Sponsored by:

Door Dinkers - This time its War!!!

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2002, 03:15 PM
Ru$$Rip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

After hours of intense polishing my MY02 I decided to take the family out for the day to a nearby and popular park. Only 2 weeks old and it looked awesome. After eventually deciding where to park - not too remote, not too close to other cars, I left it parked up for a couple of hours with noone else on the same row . When I arrived back I saw what car was parked very close next to me and I just knew it - An 'E' reg ****ty astra saloon with baby seat in back - AAAArrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhh. Sure enough ONE PRISTINE DOOR DINK!!

I went absolutely spare and booted the Astra car door (to the shock of my wife) - only to see it spring back into place perfectly! In the moment of sheer lunacy I grabbed a 3 inch wood screw and added a perfect go-faster stripe all down the side of the Astra.

I know It was wrong and I should not have stooped to their level but as you can gather I was F****NG P****D OFF! I would not have used the screw if it was a decent car but I would put a value of about 300 quid to this thing.

What are the rules of engagement for these selfish ******?

[Edited by Ru$$Rip - 8/18/2002 3:18:27 PM]
Old 18 August 2002, 03:20 PM
ktm1974
Scooby Regular

what u should have done is run the screw down the length of the owner. why cant people respect others property[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 18 August 2002, 03:22 PM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

Wink

Some people just dont give a sh**...!!!

The thing is there car was so crap they probably wont notice... i dont think i could of been so controlled as you, i.e even if it was a good car i would of done the same..... at least that way they will be as pis*** off as you..!! however most peolpe with a new car are a bit more carful, not wanting to damage there own car..

Dan

[Edited by dhorwich - 8/18/2002 3:23:55 PM]
Old 18 August 2002, 03:23 PM
scooby-si
Scooby Regular

Location: 2005 sso, 1/4 finals,3rd in 60ft; 2004 sso,semi finals,2nd in 60ft time; 2003 standard car 2nd 60ft
Red face

i know what u mean m8 [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

new or old i would have done the same or sit and wait 4 them to come back
Old 18 August 2002, 03:37 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Should have smashed the windscreen. they would have to get that fixed!

******* 1 and all!
Old 18 August 2002, 04:16 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Angry

Folks

It's not always the old crappy cars that are responsible:

Some people with Company cars!
Shopping/school run 4x4's
Women with young children who think your car is there to help support them as they get the kids out of their car.

Grrrrrrrrrr!

Even if you park at the other end of a car park, someone always follows you!!! Sometimes I take up two spaces.

Den
Old 18 August 2002, 04:18 PM
graham pritchard
Scooby Regular

Typical
Lost count of the times I park far end of car park and come back to find some T****er has parked a shed or a people carrier next to me. Can guarantee there will be a ding in me door. Must have had 5 or 6 chipsaway repairs in the last 18 months.
I HATE PEOPLE CARRIERS and the people that own them!!!
Old 18 August 2002, 04:49 PM
Scoobydick
Scooby Regular

Red face

Who's the bigger fool - the fool who dinks the door or the fool who leaves a £20,000 prized posession unattended in a public area?

Chill out it is just a car and is designed to be used - you will have stone chips all over it anyway before long. The second dink will not be as upsetting as the first and eventually you will stop caring. You are just going to spoil your own enjoyment of the car if you **** yourself each time you take it anywhere.

If you want to keep your car as a perfect museum piece style of artwork then treat it like you would a £20,000 painting hung behind a glass case. The Scoobies have very thin body pannels to keep the weight down - you can't have everything - you could have got a Volvo - they are hard to dink.

I would love to be a fly on the wall following you around if you owned a Ferarri or something

Probably Tommi does not carry on like this if his WRC gets dinked does he!

No wonder all Scooby drivers are getting branded as ********* with people like you kicking in other peoples cars. Anyway, any other car could have come or gone from the car park whilst you were away - how were you were sure enough to vandalise the Astra.

You are a fine example of a To55pot IMHO
Old 18 August 2002, 04:54 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Red face

Scoobdick

Methinks you had better put a flame suit on pretty quickly!!

By the way Tommi doesn't have to pay for his car or to have it repaired when it gets damaged - so not really a good analogy!!

