Sponsored by:

£6000 Sterling!!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2002, 08:28 PM
WhiteSTi3
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

What kinda Wagon can I expect to buy for my wife for this dosh????? I have been out looking today & am more confused.... Prices are ALL over the place! I am just looking for a pretty one that hasn't been crashed or the turbo works like it should! (Not like one I tried today) Another one I looked at said IMMACULATE in the AD, but when I got there, it had pin dents all down the drivers door & the rear bumper was pushed in about an inch! Makes me mad!! anything to get you to look at the car!
Old 21 September 2002, 10:18 PM
WhiteSTi3
Scooby Regular

bttt
Old 21 September 2002, 11:01 PM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

I just picked up a 94 import WRX wagon with reasonable history and 58k miles. Paid 6k for it. It came with a years full warranty cover and in mint condition with the exception of a missing parcel shelf. Car has 17" alloys, new tyres and full options (a/c, s/r, etc,like with most imports).

The others i looked at had either not enough history or too high milage. If you can stretch to 7k i'd do it though... you'll get something probably the same age but with 20000 less miles.

I could have propably got something better if i'd been willing to take one without a warranty or buy private so look around (i was way too desperate to get my hands on one so i was over keen to part with the cash.)

Good luck with your search anyway..

Marty
Old 21 September 2002, 11:16 PM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

Should mention another car i looked at. An P reg UK spec with 71k miles and full leather interior. It was spotless apart from a few small chips on the edge of the drivers door. Thought it was a bargain at 6 grand until the dealer told me there was NO history. Dunno how they managed that.. the car was only 6 years old.. it should have at least had the first 3 years service history to go with the manufacturers warranty... needless to say... i walked away from it (still really wanted the full leather though).

cheers,
Marty
Old 22 September 2002, 10:03 AM
NENO
Scooby Regular

Get some search action going fellaz...

If you go through the old posts in the for sale section you'll find that some people are still half-heartedly trying to sell there cars. At least that's what I did, found one that had been for sale for four months because the guy didn't really want to sell it and it wasn't in the best nick... Saved myself about three grand.

Mike