Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WRX QUERY

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2000, 11:08 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I visited Hughes Motor Co in Polle the other night and they have got a brand new WRX Saloon the query is that at has a low spoiler on it. WHY? It was for sale at £21.995 so its not as if it were a special order for a customer.
Old 08 February 2000, 11:25 PM
Penni Whitehead
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ron
Mine was a direct import and came in with a low spoiler MY99 came in this time last year. I quite like the low spoiler. If that's the price and that's a genuine price no other owner then it's an extremely good one - but I believe WRX is import and WRC is UK - someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I also believe it's only the STi's that come in with higher spoilers as standard, unless you specify differently when ordering the car.

The thing with Subaru is that you can literally write your own spec - you buy the basic car and then you're given a shopping list and you can literally do what you like to the thing - it's probably one of the few cars that you'll actually see so many variations on a theme.

[This message has been edited by Penni Whitehead (edited 08-02-2000).]
Old 09 February 2000, 12:52 AM
Penni Whitehead
Scooby Regular

Angry

So from what you guys are saying - I was seriously ripped off!
Old 09 February 2000, 06:07 AM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

Std WRX's have the low spoiler.
Tim
Old 09 February 2000, 09:23 AM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

RON,
I wouldn't recommend Hughes, they always seem very pricey and I had a service done there and it was like going to Kwik Fit. They didn't do anything particularly wrong it's just they weren't intersted in anything and could only just about be bothered to answer my questions with a yes, no or grunt. Having said that the price they quote does seem good but is it brand new?
Go to an importer, longer wait but save 000s.
Get a copy of EVO and in the directory is a list of importers, within a reasonable distance from you are: Crossroads Garage, David Hendry, Hallmarks (nr Newbury) and Park Lanae to name a few.
FYI STi Import list a New version 6 WRX at 22500 and an STi at 25500.
As I'm a bit bored I dug these out, have a look at URLs:
Old 09 February 2000, 11:19 AM
pwebb
Scooby Regular

price is way too high...
I know a dealer in the north west who has a new, unregistered WRX - (full jap spec) with Sunroof for just £18k on the road - mail me if you want the number...
maimailto:Paul.webber@avecia.com

Old 09 February 2000, 01:40 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

I don't think so Penni, you've had your WRX for a while now haven't you? 9months ish...
Hughes still want about 28k for a new STI. The value of the Yen makes loads of difference. Also that 18k sounds like an excellent price, not that I am looking anymore so don't really know how it compares.
The guy I used to import my car which was bought at auction said he could get new ones as well. He was selling EVOVIs for <25k, on the road UK price where most others wanted closer to 30k. I just depends on who finances the purchase/export. If someone else does it they want more money.
Old 09 February 2000, 01:48 PM
DAVE MARSH
Scooby Regular

Wink

I agree with Rich about Hughes. I bought my S/H UK turbo there, no problem but they dont appear very interested. I now go to Nicson Motor Sport for my services. In fact they will import for you. You should give them a look Ron. They're on Nuffield Estate, POOLE. Tel 01202 680337.