Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RB5 or Mercedes.....

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2002, 01:07 AM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As you will be aware - I'm selling my Integra - but need a car for occasional towing...
I love the RB5 - its probably the ultimate compromise - able to tow, performance, rarity etc... The Merc for sale is also a lovely (albeit a different car!) - awesome build quality, ability to tow, reliability, class car !

My dilemma is that I want a car that can be good for commuting to work, tow, but without the anxieties of crime when you park it up - the car will be parked on a street ..........yet still hae some performance to play with...

So should I just throw caution to the wind and go for an RB5 or be sensible and classy and go for that lovely merc ???

Over to the panel ......

Gastro
Old 24 August 2002, 10:48 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
RB5 everytime. This is unless the road it will be parked on is prone to TWOC or vandels.
Old 24 August 2002, 02:13 PM
suba
Scooby Regular

got to be a RB5 if you gonna be towing. if you got alarm on the car, should be OK where you are parked. ask "henry the cat" to keep an eye out for you .
Old 24 August 2002, 02:39 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Gastro,

Lets face it mate this is not the site to ask such a question !
Many cannot see past their Scoobs.
I have driven many Mercs and a Scoobs and to be honest, as a Scoob owner I would say.........go for the Merc. I have had my wagon for about 6 months now and had wanted one for about 2 years and am thinking of changing already.The build quality is worlds apart!(OK no one buys a scoob for quality) The RB5 does have the edge on the performance stakes but the Merc will be no slouch.
If you look at it from a re-sale point of view there is much more scope with the Merc, the more time that passes the more affordable the Subaru becomes and IMO all the more bad image and insurance problems will arise.

Paul