Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lucky 112mph speed escape!!!

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2002, 09:10 PM
skoobyRA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't think I'll be doing this again.On M5 today heading for Weston,plodding along about 80 in outside lane and noticed in mirror someone behind so thought I'd just put foot down a little just to pull ahead a bit,anyway just after was a bridge over motorway and yes you've guessed it who should be sat up there in their squad car,armed with radar gun,the old bill.Soon as I went under bridge the mrs said they were driving down sliproad so I started to slow and pull over to inside lane preparing for the worst as I knew I must have been doing over 100.As it happens the officer asked me how fast I thought I was doing and I admitted it must have been about 80'ish{hoping}He then asked if I looked at speedo at all and I said I was concentrating on the road.He informed me I should look down at it now and again in future as he had clocked me at 112mph.But he then said it must be my lucky day as from when he clocked me up until when he pulled me for some reason all the data on his radar gun had not stored for some reason.After saying how lucky I was he advised me to go straight to a shop and purchase a lottery ticket while my luck was still running!!Whether this was true or they just felt in a good mood I don't know but I am certainly counting my lucky stars tonight!!! Martin.
Old 25 August 2002, 09:44 PM
Moles Dad
Scooby Regular

Better get that lottery ticket
Old 26 August 2002, 01:00 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

now why couldn't I get one of those nice policemen/women
instead I got nuneatons Jobsworth
Old 26 August 2002, 09:45 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

Wot happened 2 u in Nuneaton then, i live there If yer in the area u wana kum to Cov area meet next Sunday?
Just wondered thou wot had happened 2 ya? I've not been pulled so far, must b kuz i'm driving like a saint lol
Si
Old 26 August 2002, 10:22 AM
Shona WRX
Scooby Regular

Talking

Did you get your lottery ticket then?
Old 26 August 2002, 10:31 AM
Davey P
Scooby Regular

If all of them were like that, they would get a lot more respect
Old 26 August 2002, 11:22 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

True i no all us drivers wood b a lot happier but in theory he was being incompetant, if it was him who lost the results, & i dont think we want increased police incompetance lol. Defo a good result 4 u & it wood seem they were indeed leaniant & accomodating than u usually hear about
Si
Old 26 August 2002, 11:33 AM
skoobyRA
Scooby Regular

Got me tickets,just wait and see on Wednesday night now.
Old 26 August 2002, 12:08 PM
Richie1
Scooby Regular

He then asked if I looked at speedo at all and I said I was concentrating on the road.
You hinted that you were actually not driving recklessly but you were paying attention to things around you.....

Old 26 August 2002, 01:40 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Scooby Si,
erm... M69. 108mph.. Laser.. no escape
Old 26 August 2002, 06:51 PM
ak47mh
Scooby Regular

Talking

Had one or two lucky escapes myself yesterday as well. While out for a spin on some of my favorite roads, I had five big bikes shoot past me! Anyway dropped it down to third gave chase and kept a safe distance behind just overtaking everything well into three figures along these lanes!! Pulled in for Petrol at the next garage and saw soon after two of the bikes being held at the roadside by a bike cop and details being taken! Good job I dropped out when I did!!

Then on the way back I usually boot it along this fantastic long stretch, which curves at the end! Anyway saw a Vauxhall Vectra in front of me which I thought might be an unmarked car and slowly crept up on him until we got to the end of the curve when my laser detector and diffuser starts going ape **** because another cop is pointing a laser gun straight ahead at us (Also another four big bikes beside him that look to have been pulled also)!! Laser diffuser or not though he would have definitely pulled me if I shot past at the speed I usually do!!
Old 26 August 2002, 09:17 PM
skoobyRA
Scooby Regular

I think also the fact it was just me and mrs in car and that I am not the youngest of scooby drivers around that helped the situation.I think it could have been different if it was a car full of younger people than me say.Of course I did happen to have my big scooby doo belted in back seat all kitted out in sun glasses and swrt cap so they could have thought that I had just lost all my senses completely. Cheers Martin