Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

time to confess?

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2001, 09:13 PM
andy.b
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok guys, here goes. I joined a couple of days ago..Andy.B. I own a dbm my00, oh did i say i am a Police Officer, a Traffic Police Officer. If you read what Mark from Tyres Npton has posted recently, it was me and my partner that he came out on a tour of duty with. I have been speaking with Simon DB about how to do this so here goes.
Old 17 July 2001, 09:23 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Andy
Welcome to Scoobynet (your Highness, in case I am passing through Northampton at warp 9 and make your acquaintance )

PS - did I respond anything against the law on your previous four posts?.....
Old 17 July 2001, 09:31 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Cool

...errrrm isn't Mark as shonky as they come??

Let me guess - u sort my tyres and I'll sort your speeding fines (nudge nudge wink wink)

Joke M'Lud - anyhoooo welcome aboard and I havent had a c*nt all night drinkstable - I promise
Old 17 July 2001, 09:37 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi Andy and welcome to scoobynet

I'm often in the Northants area so I'll look out for you, please don't look out for me, well, when you're at work anyway

Sal

Green MY96 UK, gold wheels, obeying all the speed limits at all times mostly except on that lovely bit of road between Daventry and Braunston.....ahem
Old 17 July 2001, 09:52 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Welcome aboard Andy.

I think it goes without saying that most of us could never do or see what you guys do day in and day out. We hate to see you when we've pulled over, but are more than glad to see you when we need you.

Expect to see lots of flak and questions regarding speeding etc etc, but I guess that goes with the job. Don't take it personally.

In general, I think it's important for people to appreciate that Andy has a day job and a life after the day job. So please don't go bombarding him with I got done for 31 Mph in a 30, what do I do questions.

Old 17 July 2001, 10:04 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Talking

scoobychick, over 2000 posts since February, do u ever get to drive your scooby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by scoobynutta555 (edited 17 July 2001).]
Old 17 July 2001, 10:12 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Welcome Andy,
You will love me last week when coming back from London my car hit 120+mph 3 times and also managed a 150+ mph.
Old 17 July 2001, 10:15 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Andy

Welcome to the fold

Word of advice - don't get drawn into the Muppet Forum Once there, you'll never come out

Would like to ask whether I could have a ride round with you sometime?? Thought I'd ask before anyone else got in

Another question... Do Rat stickers work in your manor??

LOL

Old 17 July 2001, 10:18 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Welcome to Scoobynet Andy.

OK, you met some of the dodgiest geezers already (Simon, Mark ) but in general we're an OK bunch

I wonder if we met BTW in TN's shack I remember Simon doing his citizen's duty and taking someone for a spin ?

Anyway, welcome again.

Theo [ugly foreign dude - you must remember ]
Old 17 July 2001, 10:20 PM
andy.b
Scooby Newbie

If i can help with a direction on something i will try. I am not the definitive guide to all things blue, and i cant except responsibility for any thing that you, or my colleagues might do. i do however enjoy my scoob as much as the next person.
Old 17 July 2001, 10:44 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Talking

Deleted a whole load of questions.

It can wait..........

[This message has been edited by Neil Smalley (edited 17 July 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Neil Smalley (edited 17 July 2001).]
Old 17 July 2001, 10:49 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Red face

Can i see your warrant card please.
Old 17 July 2001, 10:59 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Arrow

Neil

Give the chappie a break!!

He's a scoobynut who just happens to be a plod! I don't think he's a policymaker, but just a grunt. Therefore he's unlikely to be able to answer officially or unofficially (doh spelling) on your questions, as they refer to general policy decisions within his, & other areas.

I think he should (& probably he would) be liked to be treated as just another member of the community, not someone special in any way, & he has some knowledge that may help us all, as do other people on here. I think we (as scoobynet) would do well & best to treat Andy as just another human being & not abuse his interest in scoobs.
Old 17 July 2001, 11:00 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Any good at snooker Andy.
Old 17 July 2001, 11:06 PM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome!
Old 17 July 2001, 11:09 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!:
<B>Neil

Give the chappie a break!!

He's a scoobynut who just happens to be a plod! I don't think he's a policymaker, but just a grunt. Therefore he's unlikely to be able to answer officially or unofficially (doh spelling) on your questions, as they refer to general policy decisions within his, & other areas.

I think he should (& probably he would) be liked to be treated as just another member of the community, not someone special in any way, & he has some knowledge that may help us all, as do other people on here. I think we (as scoobynet) would do well & best to treat Andy as just another human being & not abuse his interest in scoobs.[/quote]

I was m8, I'm just curious as to what the police are feeling at the grass roots level.

All I read is police this and police that. I wanted to get some perspective on things. Are they feeling the same as most of britain's population. Is there anything we can do, as the public to help them overcome a rapidily declining image?

