business connections. Unsurprisingly, most talk here is also surrounding the situation. As a long time member I wouldlike to share some information with you, which emerged after brainstorming with people involved in the crisis. This is in the hope of allewiating you and your families worries, not by bringing good news but at least by sharing some knowledge. Knowing what we are facing brings at least some preparedness. The unknown is far more scary.

1 - Osama BL is the coca cola of terrorism. He's just too well known by everyone. And that makes him too good to be true. How convenient it is, every time there is a major terror attack, to have this guy that everyone knows, that sends videos of himself training the people, that is fanatical, that openly talks of his hatred and intentions, that leaves clues behind, and that happens to reside in the one country that no other major power cares if it gets attacked by the US.
If the US attacks Afganistan and Osama, it will get a bunch of terrorists but it will also just eliminate a set-up scapegoat, involved yes, responsible no.

2 - there will be no use of nuclear weapons as that would be in breach of a multitude of international pacts. Furthermore, the type of enemy precludes the use of NWs as a suitable means of eradication.

3 - there should be a number of non-military strikes to intelligence-sourced groups which are harbouring in a number of mid-east states and also western countries. These clean-up ops will not always be made public, and they could happen in all our neighbourhoods.

4 - the real nuclear threath comes from the terror groups themselves, as they are allegedly in possession of over 10kg of radioactive material acquired from the russian mafia from a ussr power station, and that can be easily converted to a hand-deployed NW device that can be carried in a suitcase. It is unlikely that such device could reach the US, but it could be deployed in Europe and the mid-east.

5 - all actions must have a political and social balance favouring support, or at least understanding, by the muslim countries. Anything short of that mark would be futile, as the children we have seen rejoicing in the streets will be ready to continue operations in a few years. Their leaders, parents, and in turn them, must be positively supported and involved if there is a hope to change the mindset for generations to come.

6 - the financial and logistic backers might be far closer to home than the US and UN care to, or can, contemplate. An example? Noticed how, just as the US and the world was beginning to withdraw support from XXXXXXX against the muslims, and accusing XXXXXXX of being the aggressor, all of a sudden this major terror attack happens, turning US and the whole western world against the muslims again..... What about the too good to be true clues found in the airport car park?
We can't say that any of the above is suspicious let alone true, but this is far greater than an Osama BL, and this is a game of smokescreens, economics and politics: who can ever say what the real truth is and will be?

I hope I've helped share some light on possible developments of the situation. The economic impacts will be what will afffect us the most hopefully, and with the massive US spending which has been approved this might in fact cause an economic leap out of what, pre-attack, seemed a looming recession.
I certainly hope so, as I am currently looking for a new role, in what is a very depressed market.
I think we will be able to worry about Scoobs and the power of the new Sti for years to come. At least I fervently hope.

Wall

[This message has been edited by wall (edited 14 September 2001).]