ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Zymol & new Impreza

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2000, 03:29 PM
Dave25
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

New MY00 DBM Impreza being picked up on 1st March and am naturally going to be protectively clucking over it like mother hen.

Part of this will be washing / waxing. Having read all the glowing recommendations for Zymol products there can be no other choice in the matter.

Question is, what is going to be the best way to care for the car from new? Am concerned that I shouldn't use something like the HD Cleanse for a while as there will be no point considering that the car will be new. Am I completely wrong?

My car has arrived and is in the dealers pound ( outside ) and the sales guy says they will give it a clean up before delivery. Should I let them do this or ask them just to leave it dirty so I can do it properly myself? Dealer has not said whether it will just be cleaned or cleaned / waxed etc.

Also, is there still SIDC discounts / benefits as I was going to join and any discount would go some way towards SIDC membership.

Hope this isn't an idiotic post - have read some of the schedules for cleaning / washing but not seen any recommendations on what to do from new.

Thanks in advance.

Dave.
Old 11 February 2000, 03:41 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
just drop mark a line at zymol, the guys a star and will be happy to help you.
Old 11 February 2000, 04:18 PM
Subarussian
Scooby Regular

Dave,

I've just got an e-mail from Mark Underwood. They offer 20% discount to SIDC members. You can request a catalogue and prices by e-mailing him at u_mark@hotmail.com

Happy waxing!

Subarussian
Old 11 February 2000, 09:45 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Dave25

Thanks for wanting to use zymol from the outset on your pride and joy.

Yes, although the car is new you WILL have HD Cleanse the car to remove contaminants etc and also the products that your dealer will use in preparing the car.

HD Cleanse is so safe you can use it on fresh paint. It contains zero abrasives and zero petroleum distallates. therefore utterly butterly safe.

After cleansing you wax the car and wax on a regular basis. Important too to use a detergent free shampoo that will not strip your wax.

You have my email or you can call me 0800 0741608.

Pleasure to help you out.

Regards