Sponsored by:

Transfering money to Dealer in Europe

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2001, 06:59 PM
Mark_TM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I am just about to order a new WRX from Keyring Cars through a dealer in Belgium, as the deposit and pre-delivery payment are paid through a bank transfer to the dealer in Belgium how can I be sure I am not going to lose my money.

Cheers
Mark

[This message has been edited by Mark_TM (edited 27 July 2001).]
Old 27 July 2001, 09:00 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Cool

Mark
My WRX is due to arrive in the next few weeks for September registartion. It was purchased through Keyring Cars.

Mark & Kate are top bananas and have personally visited every dealer they use. Mine is coming from Garage Troch in Belgium.

As far as losing your money goes it could just as easily happen in this country. All of the money bar the profit margin for the dealer is forwarded to Subaru Belgium who aren't exactly liable to go broke in a hurry. They have exported thousands of cars to this country.

I have had no problems at all with Keyring who offer a very good service. They basicaly run their company through reccomendations so they are unlikely to put you through to a duff dealer. They do not try an rip you off either, If extras are cheaper in this country they just tell you straight that they are.

Go on make the order, you won't regret it.

Nathan..

P.S. Not associated with Keyring, blah, blah, blah. Just a satisfied customer.
Old 28 July 2001, 12:40 AM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Mark,
basically - you cant !
you just have to trust, and take the step.
my Dutch dealer emailed me a copy of his bank statement showing my funds being placed in his account. goes a long way to reassure !
alan
Old 28 July 2001, 02:11 PM
Edward
Scooby Regular

Mark, Ordered a 2002 WRX through Keyring at the beginning of July. I transferred the deposit using Lloyds (cost £13) 03/07, received a receipt for the Belgium dealer a few days after and confirmation from Subaru Belgium last week.

Hope this info helps.

Edward.
Old 28 July 2001, 03:34 PM
Des
Scooby Regular

Went through the same thing when I got my car. If you are worried about the dealer being real, you can always check he exists in the country you are ordering from via the Subaru website. The dealers in Holland can be checked via their postcode for example (this assumes you know the dealers postcode).

Hope this helps

Cheers
Old 28 July 2001, 07:15 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ordered my MY01 in February. Used a company called currencies direct (www.currenciesdirect.com) they buy the money then fax you an invoice which you fill in with the bank account details and send back. You then post them a cheque for the money. It took about two days for Subaru Belgium to get the money no problem.

Enjoy!
Old 28 July 2001, 07:30 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

I ordered my car from Holland while I was in Australia. I paid a deposit to the dealers bank account by electronic transfer. I asked the dealer the same question and he said I would have to trust his word and that Subaru is a big company not a small backyard place. I kept my transfer fund receipt as proof and also when transfering the money the bank can see whose account it is I think from what I can remember. Any way I have the car now.

Go for it!!!!!!!!

WREXY.