Den
Old 18 August 2002, 04:56 PM
DIXIE
Scooby Regular

Angry

feel for yuo m8 some t**t has just done the same to the rear door and wing of mine, left a black mark 4' long & 4" wide high up above bumper level & pushed in the door skin & a small dent on the wing. Proberely a 4x4 that has only seen a muddy puddle on the side of the road.

not a happy bunny.

Dixie.
Old 18 August 2002, 04:57 PM
TurboBoost
Scooby Regular

"with noone else on the same row . When I arrived back I saw what car was parked very close next to me and I just knew it"

Tis true you make a conscious effort to park miles from any other car. Yet others are drawn like iron fillings to a magnet, the baby seat must have set the alarm bells ringing.
Hilarious response, I'm sure the do gooders will be on later to say you're no worse than a vandal, but hey its only an old shed and it has a baby seat, they will be totally and utterly oblivious to the scratch - just like they were when they dented yours.

This is why I hate having a brand new car, the paranoia you go through for the first 6 months borders on obsessive. Once it has a few stone chips etc, you can concentrate on thrashing it and not worrying quite so much about any pikeys damaging it. Even though you will still park 600m from Sainsburys to find that empty row....

[Edited by TurboBoost - 8/18/2002 5:10:10 PM]
Old 18 August 2002, 05:00 PM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

Wink

if it made you feel better it was worth it,an eye for an eye i say
Old 18 August 2002, 05:02 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Red face

I am at a loss to believe that people are agreeing with you!!

I think you are stupid [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Why did you just not wait for the owner to come back and talk to them, you never know they may have been reasonable!

It's just a car, I leave mine anywhere and it's never been touched.

I suggest you go to anger management course.
Old 18 August 2002, 05:02 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Red face

BTW Clarebabes did not post that, I left her username in.
Old 18 August 2002, 05:13 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Clarebabes
This is the really annoying thing,you say you leave it anywhere and to you it's "just a car" and it's people like you who never seem to get damage! I take great care where I park, leave maximum gaps even select type of vehicle I park next to, and I still get cretins leaving damage!! You are right to say "It's just a car" - I've tried that- doesn't last long unfortunatly.
JohnD
Old 18 August 2002, 05:17 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Talking

I didn't post that - see above!
Old 18 August 2002, 05:23 PM
Ru$$Rip
Scooby Regular

Scoobydick and Clare - By your reactions I summise that you have clearly never bought a brand new car from a showroom. I am not suggesting that I wrap it up in cotton wool - I would at least expect to get through 2 weeks before some selfish, clampett tw*t deliberately flings their car door into my vehicle. Yes it is a car and yes **** happens however isnt it funny how i never seem to ding anyone elses car and I have a baby car seat also? My moan is directed at the mindless tossers who no regard for peoples property!
Old 18 August 2002, 05:30 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

This is a tough one! I can understand you being really hacked off and angry, I would too, but I'm not sure about the scratch! Maybe a bit of an over-reaction but then I'm not sure how I would have reacted in the same situation

I remember one time at work I was looking out the window (doing loads of work!!!) and I watched a women in a beat up rusty fiesta attempt to get out of a huge parking space. In front of her was a nice merc and behind a brand new Aston DB7. I could see it coming a mile off and sure enough she reversed into the Aston If I'd had a gun I swear I'd have snipped the bitch through the head for it. But then I'd struggle to aim in time cause she just shrugged her shoulders and drove off [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 18 August 2002, 05:52 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Angry

Excuse me, CAN YOU NOT READ!? I DIDN'T TYPE THAT! DAVYBOY TYPED IT!!!

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I actually felt that I would have done something similar coz it's really pissed me off that I've got a dent in my car!
Old 18 August 2002, 06:00 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ru%%Rip,

I don't agree with damaging other cars period. Did you have any proof it was that car that did the damage? Personally, I'd have waited for the owner and ask them up-front. If you carefully open their door and it hit's the spot of the dink, then you've all the proof you need. If they don't want to listen, get witnesses or the cops involved.

JohnD,

The point is you've worked your fingers to the bone, srimped and scrapped to save some money and even made some sacrafices so you can own a nice shiny new car (and any car for that matter).

The some complete to$$pot with a "it's only a car" attitude decides to open their door straight into yours. They've no care or consideration for others, just living in some blinkered world with their head up their own @rse!?#@%

I've witness plenty of women in car parks simply swing open their doors straight into other cars when lifting kids out of car seats. That really pi$$es me off big time.

