Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Cousin was in one of the TOWERS, He's ALIVE!

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2001, 04:42 PM
GTIGUY
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

My cousin and I visit this great site daily, I don't really post much.. I thought you all may want to hear a miraculous story.. My cousin was working on the 77th floor of the second building hit, about 2 floors below where the plane entered.. He told me he looked out the window and saw flames and fragments pouring down from the first tower, he grabbed his co-worker and headed to the stairs. He said the stairwell was pretty empty when he first entered it, but quickly started to fill...by the time he got to the 50th floor the announcement came over the P.A. system to GO BACK to your offices, there was NO danger in the building.. at that point he told me quite a few people headed back up to there offices.. He was at the 30th floor when he heard a deep boom,(the second plane hitting).. and the floor began to move.....he was able to continue down the last 30 floors and get out.. He had no idea his building was hit until he was 5-10 blocks away and turned around and saw the hole and flames. I left work at 9:30am, to head home to get his cell number, I did not receive a definitive call from family members until 4:30 pm... It was absolutely horrible waiting all day, I was preparing myself for the worst, I was sure he was not alive,- it was without a doubt a miracle he made it, like my mother said, " our family has been spared."
_______

Old 12 September 2001, 04:51 PM
evo kid
Scooby Regular

its nice to hear a little bit of good news after all that has gone on .

there must be hundreds of familys still waiting for there phone calls .
Old 12 September 2001, 05:03 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Cool

glad to hear that m8.

must have been a very long day waiting to find out.
Old 12 September 2001, 05:04 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

That's great news about your cousin

I hope to god that no-one died as a result of listening to the PA and going back to their office.
Old 12 September 2001, 05:07 PM
Rob Mo
Scooby Regular

thanks....

1 person is very insignificant against this ****....but It is releiving to hear something good happened to somebody. and that his actions taking his co-worker with him, saved his buddies life......

You have made me feel a bit of warmth, that somebody in that god damned place made it, and I am happy for your family.

good luck, and thanks again...

rob
Old 12 September 2001, 05:34 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Hey GTIGUY Nice of you to share some good news out of this terrible tragedy. Years ago I lived in Rockville, MD, just North of DC (and still have some friends there) and spent some days working in the Pentagon (no not heavyweight govt stuff - putting up shelving!!). Good luck. David

[This message has been edited by David Lock (edited 12 September 2001).]
Old 12 September 2001, 05:40 PM
shunty
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

it puts things REALLY into perspective in life doesn't it.....

GREAT NEWS

shunty
Old 12 September 2001, 06:10 PM
Pete_UK99
Scooby Regular

Thank God he was ok. I read in Metro today that people were all leaving the 2nd tower and one man got to the lobby where he met his wife who also worked in the 2nd tower. As they were about to leave they heard the annoucement that it was safe to go back to work so they did. minutes later the plane hit. The man escaped but he hasn't seen his wife since. How awful must that be.
Old 13 September 2001, 12:04 AM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

My wife has a cousin in the NYPD (she is ok) and an uncle who is a fire chief and a cousin in the fire department who we have as yet to hear from
We are just praying that he is too busy to get in touch

There is an horrendous story about an Irish man who escaped one of the towers only to hear his sister and her daughter were on one of the planes that hit the towers

This tragedy seems to be reaching out and touching every one on the planet
Old 13 September 2001, 01:32 AM
Necromancer
Scooby Regular

Good to hear your cousin survived. My cousin also works in Manhattan and saw the whole thing. What a terrible sight to experience first-hand.

I can't imagine how the guy who made the PA announcement, if he's still around, feels...
Old 13 September 2001, 05:30 AM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I'm sincerely pleased to hear your good news.

A friend of a friend is hoping for similar news about his Sisters who work on the 57th floor.

Josh
Old 13 September 2001, 10:11 AM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Another good thing about this, is that it shows it was possible to escape. It is reasonable to assume that a lot more people got out.
Old 13 September 2001, 11:51 AM
lpitt
Scooby Regular

It's really horrible.

I had a bit of a panic because my sister works for JPM in NY. After the hit all mobiles were out so I SMS'd her. A while later she came back to say she was Ok, work had shipped her to Boston for a emergency meeting a earlier (phew).

Spoke to some of her friends though, they still have missing colleagues. Also some saw the whole event from office windows

Laurence
Old 13 September 2001, 05:50 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

We've got a guy over at the mo who works for our Manhattan office (in midtown thank god). His dad (who is an electrician) was working on the 70th ish floor when the plane hit. He also reported that half way down the stairs an announcement told everyone to go back as there was no danger

Matt