Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why have all the bbs's become slagging point for others .....

Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2002, 01:41 AM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

There are a few threads going around ... ford blokes slag off scoobs, a few scoobnetters are going over to a another bbs and slagging them off.

Whats the point and where will it end. I thought the idea of the boards was to share information and relate to like minded people not take the p1ss. You can post wanting decent information and get no response, but post a my car is better than yours and soon 16 pages will be yours

Dave
Old 24 September 2002, 05:57 AM
ScoobyKev
Scooby Regular

Just take no notice

Regards

Kev..
Old 24 September 2002, 07:10 AM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Kev,

Its ok to take no notice but the whole bbs becauses tainted with the views of others. Somebody will say "those scoobynetters are ..." because of some people.

Dave.
Old 24 September 2002, 07:53 AM
SCOOBERATORS
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Ive got to agree with you Dave.The serious questions never get answered and its becoming more of a chat show.
It is a shame.

Try asking the questions on S.I.D.C
Old 24 September 2002, 08:47 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Talking

In my experience what usually happens is this.
1. This BBS is 'discovered' by a few people who have at one point in time beat an impreza on the road, they then post on here saying so.

2. People then get all defensive saying 'just wait till the corners, or can't have been trying etc etc

3. The orginial poster then gets miffed that he's being dissed so gets more agressive in his taunting

4. This then escalates etc etc etc etc

Eventually the new users goes away, o

Mod Mode on

If people responded in the same way as Jimi did in this post
http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadid=134612 then the pointless 'arguments' would cease and people who enjoy nice cars(of all marques) would find this BBS an even better place to stay.

Mod mode off

The people who respond in a negative fashion to 'I beat an impreza' style posts are usually insecure of themselves and of their abilities they have to try and put others down to make themselves look good. Unfortunatley, this is the same across all parts of life.

From the boss who puts down his team, because they could do a better job than him, to the BM driver who gets red mist because an upstart little jap tin box just blew him away.

So IMHO the answer is two fold.

1. Ignore the Mine Vs yours style posts. They do go away(usually to the muppet forum) If you stick your oar in, your contributing to the problem not trying to solve it(in spite of your intentions).

2. Adopt the Yoda approach to driving and posting on scoobynet.
Know you have the faster/better/sexier car, don't shout about it. Because as soon as you do, people will know that you dont.

[Edited by Neil Smalley - 9/24/2002 8:47:47 AM]
Old 24 September 2002, 08:52 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

The mods on the Ford Board would have had a better answer
Old 24 September 2002, 10:00 AM
Molds
Scooby Regular

Hey Mods, that thread above is great - what its all about. Bravo to the contributors to that thread.

Matt
Old 24 September 2002, 10:13 AM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Its pretty much like rivalry between local football clubs and so on. There of plenty of neutral or non-brand specific BBS's around such as EVO and Pistonheads etc if you don't want to get involved.

I find it amusing when the Evo/Cossie/Nova boys come on here and get a bashing I don't really take much of it too seriously

Aside from that I want to be able to share Subaru related information with the other members to help fix and upgrade the car and yes I do think it is a bit too chatty sometimes but the techincal forums are not too bad.

[Edited by Boost II - 9/24/2002 10:14:56 AM]
Old 24 September 2002, 12:44 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Wink

[tongue in cheek mode]
You have to accept that because you drive the best car in the world it is THE benchmark and if you dont have one you have to justify why you dont . A lot of people change cars as often as they change their socks and dont really appreciate the owning experience. In some cases it more like an extended test drive .
[/tongue in cheek mode]

Lets be fair the scoob doesnt really excel in any one particular area but as road car package there aint much that can touch it straight out of the box. Sure you get peopel who buy a cheap car and spend thousands on it just to out perform a scoob, fair enough, whatever floats your boat. The car I have suits me personally so I wont be buying a performance M3/EVO/FORD/Vauxhall/Porsche , well not this week .
Old 24 September 2002, 01:42 PM
stephen emery
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hi dave
got to disagree to a small level.
The constant banter makes me laugh.
why this happens , i can't understand.
Its like the old dear shape calling the new moden shape fugly when we all know it is beautifull. and faster around the bends
SILLY
don't realy care what peeps say about any motor , like scoobs,cossies, evos and most performance motors .
don't post on threads you don't like

steve