Sponsored by:

URGENT Help - Scoob Service History Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2002, 09:02 AM
JayCole
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guy's,

What do I do, I've had my service history stolen for my P1!

I still have the V5 document and the actual service book that gets stamped (kept in different place at home) but no invoivce's of whats been done on the services.

It's funny cos my bro in law was looking at buying an Audi TT the other day and it turns out it was ringed and the history they had for it was stolen from someone else house who owned a TT - They used the history to copie all the VIN numbers etc.

What do I do - If I ever want to sell the P1 now I don't really have FSSH!

Oh and watch out for a P1 thats probally been ringed! Any advise please !
Old 23 October 2002, 09:05 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Cool

Contact the garage where you had the car service. They'll almost certainly be able to print duplicates of the service invoices. That's what I did when I lost a couple of my invoices - Pete at Scoobysport just printed me a couple more copies off.
Old 23 October 2002, 09:07 AM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Jay the service book is stamped I take it, so it still has proof its been serviced. The dealer who services will probably be able to supply you with copies of the service receipts etc.
Have you been burgled or has someone you let into your home taken these. Sure you haven't just misplaced them ??

Jas
Old 23 October 2002, 09:16 AM
JayCole
Scooby Regular

No, I had to go to Heathrow last night and (I don't usually do this) had left my rottie shut in a room but didn't lock the back door, Came home to find dog going mad and went to check the house to see if anything was up and all my paper work where most of my scooby history is kept was all messed up and the SH had gone.

Nothing else was taken at all - luckily - The key's to my pug 106 gti were in the same room too

Whoever it was knew I had a scoobie and new exactly what they were after.

The service book is stamped but I have never serviced the car myself as I only had it a few weeks. It's been serviced by previous owner @ Cheam Motors Scooby dealer so not sure if they will issue replacement invoices.

Police said they'd do what they can but i'm not holding out on them being found.
Old 23 October 2002, 11:59 AM
Fullonloon
Scooby Regular

Question

Er hello, points finger to previous owner?
Old 23 October 2002, 12:03 PM
JayCole
Scooby Regular

What the previous owner would have come and nicked it? Doubt it - Can't see why he'd do that.
Old 23 October 2002, 12:09 PM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Question

It's been serviced by previous owner @ Cheam Motors Scooby dealer so not sure if they will issue replacement invoices.
Can't see why not. If the car belongs to you then I'm sure they'd be willing to help.

The stamps in the service book may not be enough to please warranty claims or prospective buyers. I know of at least 2 servicing places that would quite happily stamp a service book even if they'd not done the service, and also the stamps aren't exactly hard to forge. Most sensible people would ask to see the actual receipts for the work done...
Old 23 October 2002, 12:16 PM
JayCole
Scooby Regular

Thats what I'm worried about - I'm gonna ring Cheam motors later to see if they can help me
Old 23 October 2002, 01:06 PM
ripmaze
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I think (but wait to be proved wrong) that Subaru UK have a central computer which stores all this sort of information (servicing, owner info, warranty violations etc.) so you should be able to get proof of your services from that.
Old 23 October 2002, 02:15 PM
JayCole
Scooby Regular

Rang Cheam Motors -

They will re-print invoices but as they were invoices in the previous owners name I need the previous owner to send them a letter saying they agree for me to get re-prints. Just hope I get hold of the guy I bought the car from

The guy I spoke too said it wont actually take any value off the car as I still have the book thats got the dealer stamps.

Shall I bother trying to get in touch with previous owner based on what Cheam Motors have told me?
Old 23 October 2002, 02:19 PM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Why not ask Cheam for a letter confirming that the car has a FSSH as done by them, so that you've got proof from them? The letter could explain that the invoices are confidential, hence the reason you can't get a copy? 4-5 lines on Cheam headed paper would probably solve your problems.
Old 23 October 2002, 03:18 PM
Fullonloon
Scooby Regular

You need to be on the lookout for a car similar to yours then that is on the market. Full service history on cars nowadays is mandatory unless it's low value or you know it's history.

Stealing and selling false histories are big business.