Sponsored by:

One rule for them? One rule for us?

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2002, 12:08 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Went round a corner (it's a busy junction)tonight following a police meat van, where there is a one way street straight after the corner, the police van slowed down when it realised a car reversing down the one way street, thought why didn't the van stop only to realise the car reversing down was a bmw police car. I slammed on the brakes as i nearly crashed into him as he was reversing quite fast, soon as he saw me he sped off the right way.... Surely if i was that car i would of been pulled over.

Your views?
Old 15 October 2002, 12:25 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Could be a million & one possibilities, most of them legitimate I'd say. too little to go on really.
Old 15 October 2002, 12:59 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

the junctions pretty busy and was not safe for him to reverse out in that way, his lights weren't on either! quite a dark corner as it's near some great big wall tall house.
Old 15 October 2002, 06:52 AM
BruceWarne
Scooby Regular

Angry

What are you guys' problem with your police force? At least they are doing their job better than cops in most other countries. So quit complaining about them the whole time!
Old 15 October 2002, 07:00 AM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Talking

Totally agree with you there m8, in manchester the other day, walking down near Habitat, and there is a police meat wagon parked up, fair enough I thought as the area is a one way street and you usually get posh folks parking in the no park areas so it's easy pickings you see!! Anyway walked passed the police van, and no one was in it, just parked up, then plod appears from a local florists with a big bunch of flowers saying to his chum "These look lovely, I know the girlfriend will love them" Oh, I'm sorry, if I park there I'd get a bl00dy ticket!! Couldn't believe it, even the missus was disgusted.

Doesn't it pi$$ you off as well when you see them driving BM's and Mercs etc, whats wrong with Fords and Vauxhalls etc, it might save us(the tax payer) a bob or two, oh yeh, and Evo's as well to catch the speeding bikers[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

CRAFT
Old 15 October 2002, 09:13 AM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

They must have sold most of the police cars in my area as you see one a month if you are lucky. I reckon they have one person now who hands out crime numbers and another to change the film in the cameras, they must be making a fortune .
Old 15 October 2002, 10:41 AM
Barnaby
Scooby Regular

The police drive under exactly the same laws that you or I do unless they are on a call. The reason they get away with doing things like that is that most traffic police would turn a blind eye.

I heard a story once of a traffic policeman that is victimised by another force because he stopped one of their officers for speeding!
Old 15 October 2002, 11:40 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anybody see that program about someone called john?? copbusters or something...

David