ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's it Worth?!

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2002, 04:27 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I've aquired a 'one off' Scooby. WRX SA Manual. These models were produced in 94 and all were auto. Mine was first registered in Japan in 93 and it looks like it was made as a manual on the production line. Probably to order. Any Idea's what it may be worth?! It's registered over here on an M plate for some reason!
Old 07 October 2002, 04:57 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
Come on!! There must be one clever Herbert that knows how much these things sell for!!!

Old 08 October 2002, 02:34 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Well, how disappointed am I?! 98 views and not one reply. Gutted!!
Old 08 October 2002, 03:17 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Talking

Because it's a freak, it's probably worth less than you think

I reckon that is why there are no answers as to value, no one really knows. I don't think you could use it as a sales point when you come to sell, because chances are that the buyer wouldn't know his WRX's from his STi's from his Type R's to his type RA's.
I certainly had not heard of a Type SA before (Not that i'm a font of all scoob knowledge you understand )

I've never come across someone (OOER ) with an automatic Turbo before, let alone someone with a manual turbo wanting an automatic.

Mind you, i reckon you'd get a bit extra for the "pink" mud flaps and the lightweight advantage of it not having any side skirts

As a start point for you though, see how much a similar age/mileage wagon is and maybe add a few hundred quid for the novelty factor, unless on your quest of discovery you find out that it was infact a limited edition or the car was specially made for someone famous, then add as much as you like to it

Mikey
Old 08 October 2002, 03:27 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Talking

A freak?! Perhaps to match it's present owner!! Oh well, thanks anyway!! Oh and for the record...... I'd never buy an auto. What a waste of time!!