Sponsored by:

STI7 Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2002, 08:35 PM
TrueSTI man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Had my STI 7 Prodrive since May and accrued 5,500 miles, starting to loosen up nicely with no problems encountered so far. Would welcome feedback good or bad from other owners.
Old 11 August 2002, 08:58 PM
doug1
Scooby Newbie

Had my pro drive since June now has 8k on the clock and i too have not encountered any probs have noticed a couple of things 1.the closeness of the gearing was surprising with any small mis calculation meaning 1 have gone from 6th to 3rd on a couple of occasions! 2.a noise on the right hand side not of the worrying sort more annoying perhaps an interior body panel?

Having said that i am really happy with it coming up to its 1st proper service so intresting to see the cost compared to my previous Toyata celica,also have had good response from other car drivers except BMW!!
Old 11 August 2002, 09:02 PM
TrueSTI man
Scooby Regular

The garage I bought mine from said that the 10,000 mile service costs £90 which if true ain't bad.
Old 11 August 2002, 09:09 PM
korky
Scooby Regular

Hi all,

Had mine since April. 6K on the clock.

I also have the annoying "click" in my right ear. Reported it to Subaru who have engineers looking into it. It may be a design fault - the internal superstructure of the chassis creaking as the shell flexes. If I find out what it is I will post it on here.

Other than that, apart from stone chips and thud from rear suspension, I have only praise for the car.

Cheers,

Korky
Old 11 August 2002, 09:29 PM
Lemmy
Scooby Regular

I have had mine since June and only done 2500 miles. No mechanical problems or suspension clunks, but two anoying rattles - one from the dash somewhere around the radio and the other from the nearside trim near the rear seat seatbelt. The second one is only bad on coarse road surfaces.

Also three stone chips (2 on bonnet, one on roof) + a dent in bonnet from stone (no chip).

Main finding is that smiles increase with miles!

Alan
Old 11 August 2002, 10:32 PM
Big Goon
Scooby Regular

New 7 weeks ago, 5000 miles, loosening up nicely.
No probs so far, very happy.
Old 12 August 2002, 08:49 AM
pmather
Scooby Regular

Talking

Got mine in March, 9000 miles on clock and now loosened up nicley. A superb car in every respect, the only niggles being the rattles in the cabin. I have rattles from both doors, and my drivers seat creaks occasionally.

On old MY01 WRX I had a rattle from the centre dash which I found was where the clock console met the main dash. A good firm push solved that for good, and touch wood so far the STi hasn't developed the rattle that sounded like it was coming from behind my right ear that some of you seem to be experiencing with your STi's but I did get with the WRX.

I guess at a push I could mention the gear box needs a good 10 mins to warm up to allow easy gear change, but hell all the above are easy to live with when you put your foot down just a little bit round a corner and feel the car respond like a dream :-)
Old 12 August 2002, 08:59 AM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Got mine in march, 6500 miles later I think its getting slower!
Old 12 August 2002, 09:00 AM
Richard Work
Scooby Regular

Hi Guys,

I've had mine for 2 weeks and now have just over 2000 miles on the clock, (The previous owner put the first 1200 miles on for me - cheers Andy ) still feels fairly tight though.

Has anyone had any problems with the brakes - I'm getting juddering through the steering wheel? I'm not sure if it needs an alignment or if the discs are warped? Am I wrong in thinking that they should not warp in 2000 miles, with out serious abuse?

Absolutely love the car though

Cheers

Richard