Sponsored by:

Need some advice!

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2002, 02:31 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Firstly why are you driving close enough to have maybe brushed another car with your front bumper!

Quit worrying about it and start driving more sensibly..

Not saying you were but I hate the way that people driving fast think this means they have to be 2feet away from everyone else..

It is unlikely you scrapped someone with your front bumper without you seeing unless you had your eyes shut at the time..

Probably a parking incident.

JGM

[Edited by Jolly Green Monster 2 - 10/8/2002 2:34:42 PM]
Old 08 October 2002, 02:24 PM
Wuss
Scooby Regular

Angry

Was it me or did someone else hit my car???

I was changing lanes from middle lane to the left lane when I felt a slight bump. I asked my wife if she had felt anything but she hadn't noticed anything. I pulled up in the inside lane and waited for the lights to change and then continued on my journey into London. When I got to my destination I noticed that there was, and still is, a scratch on the bumper!

Now, one of two things must have happened:

1) I must have brushed past the car in front of me which I think was a volvo. However, the guy didn't even react and certainly didn't get out of his car or pull over. If I did hit him he didn't even notice.

2) Someone hit me in the car park at work.

To be honest the damage to my bumper is little more than annoying but I am more concerned about option 1) having occured and the poor sod who thinks I hit his car and then drove off.

What should I do? Call the police, tell my insurance company, forget about it or what?

In July 2000 a guy hit my car and drove off so I know what it's like and I would never do it to anybody. Unfortunately, I don't have the guy's number plate and I don't even know the type of volvo he was driving.

If anyone can give me some sound advice I would appreciate it.

A very worried,

Wuss.
Old 08 October 2002, 02:40 PM
Wuss
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

JGM,

I didn't explain it very well. I was standing at the traffic lights behind this car and I realised that I needed to be in the left lane. It was while changing lanes that I must have brushed him. The strange thing is that I was doing no more than 2 or 3 mph and I thought I was no where near him. It's the first time in 13 years of driving that I have hit another car and I am not one of those people who drive up other car's a*rses at 90 mph!

I think I'm mainly concerned about the possibility that he reports me for 'failing to stop at the scene of an accident' when I would never dream of doing something like that.

W.
Old 08 October 2002, 02:47 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
I'd forget it to be honest. If he'd felt it, he'd have come after you don't you think?! Just put it down to experience and don't do it again!! OR If it'll make you feel better, ring the police, tell them what happened and how concerned you are. They will prob tell you forget it as well if no one has been in touch!! Don't panic, worst thing they will do is take a statement!!
Old 08 October 2002, 02:48 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

No point worrying about it.. you cannot contact him..

How long ago did it happen?

Unlikely he got your reg and I doubt the Police would be interested in a small knock like that.

About a week after it is reported you would receive a letter to the cars registered address asking who was driving.. if it has been two weeks then panic no more, in theroy..

JGM
Old 08 October 2002, 02:49 PM
Tommy 2000
Scooby Regular

However, the guy didn't even react and certainly didn't get out of his car or pull over. If I did hit him he didn't even notice.
...so quit worrying!
Old 08 October 2002, 02:49 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

PS: If it makes you feel better you can pay for my rear bumper to be resprayed?!

Trending Topics

Old 08 October 2002, 02:56 PM
Wuss
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

LOL at JGM!!!

Thanks for the posts guys, it certainly helps a lot.

The damage to his car would probably have been inignificant as I think his bumpers were black and not coloured.

I know I sound a bit pathetic, but you know what it's like when something like this happens. You spend the whole day cursing yourself, worrying about what might happen and wishing that you had never done it in the first place!!!

However, I may not have done it at all - it's the uncertainty that's killing me.

He could be reporting me to the police right now and he may have taken my number plate, who the hell knows?!

I guess I will just have to wait and find out.

W.