Wink

Double post, sorry.

JGM

[Edited by Jolly Green Monster 2 - 10/3/2002 12:27:09 PM]
Old 03 October 2002, 06:33 AM
Stuart J
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atatched is an "extract" of a email I recd from IM having asked IF they had any intention of bringing the new STI wagon into the UK, my local dealer having been suitably vague (disinterested). The slightly worying bit is that Subaru may not even be making it. How can I find out ? cus I want one

-------------------------------------------------------------------

answer your queries. Information about the new Impreza has only just been made available to them. (this meant dealers)
A European wide embargo was placed on all materials relating to the car, until it had received its official European launch at the Paris Motorshow on Thursday of last week.
The dealers have since received official press packs and images and there are further images available for their use on our dealer extranet.
The vehicle will receive its UK launch at the 2002 Motorshow, along with the brand new Forester. Please come and visit us in Hall 2 if you get the chance and see the Impreza up close.
I am sorry to say that there are no plans to produce a 5 door version of the STi Type UK, nor does the factory, to my knowledge, produce a 5 door STi for the home market.
The new WRX model does now output some 225 PS and your dealer will be able to advise on any performance upgrade options that may be
available.

Old 03 October 2002, 10:05 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

So, basically, get a WRX Wagon and get PPP put on it.

The 'old' well 2001 - 2002 STi Wagon was really just a wagon with the STi engine and I guess interior bits. It did not have flared arches, front suretrac diff, ally wishbones, brembo brakes, and a few other things, I think, that the saloon got as standard in STi trim. It is a pity as I feel that a wagon with the same spec as the saloon would have been a winner, plus the 'classic' STi wagon's were the full strength versions, so it's not like it is anything new that they would be doing.

Would I get an STi Wagon? hmm, well, I don't need the wagon these days, but, there is something rather enjoyable about taking on other performance cars when you are driving an ickle jap estate car
Old 03 October 2002, 10:13 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool

Well, prehaps FHI/STi could do a "special" with all the STi bits in a MY03 WRX wagon

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Old 03 October 2002, 10:48 AM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Cool

Ditto PTMW
Old 03 October 2002, 12:00 PM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

You can buy a STi wagon import. My local import centre has on for sale in the autotrader, but I guess you knew that and wanted a UK one ??
Well here is the address anyway

Jason.

http://www.car-imports-direct.com
Old 03 October 2002, 12:24 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

They are shooting themself in the foot surely by not doing the STi wagon.. the engine is already gone through the emissions tests in the 4door etc.. the 5door is proven etc..
The 5door takes nothing away from the 4door in exclusivity so why are they not doing it?

There is obviously a market for it and surely the number of PPP's they have fitted to wagons would highlight this..

Another mistake like not making the MY01 look like the MY03 in the first place IMHO..

JGM
Old 03 October 2002, 01:30 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Cool

I'd have an STi wagon, but not a saloon.

Weird eh?
Old 03 October 2002, 02:25 PM
ariel
Scooby Regular

i'm with Barry. Maybe the Mazda concept will do the job then.
Old 03 October 2002, 02:35 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Problem is that the JDM STI wagon really isn't a patch on the saloon - no diffs, no wide track, etc... as has already been said

FHI- please can we have a decent STI wagon?
Old 03 October 2002, 02:39 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Agree with Chiark..

come on!!

JGM
Old 03 October 2002, 03:50 PM
gregjd
Scooby Regular

I'd have one too. Japan seems to have no problem with hot/tarted Wagons found this one as well as the STi... http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/typeEURO/top.htm

They even call it a "Type Euro" for Christsakes!

Love the look of the Blitzen Estates too on there. Did I hear it rumoured a hot Legacy was coming our way via IM?

Greg
Old 03 October 2002, 04:23 PM
RichieB
Scooby Regular

Smile

Saab are bringing out an Aero version of the new 9-3 in 4 wheel drive / Wagon format, next year, I am reliably informed. Should be 230 - 250bhp in standard form, and by all accounts the 4WD system will be pretty special, perhaps to pave the way for a re-entry into the Rallying arena....If you want a wagon, you might want to have a look at this one, if you can wait. Saab's turbo engine is also tough and very tuneable. FYI. Cheers, Rich
Old 03 October 2002, 09:58 PM
Stuart J
Scooby Regular

Didnt IM used to import Saabs, perhaps they should take note
Old 04 October 2002, 10:54 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Cool

Problem is the pricing. SAAB wil be way more than any Subaru.

Yep Mazda6 MPS is looking better daily, at the right price of course.
Old 04 October 2002, 11:33 AM
RichieB
Scooby Regular

Cool

Barry...don't write it off on price...the new 9-3 Aero is only 22 thousand odd quid. The 4wd might be a thou more in wagon back. I think you'll see prices competitive as I understand Saab want to mop up the performance market. There's a lot of competition out there now. I am delighted to see Saab taking performance and handling seriously again. They have the longest experience of turbocharging and are way ahead of most others.

Cheers,

Rich
Old 04 October 2002, 12:10 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Aren't Saabs famous for crap handling though?
Old 04 October 2002, 03:33 PM
Stuart J
Scooby Regular

and winning loads of ralies