I know it's not going to change policy etc etc. But it may help change a few peoples minds, and that is where real change starts.

I was'nt out to harrass the guy, if it came out like that then i'm sorry. It was'nt meant like that. I want to Help, not harrass.
Old 17 July 2001, 11:14 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Talking

Neil

I know you do. Not sure he does yet. Poor chap is just beginning to get exposed to us lot - just got to keep him out the muppet forum...
Old 17 July 2001, 11:18 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!:
<B>Neil

I know you do. Not sure he does yet. Poor chap is just beginning to get exposed to us lot - just got to keep him out the muppet forum...[/quote]

Too Late Puff. Dave TS has posted.

Andy,

Check out the muppet forum.....
Old 17 July 2001, 11:24 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Wink

ok guys, here goes. I joined a couple of years ago..John.F. I own a silver my98, oh did i say i am an IT Manager, an Oracle IT Manager. If you read what Mark from Tyres Npton has posted recently, it was me and my plastic pig that he came out on a tour of duty with. I have been speaking with Simon DB about how to do this so here goes.

ROFLMAO

Welcome Andy, you wont get any special treatment round here cos your a copper.

PS. I still want to see your warrant card.
Old 17 July 2001, 11:38 PM
SDB
Scooby Regular

Andy

Welcome again.

Everyone.. I can tell you andy really is a decent bloke (he must be the only one!!! ), and has a genuine desire to get involved, both officially, and as a scoobynetter

There are some great things we've been discussing which may give us all the opportunity to put our thoughts and opinions on the safety camera issues, and many more...

but in the mean time, let's just welcome him aboard.

Unnoficially.. I can tell you that through my discussions with certain officers who I'll call, erm.. Andrew (which is a totally made up name of course!) I've found that there is not as much of a difference (if any) between our views of recent speeding policy and those of the police.

I have also found out that "Andrew" is unlikely to do more than around 10 people in a YEAR for speeding, but arrest maybe 60 - 100 people for all sorts of "real crime".

So he REALLY IS out catching "proper criminals" and solving "real crimes"!

Anyway.. enough of that.

All the best

Simon
Old 18 July 2001, 12:15 AM
skipjack
Scooby Regular

sorry i thought it was just the armed services that did tours of duty
Old 18 July 2001, 05:31 AM
Andy Winskill
Scooby Regular

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by johnfelstead:
<B>ok guys, here goes. I joined a couple of years ago..John.F. I own a silver my98, oh did i say i am an IT Manager, an Oracle IT Manager. If you read what Mark from Tyres Npton has posted recently, it was me and my plastic pig that he came out on a tour of duty with. I have been speaking with Simon DB about how to do this so here goes.
[/quote]

My sides still hurt

Shame about the Oracle bit

So Andy (Can I join the queue to kiss your boots? Your highness ), is it true if you go through a speed camera at 125mph+ it can't get the second flash off and hence you can't get caught? Call me chicken but I don't want to try it....

Got to say I concur with Neil - got to admire the work you (and your collegues in other divisions) do, along with firemen/ambulance etc etc Hope I never need your services, but dam pleased to know you're there.

Can I jump the queue now? Oh, Andy, I've got a GM MY00, no rat sticker.....
Old 18 July 2001, 07:44 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

[This message has been edited by Dave T-S (edited 18 July 2001).]
Old 18 July 2001, 09:30 AM
MattOz
Scooby Regular

Smile

Andy,

Welcome aboard. Hopefully there will be the odd sensible question from the throng on here, but take most things with a pinch of salt. Especially if they've come from that Felstead fellow!

Matt

BTW, That's definitely a Road legal exhaust on my Aprilia!
Old 18 July 2001, 09:59 AM
Stelios
Scooby Regular

Andy welcome and please disclose all police frequencies to the scoobynetters over there!
Ahh no **** licking from me m8, I live abroad so u ll be getting unbiased opinions bout police officers from me (catch my drift?)
Old 18 July 2001, 01:05 PM
Jaggy Bunnet
Scooby Regular

Andy Winskill,

At 153mph+, you'd be beyond the end of the markings on the road by the time the second flash goes off, but there'd still be a beautiful view of your car in the frame from the first flash. It's not rocket science to work out you'd have been going a tad over the limit

JB
Old 18 July 2001, 03:29 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

Bob

I like it.
Very discreet, but I still like it
Old 18 July 2001, 03:52 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by bob:
<B>last week when coming back from London my car hit 120+mph 3 times and also managed a 150+ mph.[/quote]

Yes, it's easy to get diverted onto Runway 27 when coming out on the A4 isn't it?

Where's StuartH, anyway? Haven't heard from him for ages. Despite all the anti-Plod ragging that's been going on in the last few weeks.

BJH