ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Brand New Scooby Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2002, 10:51 PM
Type_RA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave,

No probs mate and no hard feelings. I have been critical of MY01s in the past firstly of the looks but there is plenty of scope for changing that if you wish. Secondly I just felt the UK WRX should have been engineered with 250bhp standard rather than having to bang an aftermarket kit on it, even if it was engineered by Prodrive. Also perhaps a conversion to take it from my desired 250bhp standard to 300. Again the STI should have had 300bhp to start with IMHO to compete with the EVO on power output.

I know for a fact if the UK WRX had come out with 250bhp and a 1600 kit on top to take it to 280-300bhp I would have a warranted and legal 280-300 MY01 WRX with altered front end on my driveway right now and wouldnt not have brought a grey import.

Just my view,

ChrisP

[Edited by Type_RA - 9/3/2002 10:54:11 PM]
Old 02 September 2002, 08:07 AM
TrueSTI man
Scooby Regular

Any proud owners of brand new scoobies on here wanna share their excitement and experiences of picking up a brand new out of the box scooby.
Old 02 September 2002, 09:23 AM
rshort2210
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

got my 02 sti uk with the prodrive body in may. 1st 1000 mls were as always frustrating but at least you can start to learn the car. now done 1600 mls & fitted prodrive back box....the fun has started
subaru have produced a fine car, and as for the 03, who gives a f*ck, in blue/black it looks the biz
the major thing that surprises me is the size of the flat spot lower down the rpm's, but easily solved by planting more foot towards the road!
Old 02 September 2002, 09:25 AM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

LOL I think they are all waiting for the MY03, I know I would if I was in the market. It would be stupid to buy an MY02 unless you got a seriously big discount.
Old 02 September 2002, 01:41 PM
stevenuk300
Scooby Regular

Bought the UK300 new last September, and have never regreted spending the £25k on the car and £1300 insurance money.
Now caught the bug and waiting for the new model to come out. As they only made 300 UK300's not sure if it will be a good idea to trade in or not. What do you reckon?
Old 02 September 2002, 01:49 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

Smile

I'd try to sell it privately if I were you mate. You will probably end up twa**ing the dealer with what he will offer you in part ex[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 02 September 2002, 09:06 PM
perry
Scooby Regular

Cool

Bought 2002 wrx in wr blue 4 weeks ago, just 100 miles to go til 1st service and then the fun begins. I know what you mean about waiting 'til the 2003 model is out, but I can't imagine this much: power,handling,reliability, build quality for £17750, brand new.
Old 02 September 2002, 09:15 PM
Type_RA
Scooby Regular

Steve UK300 if I was in your shoes mate I woudl hang onto the UK300 and wait for another UK special edition. The UK specials seem to hold their values quite well and you are better sellign privately if possible. Mechanical they may not be a huge difference between a UK300 and MY01 but i n the open market they are much more desireable. Anyway doesnt the UK300 have 300bhp and can do 300mph . I actually like the specials having a V-LTD import myself . Make then feel a bit well ... special .
Old 02 September 2002, 11:34 PM
ScottishMenace
Scooby Regular

Yes I love my Scooby Bug eyes and all there is nothing quite like the first few hours alone with your new toy. But it seems the Scooby Loving World is divided into those who love classics, those who have grown to love their bug eyes and those A holes like our Chrisp above who is intent on slagging off our wee bug eyes in favour of the unknown in MY03. Its that kind of attitude that contributes to our resale values remaining high NOT. Support your local Scooby eh
Anyway as I said, loved my new Scoob the minute I got it out the box, the fact its got an STI badge helps also. Live long and prosper all those with their shiny new toys.

Dave Allan
Old 03 September 2002, 07:07 AM
swan
Scooby Regular

On 18 June 2002 I send the following out to the SAIOG list:

Having spent my first weekend with the Scooby I thought I'd pass on my impressions on the perceptions for those that have had theirs for a while and for whom the novelty may have worn off.

WONDER.
That is the single word I think best sums up those that see it. I've had everyone from beggars at robots to kids in cars give a thumbs up or tell me what a nice car it is. People on their pavements or taking the baby for a stroll stop and turn to follow as you disappear in the distance.

FRIENDS.
I've had M3's and M Coupe's flash their lights or wave in greeting, guys I've never seen before and probably never will again.

HORROR.
That is the single work I think best sums up the feeling of BMW 5 and 7 series drivers. They either think I'm not going fast enough (in the middle or slow lanes) and/or need to cut me off to show how they can actually go faster.

As most/all of you probably know, this is not a car for those that want to blend it. Thus far having a Scooby is more than just owning a car, it's an experience.

Since then I must admit I haven't come across many "friends" beyond other Scooby's. When filling up and paying the bank I sometimes wonder what the hell was I thinking to have bought it. The answer comes every time I drive it.

Old 03 September 2002, 08:57 AM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Hi Dave Allan,

My other ID on here is Type_RA read the post above yours RE:UK300 .

On the change of model an old model depreciates when a new model comes out, we all know. As there a lot of talk about the MY03 I said IMHO I would wait about 3-4 weeks before I purchased a car to see the pictures from the Paris motorshow. I dont see that as slagging off anything if the guy can get a healthy discount then go for it. If he waits 3-4 weeks he may get a better discount due to the new model and dealers getting rid of stock or may prefer the new model as some people obviously have done in the past .

Sorry for trying to give my opinion and help someone out.

Cheers

ChrisP
Old 03 September 2002, 06:47 PM
ScottishMenace
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Chris

Yep OK see where you are coming from now. Thought it was just another I hate bugeye post when the thread was all about how good it feels in a new Scooby.

No hard feelings mate

Dave Allan