If I can be as careful as possible not too damage other cars when getting out, why can't everyone else?

Stefan
Old 18 August 2002, 06:13 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Respect.

MB
Old 18 August 2002, 06:22 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't agree with damaging other cars period. Did you have any proof it was that car that did the damage?
Ru$$Rip - It's lucky for you that no one saw you scratch the shed, Criminal damage and all that.

Old 18 August 2002, 06:28 PM
scoobydiver
Scooby Newbie

I'm not sure I wouldn't have waited for the owner and then shot a rocket up his/her behind. Trouble with the screw option is it's sods law you'd get nicked for criminal damage. That would really have rounded your day off.

I personally think any wanton damage to cars should carry a prison sentence. I am fed up with kids bikes lent on the car, people leaving jeans' stud marks on my bonnet etc. It's a question of respect for others property (pikey scumbags have nothing so respect nothing) and taking responsibility for ones own actions.

Intelligence may come into it, but my 5 year old daughter knows to be careful of other people's (aswell as our two) cars, especially when she opens a door, so there is no excuse.
Old 18 August 2002, 06:42 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
cut out the Pikey word please.

You are a fool for reacting the way you did, you have now commited a criminal offence and if you are filmed on CCTV you could be in big trouble.

If that was my shed you attacked i was sue your **** for damages, how do you know for sure it was that car, you dont! For all you know that person may have scrimpt and saved for years with no real income and may be relying on the **** value that the car held to get them out of the **** in the future. Single mum who had to leave a violent husband and start on her own maybe? You dont know do you!

wrong response, grow up and take your head out of your ****, not everyone can afford a nice car, not everyone does damage on purpose or is even the guilty party you think they are. You are worse than the person who damaged your car because you did criminal damage on purpose, the value of what you damaged has no bearing on that.
Old 18 August 2002, 06:55 PM
Phil Harrison
Scooby Regular

Not too much difference between the original post and Roy Keane's (alleged) statement in his book - Take that you C**t

IMHO, those who say "it's only a car" condone the incident and give the impression that they, too, might not bother to open their car door carefully. I think they miss the point, which is nothing to with cars, but is to do with people.

[rant]

This is all to do with the minimal respect and courtesies which we are all entitled to expect and, expecting them should be content to give. We are all entitled to expect the 'peaceful enjoyment of our possessions', and that gives us the moral right to be angry when others don't treat us as we would (hopefully) treat them (whether we can control that anger is anoth matter altogether . I, for one, open my car door carefully regardless of what's parked next door to me a) because I expect my neighbour to do the same and b) self interest - I don't want to knock the paint off the edge of mine! [/rant]

So, scratch away m8 - "it's only a car" - so both those who advocate revenge, and those who belittle the damage will be equally condoning!!!

BTW - Don't post about "causing criminal damage in excess of £20" (or whatever the current definition is) on a BBS....you never know who's watching. We ALL have instances of long coincidences in our lives, don't we!

P
Old 18 August 2002, 07:01 PM
XRTypeRS
Scooby Regular

Smile

This all reminds me of someone I spoke to once who actually believed that the purpose of bumpers was so you could feel when you touched the other cars when parallel parking!!!!!.

GRRR!!
Old 18 August 2002, 07:07 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Angry

Lets get this right?

Because I says its "only a car".....I might do the same????

You are a total fool.

If I say, I will kick **** out of his car, that make me OK?

Get a grip.................

Old 18 August 2002, 07:31 PM
LoFi
Scooby Regular

gotta agree completely with johnfelstead. You've obviously completely lost you rag and acted in an irrational way, and IMO with a disproportionate response. If you react like that when stationary in a car park witha dink (we've all got them, they are part of car ownership, sad but true) I'd hate to know what you'd do if some fool cut you up at a roundabout, or heaven forbid rear ended you. Quite why you'd want to tell a load of people how badly you reacted is beyond me.

Piers LoFi
Old 18 August 2002, 07:32 PM
robsta
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Mr door dents pail into insignificnce after the 7 O'clock news.
Old 18 August 2002, 09:49 PM
DodgeT
Scooby Regular

well said robsta!

end of the day, its a car, them or bits can be replaced, get a f*cking life.

Quick Reply: Door Dinkers - This time its War!!!