Sponsored by:

Trouser Wetting Time!!!

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2001, 09:03 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Just in case we all become complacent with the handling of our Scoobs.
On my way to Glasgow the other evening from NW Scotland. Good road - straights, twisty but driven it many times before.
Approached a left hander that was a bit of an up/down as you went round and as I hit the crown of the bend felt the car lose traction. Lucky enough nothing coming as I shot across the road, hit the verge, managed to get back onto the road, hit the other verge, corrected again and then snaked down the road for about 150yds before i got the car under control. Talk about **** yourself? Nearly had to stop and demist the windows as I nearly wet the seat. I've had a couple of small skids before but nothing like this. Even did the skid school training at Knockhill which I think may have saved me writing the car & myself off. I was'nt doing a ridiculous speed as I have taken this bend at the same speed before. So just a word of warning - traction on the car is excellent but you can still come unstuck. Could have been oil ore something on the road but must admit drove slower for the rest of the journey than ever have before.
Alasdair